CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
75CarolinaFan
Spurrier_Superior_On
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
bcolinc
johnnyb
kingofnerf
sanford
Spurrier: Davis May (7237)
Devonte Holloman Ret (2409)
Aggie looking forwar (1019)
JD & DJ Getting (1017)
Article on Shaw & (1000)
Cockaboose Owners (949)
I have not bought in (852)
and the #1 2014 acc (804)
I'm thinking we're g (714)
SEC East QB's Ranked (498)
Madden 15 demo?
Lattimore Tidbit
First "Carolina Call
I have not bought into ou
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Cheap jersey and very nic
Devonte Holloman Retiring
Connor Shaw Browns
Aggie looking forward to

Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material
Default Re: name your all time favorite player..

Justin Smoak
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #22
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Matt Price. I haven't been following as long as most of you. I had a hard time with College Baseball being a home run derby. I love what the new bats have done for the game.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #23
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
I love what the new bats have done for the game.
Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurch
Old 02-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #24
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 918
treyno2722 is learning to pecktreyno2722 is learning to peck

Kip Bouknight
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #25
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in

Justin Smoak
Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #26
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Roth then Kip.

What Roth did in the 2010 CWS is just amazing. And beat first round pick after first round pick on Friday nights all of 2011 then in the Supers against Matt Barnes, then Danny Hultzen, then Karsten Whitson to win the national title. Not to mention his career against Clemson.

35.1 innings pitched.
6 ER.
24 Ks.
3-1 record with a save.
A microscopic ERA of 1.54.
Including a 1-0 record with an ERA of 1.65 in the postseason.

And Kip was the first Carolina pitcher I ever saw. Unreal season he had
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 AM   #27
mercjason
Loving being a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 400
mercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spurs

wrong forum, sorry fellas-

Last edited by mercjason; 02-04-2013 at 05:08 AM. Reason: whoops!
mercjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #28
MLief
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
MLief is learning to peckMLief is learning to peck

Roth
MLief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #29
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Roth
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #30
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Christian Walker
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #31
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Kip was always my favorite. And I really liked watching Blake Cooper. But after the way the past three years have panned out I think Roth has to be my all time favorite because of the way he handled the game on and off the field.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #32
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Ever. Dave hollins. The june raines era doesnt get enough love understandably due to our recent sucess. But under raines we made the ncaa tournament 7 straight years in the early to mid 80sto when the tournament was 36 teams not 64.
Tanner era. Kip bouknight or drew meyer

Yeah, I grew up in the Raines Era, so those guys still hold a special place with me. Guys like Brian Beatson, Brian Williams, Skeets Thomas, and all the Cromers bring back good memories for me.

Going to The Sarge in the mid to late 80s with my dad and sitting behind the hecklers was always fun. Probably one of my favorite games was when Wichita State(the defending National Champs) visited sometime around 88. The hecklers gave Gene Stephenson heck that night. l
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #33
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Wingo - I used to make over/under bets with my buddies for a soda on when Wingo's uniform would get dirty.

I'd usually place the o/u at the middle of the second inning.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #34
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Wingo

Attendance record vs. Clemson as a student: 5-0
Attendance record at home games as a student: 32-3

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #35
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

This thread is enjoyable. I grew up in the Richardson era, and my son's attended Raines baseball camp. I picked Wingo because in the grand scheme of things, he ,as much as any other, defined our success, or should I say our ascent to the pinnacle of college baseball.
Say what you want about the pitchers, defense got it done.................
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #36
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Roth.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #37
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Roth - The Legend
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 AM   #38
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

When I first started getting into USC baseball my first favorite player was Drew Meyer. SS, wore #7, and I just loved his overall play of the game.

Michael Roth, I discovered way before the fame(not to brag. lol). Saw him come in a relief form at Clemson and I believe in Greenville 2010 when we played the Tigers. I tuned to my Dad and said I like this Roth guy and wondered why we never left him in for the Clemson match after they pulled him. The rest is history...
Old 02-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #39
zappa
Bowl MVP

Male

zappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot material

Hank Small
Old 02-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #40
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

Wingo

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote