CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
GregoryHouse
zcoop
Jdallen20
Yearofthegamecock
Badazcock
roosterdude21
Blackland
Team Garcia
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (23719)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1905)
Simple "yes&quo (1404)
Phil Steele just pre (1105)
Garcia: Change the R (669)
TeMarcus Blanton (658)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Anybody just have th (371)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (315)
Where in Seattle (225)
Eat Crow
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Name a Gamecock
Anybody just have that &q
Hire Muschamp as DC!
2016 - Avery McCall
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
WET PAPER SACK DEFENSE
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Bama @ Tennessee

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #41
DBjr
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
DBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his clawsDBjr is sharpening his claws
Thumbs up Re: CNN article on Dylan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
Thompson has Bible study in his apartment for the players once a week. This past week, a player made a profession of faith. Last Sunday, 20 Gamecock football players attended church with him. Obviously, the guys don't see any hypocrisy or preachiness in him. They see leadership and godliness, and some of them want it, too.

BTW, I doubt there will ever be national articles about Thompson that don't mention his faith. It's such a part of him, that whether he's leading us to a victory over Clemson or throwing the final pass for a score in the bowl game, the media will mention his faith. He has made it clear that his faith gives him the confidence to play and the drive to play his best. The media will always use that angle. It's called "human interest."
this.......
Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #42
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: CNN article on Dylan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Follow him on Twitter and you won't see much about football stats.
He has blown up twitter every time he's played. You won't see that by following him, because he doesn't tweet his stats. You see it by typing his name in the search bar and reading all tweets for every Dylan Thompson on twitter. We are in off season now, so no one is tweeting football stats.

What's your point?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #43
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

God isn't the head coach. God is just a team adviser.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #44
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

CockyCash: 200
WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
Can I ask why this is so funny to you?
Someones a little butthurt for no reason, no one is attacking anybodies beliefs here, so just take a deep breath my friend.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #45
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
He has blown up twitter every time he's played. You won't see that by following him, because he doesn't tweet his stats. You see it by typing his name in the search bar and reading all tweets for every Dylan Thompson on twitter. We are in off season now, so no one is tweeting football stats.

What's your point?

My point is that his tweets are religious in nature.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #46
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I believe in the same higher power as Dylan but out of respect for people who don't I said "let's not make this a religious thread" I didn't say we can't talk about it, I was just saying let's dont argue with each other to the point where the thread is shut down.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #47
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Bet Cully reads something out of Leviticus.
Right now, he's probably reading something on the Ravens' offense. Hope he has a great game tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #48
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I believe in the same higher power as Dylan but out of respect for people who don't I said "let's not make this a religious thread" I didn't say we can't talk about it, I was just saying let's dont argue with each other to the point where the thread is shut down.
Stop threatening us.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #49
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
My point is that his tweets are religious in nature.
Some of his tweets are religious - about half I'd say. He also tweets about his friends, where he is, what he's eating, if he's playing ball, working out - he loves the social media, I guess. He appears to me to be a happy kid who loves God, people, and life. There's never anything downer from him at all. I think he might be the most positive person I've ever come across.

People like that awaken an interest in other people. They want to know why he's happy. They want whatever he has that makes him that way.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #50
psychosc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3800
psychosc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Well, the article is in the CNN Faith section, and it talks about the bible out loud project. Says SOS uploaded a verse. I wonder what it was.

Bet Cully reads something out of Leviticus.

Yeah, that's right...I went there.
Ouch! I felt that all the way to SC(I wonder what he meant by that)!

Old 02-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #51
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous

That's awesome. I follow him on twitter and always read the things he tweets. It's obvious God is working through Dylan and I'm greatful he's apart of GamecockNation!

Army National Guard
Old 02-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #52
CockaThaWalk
Kick Dawgs Peel Taters

Male

CockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervous

Religiously based or not, Dylan found the catalyst that made him a better person and football player. That's all that matters. He's gonna light it up at Billy Brice!!!! He's fearless
Old 02-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #53
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

I was good until I got to the part about Christians being persecuted. That's like talking about the White man's struggles.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #54
lilcocky2004
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 687
lilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Yeah, I know some are sensitive, but this is one of our players getting positive national attention. This article is very unusual for CNN. Even people who aren't religious should be able to appreciate that Thompson's image is good for USC.
omg what 2 or 3 post and someone already crying about religious stuff.it's our player and im proud he is standing up and doing what GOD wonts for him.god bless you Dylan.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #55
lilcocky2004
Recruit

Male

lilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUSCMike View Post
“Being saved and dedicating my life to Christ is actually the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me,” Thompson said.

Amazing, this is what the op is about and somebody doesn't want it to turn into a religion thread. If religion bothers you, don't read it.
amen brother.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #56
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 200400
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material

Guess the lesson for CT Christians here can be found in Matthew 7:6.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #57
lilcocky2004
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makindough View Post
It's great and I certainly will make it a "religious" thread because what Dylan is doing not only shares the Gospel and our Lord with others but it brings faith into the football program and players that may need a direction. He is a true leader on and off the field much like Marcus is. I'm proud to say that my three boys have strong believers to look up to, not just because they are gamecocks, but believers in Christ. We need more people like him in this world.
best post yet.i 100% agree
Old 02-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #58
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

I get the impression a lot of the Gamecocks are Christians and God-fearing. It seems to correlate with the cultural improvment under Spurrier. This is somewhat ironic since Spurrier is not one of the coaches that publicly wears his religion on the sleeve. He just walks the walk.

Shaq Attack
Old 02-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #59
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
God isn't the head coach. God is just a team adviser.
Now that that's cleared up and we all know who Gamecock Jesus is, what is the role of Moses? Recruiting adviser?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #60
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Now that that's cleared up and we all know who Gamecock Jesus is, what is the role of Moses? Recruiting adviser?

The way he opened a hole in the red sea, I want him as our OL coach.