CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Storm Of Spurs
carcosa
**USC vs. Clemson GA (5888)
Decommitment from Te (993)
Beat Miami (861)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (751)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (682)
Cleveland Browns Hea (657)
Garcia and Clemsux T (642)
Need a dog kennel (268)
Four USC Basketball (232)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (207)
The Vent and Coaching cha
looks like we have 2 OL r
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
Previewing Clemson
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
How Long Will The Rebuild
So, why is next year goin
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
2015 - Mark Fields
Four USC Basketball Games

View Poll Results: Who is the number one guy on your board?
Tyrone Crowder 12 13.64%
Larenz Bryant 16 18.18%
Kelsey Griffin 2 2.27%
Matt Rolin 25 28.41%
Michael Hill 8 9.09%
Na'Ty Rodgers 2 2.27%
Mike Williams 16 18.18%
Tyshon Dye 2 2.27%
David Williams 1 1.14%
MarQuez North 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #18281
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material
Default Re: Yannick Ngakoue Thread (2013 Prospect)

I would rather lose him to his homestate team instead of another SEC East team or Clemsux. I can never blame a kid for wanting to play close to home with several of his High School teamates.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #18282
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
Which is what I've been saying throughout this thread, and in return I get called a Clemson fan.
That's because, I believe (IIRC), that you also posted about how MD was improving and was desirable as a program, as if you were defending an EZZ "brother" as a Hurricant fan. MD can most likely only get better since they cannot get much worse, but there are little to no signs of improvement yet, especially with a coaching staff on the hottest seats in the USA.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #18283
Uhaul
Place At The Table! Wooo!

Male

Uhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPitUhaul rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
I would rather lose him to his homestate team instead of another SEC East team or Clemsux. I can never blame a kid for wanting to play close to home with several of his High School teamates.
That's what we relied on back when we were ****ing awful.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #18284
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
I was simply stating a fact but thanks for the insight. The same could not be said because we won more than 2 games and were on the rise. Maryland is terrible and while I do believe they will get better its not going to happen anytime aoon. So this dude trying to make excuses for Maryland being bad is just stupid. College Park is nasty and the stadium isn't any better.
Byrd is actually pretty decent, but the fan support is horrible except for when they're good. Williams-Brice blows it away in atmosphere and amenities, the only thing Byrd might beat it in is bathrooms (no troughs if I recall correctly). CP could be nicer but I would rather be there than someplace like Clemson. At least there's shit to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
That's because, I believe (IIRC), that you also posted about how MD was improving and was desirable as a program, as if you were defending an EZZ "brother" as a Hurricant fan. MD can most likely only get better since they cannot get much worse, but there are little to no signs of improvement yet, especially with a coaching staff on the hottest seats in the USA.
Well since UMD is leaving the ACC I would assume most ACC fans are pissed at them and wouldn't be defending them, kind of like how Big 12 schools were with aTm and Mizzou last year. For the record, I am not a Miami fan, my roommate who grew up a Canes fan created this account but stopped using it so I began posting from it.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #18285
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Quinton Powell Thread (2013 Prospect)

Uf is refusing quinton and he is upset..he slammed uf on twitter about not being trustworthy. this coming from a kid who decomitted to vist elsewhere. pot meet kettle.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #18286
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Uf is refusing quinton and he is upset..he slamned uf on twitter about not being trustworthy. this cominv from a kid who decomitted to vist elsewhere. pot meet kettle.
love it.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #18287
thewerrz
Recruit

Male

thewerrz has hatched from the shell

Has us in top 4. Miami back in it?
Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #18288
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Uf is refusing quinton and he is upset..he slammed uf on twitter about not being trustworthy. this coming from a kid who decomitted to vist elsewhere. pot meet kettle.
Would you rather he stay committed and potentially choose another school suddenly, leaving his initial choice in a tough spot because they weren't aware?

Seems to me like decommitting when you're looking is actually the "trustworthy" thing to do.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #18289
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Better to decommit than stay committed if you're unsure and flip at the last second. If UF was promising him a spot and then left him out they are much worse imo. And this really shouldn't surprise anyone, Muschamp and his staff are a bunch of untrustworthy snakes.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #18290
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
Better to decommit than stay committed if you're unsure and flip at the last second. If UF was promising him a spot and then left him out they are much worse imo. And this really shouldn't surprise anyone, Muschamp and his staff are a bunch of untrustworthy snakes.
lol I like the way you think
Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #18291
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
Would you rather he stay committed and potentially choose another school suddenly, leaving his initial choice in a tough spot because they weren't aware?

Seems to me like decommitting when you're looking is actually the "trustworthy" thing to do.
lol
Old 02-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #18292
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
lol I like the way you think
haha same to you
Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #18293
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

He really seems to hate Florida right now... I know you can't decide your next four years based on revenge, but coming to SC would give him a chance to be a factor in keeping UF out of SEC Championship, etc (and getting his team into it). All of his other choices are outside of the SEC and he wouldn't play Florida.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #18294
cockyness11
Banned

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

My friend just text me that Powell was calling Spurrier Jr all morning long, trying to see where he stands on coming here...When he finally got through to Jr, he told him that we were already full!!! Sounds like we must feel pretty good about the recruits we got left on the board..
Old 02-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #18295
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

his loss. he decided not to take an OV here last weekend
Old 02-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #18296
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

As I go there at least once a year to hunt w my best friend(yes, every winter- excluding this super warm one-Central Florida has a pile of ducks). I have met a number of big boosters & I promise, bar none, when things are going well for them, they have the most annoying & arrogant fan base-ever . I have always hated them & always will (my buddy, who went to grad school w me @ Carolina, hates them more. He dated one of their top 5 boosters & broke up bc he was an a hole).
Old 02-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #18297
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Dang... Dude woulda been a gamecock.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #18298
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
his loss. he decided not to take an OV here last weekend
Etg, what is your stance on what happened to him with uf? i think its fine to decommit, but if your position starts getting filled you better jump on board before its too late..

seems like he assumed he could could just commit at anytime regardless of numbers . now he acts butthurt..did he not see rolin and anzalone commit..heck, they have 3 ee lbs in school already.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #18299
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyness11 View Post
My friend just text me that Powell was calling Spurrier Jr all morning long, trying to see where he stands on coming here...When he finally got through to Jr, he told him that we were already full!!! Sounds like we must feel pretty good about the recruits we got left on the board..
doesn't make sense considering he just tweeted that SC was in it.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #18300
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Did Yannick get to see a game here this year? Curious as to whether or not he got to compare the game-day environment.
I don't think so.
Closed Thread