CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
JaxcockFL
SMOTFS86
GregoryHouse
B-G
JerseyBird
gamecockgal
uscGRAD04
Cockhornleghorn
2014 Subway Classic: (1957)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1407)
Former Gamecock root (1323)
Franks boy's are pla (1013)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (522)
Kentucky is dominati (496)
Chance of my lifetim (431)
Bruce!!! (360)
Question for those w (358)
Franks boy's are playing
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Question for those who ha
Has the window closed for
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
The Vent and Coaching cha
Decommitment from Texas A
official UFC thread. (new
Former Gamecock rooting f

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #381
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jonathan Walton Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGamecock View Post
Not to derail thread but wasn't there also a story about Latti not trusting Trooper or something?

PS I would be ecstatic for Walton and Bryant
It was Marcus' Mother I believe...Taylor tried to sweet talk her, but she was swept away by Steve "Estaire" Spurrier when he took her by the hand and tripped the light fantastic......

Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #382
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1097400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
It was Marcus' Mother I believe...Taylor tried to sweet talk her, but she was swept away by Steve "Estaire" Spurrier when he took her by the hand and tripped the light fantastic......

wow excellent use of dancing cock and the phrase "tripped the light fantastic"! well done
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #383
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I now doubt Walton annouces before NSD which was not the original plan. If he announces now, then he'll have to hear from half the state criticizing him for leaving the state. Of course neither Auburn nor Alabama had anything to do with him until a few weeks ago after we offered and showed some interest. Almost all the Auburn sites are saying he's going to USC.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #384
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I now doubt Walton annouces before NSD which was not the original plan. If he announces now, then he'll have to hear from half the state criticizing him for leaving the state. Of course neither Auburn nor Alabama had anything to do with him until a few weeks ago after we offered and showed some interest. Almost all the Auburn sites are saying he's going to USC.

I understand Walton has told both schools who the winner and the loser is already. So our coaches know even though the public doesn't yet.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #385
b381l
Banned

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I understand Walton has told both schools who the winner and the loser is already. So our coaches know even though the public doesn't yet.
Yes, I think that's correct.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #386
jayceecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

From what I know, Auburn players and coaches have been calling him all night, the day he was to make a decision. He may of reconsidered his decision, which could be a possibility.

You would think this would be a no brainer once Auburn came in the picture. Home state, Iron Bowl and closer to home.

Our coaching staff did a great job on his OV, from what I'm hearing, Botkin is on top of this and working his butt off.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #387
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
From what I know, Auburn players and coaches have been calling him all night, the day he was to make a decision. He may of reconsidered his decision, which could be a possibility.

You would think this would be a no brainer once Auburn came in the picture. Home state, Iron Bowl and closer to home.

Our coaching staff did a great job on his OV, from what I'm hearing, Botkin is on top of this and working his butt off.
how do you know?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #388
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

He knows what he is talking about

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 02-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #389
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
hearing walton and bryant are done deals to USC
That's huge, anything on Yannick or Moore
Old 02-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #390
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
He knows what he is talking about

Glad to hear that Botkin is giving it his all to land him. It's really tough taking a kid out of his back yard, especially when the back yard is Alabama.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #391
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Quote:

100% accurate. Botkin has done everything right while recruiting this kid. When Auburn offered, everyone (including Walton) believed he was going to Auburn. Regardless of where he goes, I am now positive Botkin is an excellent recruiter.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #392
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Good to hear.

I'd love to see Auburn and Florida pay us a fee for talent evaluation services.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #393
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
100% accurate. Botkin has done everything right while recruiting this kid. When Auburn offered, everyone (including Walton) believed he was going to Auburn. Regardless of where he goes, I am now positive Botkin is an excellent recruiter.
I'm really hoping we get 2 LB's.....it would be great for us, but it would be just as big for Coach Botkin. I've read on several sites that some have questioned his ability to recruit and/or why did we hire him in the first place. And I'm really getting tired of reading that crap. This will go a long way shutting them up.....although, many of them are just negative about everything.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #394
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

If he fields a crap unit he will catch hell. Even if we strike out at LB this class you can't put it all on him as we've been missing dudes in that slot for like three classes in a row now. Coffee is for closers though, not guys who get in the final two. Always be closing.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #395
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Obviously if Auburn is calling him all day and night, they are trying to get him to change his mind is what it sounds like.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #396
ac_lanham
Recruit

Male

ac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spurs

This whole Reuben Foster leaving his visit thing may make Auburn decide to press for Jonathan Walton even harder now, at LB...

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #397
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
hearing walton and bryant are done deals to USC
Really hope this is still the case. Both would be huge pick ups. The next few days are definitely going to be interesting.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #398
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_lanham View Post
This whole Reuben Foster leaving his visit thing may make Auburn decide to press for Jonathan Walton even harder now, at LB...

If so, hopefully it backfires, or it's too late anyway. His decision is supposed to be made already.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #399
ac_lanham
Recruit

Male

ac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spurs

Announced on Twitter that he's #GamecockNation!!!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #400
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Boom
Closed Thread