CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
rosstheboss
markymark550
Transmaniacon
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
2014 Charleston Clas (3247)
The Defense (2068)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (2037)
**USC Women vs. San (2035)
Women's soccer Sweet (1613)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1175)
USC/clemson spread (903)
In case no one saw.. (821)
injury report? (716)
Odell Becham Catch (359)
Texans getting frustrated
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2014 Charleston Classic:
**USC Women vs. San Diego
Fly_over tomorrow?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Marquav
2015 - Joe Blue
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo

Old 02-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #61
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ole Miss is kickin azz in recruiting this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
According to an "insider" on one of Bama's boards last night, Saban and Mullen have apparently approached the SEC office with supposed dirt on Ole Miss' staff.
screw them.. Saban has been getting the best classes every year he needs to mind his business and just keep winning. None of what Ole Miss is doing is effecting him and won't. Mullen is a tool who also needs to stop complaining. Seems like that's all he's done since he's been there. His problem is he can't get players to Miss State..or he can't actually coach (one or the other) & now that Ole Miss is getting a little better, it's just another thing in his way. Also wasn't Mississippi State involved in the whole Scam Newton thing?? They're not squeaky clean either.

Last edited by GamecockSuperFan; 02-02-2013 at 06:58 PM.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #62
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

I dunno....I think it is kind of crappy to accuse Ole Miss of cheating just because they are kicking ass in recruiting. If some proof comes out, fine. But right now you just have to give them props for having success.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #63
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Maybe, but even you have to admit that a lower tier western conference team suddenly grabbing the top 3 recruits in the nation after one decent season sets off some alarms.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #64
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Jose Canseco ‏@JoseCanseco
Ole Miss is not cheating they are clean

RINGING ENDORSEMENT.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #65
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
According to an "insider" on one of Bama's boards last night, Saban and Mullen have apparently approached the SEC office with supposed dirt on Ole Miss' staff.
Yeah we know that Alabama Program is clean
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #66
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
screw them.. Saban has been getting the best classes every year he needs to mind his business and just keep winning. None of what Ole Miss is doing is effecting him and won't. Mullen is a tool who also needs to stop complaining. Seems like that's all he's done since he's been there. His problem is he can't get players to Miss State..or he can't actually coach (one or the other) & now that Ole Miss is getting a little better, it's just another thing in his way. Also wasn't Mississippi State involved in the whole Scam Newton thing?? They're not squeaky clean either.
Spurrier would be turning them in also if he had anything on them. Spurrier will be the first to tell you he will turn in another team in a heartbeat if he finds out they are doing something improper. Not sure why other coaches shouldn't do it too.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #67
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
I dunno....I think it is kind of crappy to accuse Ole Miss of cheating just because they are kicking ass in recruiting. If some proof comes out, fine. But right now you just have to give them props for having success.
That's not the only basis for this. The smoke that I've heard tell of has been: 1) yes, the fact that they're clearly batting waaaaay out of their usual league right now; 2) rumored job offers in Oxford for Nkemdiche's mother and another player's father; and 3) a committed player tweeting a picture of stacks of $100 bills.

I am sure there are other rumored shady dealings out there, but I haven't paid that close attention to it. Meanwhile the only explanation they can offer has been the "excitement surrounding the program." ....OK. Based on what??? Going back over the past 3 seasons they were 7-6, 2-10, and 4-8. Something smells fishy.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #68
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
I agree with you that they shouldn't be "accused" of cheating. That is a strong word.

But I also think it is common sense that red flags are going to go up when something like this happens. I think red flags should go up. It doesn't mean they did anything and I do agree with "innocent until proven guilty." But it is also is very reasonable that people are going to have questions. They have more 5 star signees than they had SEC wins last year. That is going to raise some eyebrows.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #69
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Jose Canseco ‏@JoseCanseco
Ole Miss is not cheating they are clean

RINGING ENDORSEMENT.
Epic win :)
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #70
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Maybe, but even you have to admit that a lower tier western conference team suddenly grabbing the top 3 recruits in the nation after one decent season sets off some alarms.
They had a mediocre season at best... and I looked at their schedule from this past season and they beat nobody good. Their recent recruiting $uccess makes you wonder....
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #71
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Everyone's boosters are doing it.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #72
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Spurrier would be turning them in also if he had anything on them. Spurrier will be the first to tell you he will turn in another team in a heartbeat if he finds out they are doing something improper. Not sure why other coaches shouldn't do it too.
Not all coaches run as clean a ship as Steve.
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #73
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 126034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

They 100% are cheating... But it keeps those players from Bana uga and Florida!!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #74
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
They had a mediocre season at best... and I looked at their schedule from this past season and they beat nobody good. Their recent recruiting $uccess makes you wonder....
It really does. Something's got to be going on there or Freeze has the best recruiting staff ever. If its the recruiting staff, we need to hire some of those guys away.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #75
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

I cracked up at Colin Cowherd's comments this am-"Ole Miss isn't cheating, they have a beautiful campus, gorgeous women, and the academic difficulty of a fishing license"
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #76
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
No doubt. Not only that but he parlayed affiliation with a high school recruit into a gig on the staff which to me is sketchy to begin with but especially so when you're talking about a spot on that staff. Is it just me ot does it seem like auburn and the miss schools almost always have dirt going on.
IIFC Freeze was cleared by the NCAA for going to Ole Miss a month after Oher but was found guilty of secondary violations for contact with other Memphis TN recruits. He is a good coach though.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #77
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
According to JC Shurburtt, Ole Miss has 2 ace recruiters .. Chris Kiffin (yes, Lane's younger brother)and Wesley McGriff that are absolutely killing it right now. They also have Derrick Nix (I'm guessing this is Tyrone's son?) that is an up & comer too.
The fact that there is a Kiffin involved should make anyone question the ethics of their recruiting.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #78
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I don't know if it is still accurate or not but on the DP show today they said the entire big 12 conference had 20 ESPN 300 players sign while OLE Miss had 10
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #79
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Maybe its just Ole Miss' time. They havent been a great program in a very long time. With Nkemdiche going there, i can see other top guys wanting to follow the best player. We were in a similar situation a few years back. Lattimore, Clowney, Gilmore...were once players we would have never imagined playing football for USC. If we hadnt landed Gilmore, who had offers from almost every "top" program in the nation, we probably would not have signed JD. I think this is just Ole Miss turning that corner. Freeze might be selling his program kind of like Spurrier sold Carolina...yeah they have won before (nothing since the 1960s) but maybe Freeze is selling it as "doing things that haven't been done here in awhile"..instead of Spurrier's pitch of "doing things that have never been done here"

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #80
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I'll be the first to mention it, didn't any of these recruits watch the 30 for 30 on the Ghosts of Ole Miss and their troubled past? That would scare me away. haha
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote