CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
RGHoskins
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
ccured
Gyle41386
Thenardier
robgusc76
NJGCfan
Mangus now coaching (1826)
Can Tennessee get to (1259)
ESPN Article on HBC (988)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (794)
2 Crazy things (759)
Spread vs. aTm (745)
Chick Redefines the (721)
Lindy's top 100 for (704)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (609)
The Bama series (503)
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2015 - Davon Durant

View Poll Results: Who is the number one guy on your board?
Tyrone Crowder 12 13.64%
Larenz Bryant 16 18.18%
Kelsey Griffin 2 2.27%
Matt Rolin 25 28.41%
Michael Hill 8 9.09%
Na'Ty Rodgers 2 2.27%
Mike Williams 16 18.18%
Tyshon Dye 2 2.27%
David Williams 1 1.14%
MarQuez North 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #18261
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Montravious Adams Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Clemson had 4 guys over at his house for 3 hours tonight for an in-home including Dabo, Brooks, Venables, and Caldwell. Would love to be a fly on the wall to hear all the BS they tell him
Yes I think flies follow dabo wherever he goes.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #18262
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

He's visiting Auburn this weekend, and they are the favorites now.
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #18263
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Why do we compete so much with Auburn??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
Carolina and Clemson both have been dealing with UF this year. We both lost guys to them.
But if we're a little lucky, we could get Moore and Bryant....2 Florida guys.....maybe make it even.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #18264
JoeCock
4-Star

CockyCash: 500
JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Why do we compete so much with Auburn??

Just my perception but I always thought that Auburn has targetted USC as someone they could "Step On".
Old 02-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #18265
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
He's visiting Auburn this weekend, and they are the favorites now.
He just got there today. Must have changed his mind quick and you must have some great inside info.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #18266
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
He just got there today. Must have changed his mind quick and you must have some great inside info.
It's always been AU/ Clemson battle for him Auburn new coaches have made a strong impression on him.
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 02-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #18267
phdnumbaone
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 572
phdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spursphdnumbaone has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Yes I think flies follow dabo wherever he goes.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:55 AM   #18268
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdnumbaone View Post
You sir get extra style points for your name. Although you may want to invest in a pocket dictionary.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #18269
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit
Default Re: Yannick Ngakoue Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Did Yannick get to see a game here this year? Curious as to whether or not he got to compare the game-day environment.
I certainly hope so because that should definitely swing things our way. There is no game day environment at Maryland

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
Old 02-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #18270
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

IDK what it is but I believe that we end up landing him.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #18271
dumpyloser
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 994
dumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
IDK what it is but I believe that we end up landing him.
and Bryant
Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #18272
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Is there any chance that if other targets commit that yannick will miss the boat?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #18273
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Yannick just seems like the most ready to contribute next year, in order (of the four) it seems to be

Yannick
Walton
Skai
Bryant

In terms of being physically ready for the sec by this fall
Old 02-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #18274
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Some of the biggest Clemson Fans I know are USC Graduates. Joey Herbert that owns Boscobel Golf Course comes to mind. Your actions speak about your loyalty I will just leave it at that.
Ok man, think what you want but you're completely wrong. Your recruiting insight is usually good but you're off base here. I've been playing Devil's Advocate as 99% of posters here have been basically dumbfounded that he would even consider Maryland in comparison to us. I've said several times that USC is by far a better program than UMD, I'm just pointing out reasons why he would want to go to UMD. I've said this about five times but if he was not from DC it would be completely different.

Hope we get Yannick, although with the recent developments with Walton, Brant, and Moore it may not matter.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #18275
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Yannick just seems like the most ready to contribute next year, in order (of the four) it seems to be

Yannick
Walton
Skai
Bryant

In terms of being physically ready for the sec by this fall
I think Bryant and Yannick are the most ready to contribute.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #18276
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
Ok man, think what you want but you're completely wrong. Your recruiting insight is usually good but you're off base here. I've been playing Devil's Advocate as 99% of posters here have been basically dumbfounded that he would even consider Maryland in comparison to us. I've said several times that USC is by far a better program than UMD, I'm just pointing out reasons why he would want to go to UMD. I've said this about five times but if he was not from DC it would be completely different.

Hope we get Yannick, although with the recent developments with Walton, Brant, and Moore it may not matter.
Damn man enough already. He lives very close to Maryland if it wasn't for that Maryland wouldn't even be in play.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #18277
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
Damn man enough already. He lives very close to Maryland if it wasn't for that Maryland wouldn't even be in play.
that could also be said about Jedaveon Clowney or marcus lattimore or alshon jeffery. there is always in state pressure.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #18278
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
Which is what I've been saying throughout this thread, and in return I get called a Clemson fan.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #18279
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
that could also be said about Jedaveon Clowney or marcus lattimore or alshon jeffery. there is always in state pressure.
Exactly. Obviously the situation we were in when we got them was better than the one Maryland is in right now, but the allure of playing in-state is always going to be high.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #18280
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
I was simply stating a fact but thanks for the insight. The same could not be said because we won more than 2 games and were on the rise. Maryland is terrible and while I do believe they will get better its not going to happen anytime aoon. So this dude trying to make excuses for Maryland being bad is just stupid. College Park is nasty and the stadium isn't any better.
Closed Thread