CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ReadR00ster
eaglegolf018
ccured
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
Thenardier
ucan'tlickourcocks
The Yancey
ColaCock
rosstheboss
Stadium Ratings-Site (792)
NBA Wants to Up Age (433)
Construction of Worl (393)
Peach Bowl name retu (377)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (349)
Save Electricity By (342)
HELP calculating acr (288)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (273)
How Experienced In P (238)
40 Ways You Know You (171)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
What is your perfect egg?
Jameis Winston's Accuser
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Name a Gamecock
Stadium Ratings-Site rate

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #61
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: CNN article on Dylan Thompson

I think that Dylan should transfer to Liberty.

#ModForMod
Old 02-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #62
USCswimmer
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
USCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervous

http://i.imgur.com/E0nBCzp.jpg

How I feel every time one of these threads start.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #63
rolinb1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000750
rolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCswimmer View Post
http://i.imgur.com/E0nBCzp.jpg

How I feel every time one of these threads start.
Who is your avatar pointing at? All in good humor don't get all upset just making a point that it is every where and usually overlooked...
Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #64
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolinb1 View Post
Who is your avatar pointing at? All in good humor don't get all upset just making a point that it is every where and usually overlooked...
Great response!
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #65
USCswimmer
Walk On

Male

USCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolinb1 View Post
Haha nice ghost text

It's all in good spirit for me, I just to find the humor in both sides of the argument. And I guess that picture shows how active I am on cockytalk lol.

I'm all for DT believing whatever he wants, as long as he plays good football!!
I was just making a joke about this thread because like 2 people said ''let's not get into religion'', and a couple posters said that saying that 'makes them sick' or 'get out of here'....

I just don't like people thinking they are a better person than everyone else just because they are religious. Be like Jesus :-)
Old 02-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #66
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
He is following his religion by bringing it up every opportunity he has. Nothing in the Bible states you have to only pursue religious actions but it does instruct believers to share the word in their sphere of influence. The problem is far too many Christians are afraid of the negativity that comes from doing this.

I find it fascinating that people have a problem with him sharing his beliefs but they want to promote their right to trash him for doing so.
Dizzy, did you read this article? It isn't an exact parallel to the thoughts in your post, but I thought it was a great article concerning respecting others and their beliefs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shane-...b_2564379.html
Old 02-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #67
Gamecock_girl_west
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
I get the impression a lot of the Gamecocks are Christians and God-fearing. It seems to correlate with the cultural improvment under Spurrier. This is somewhat ironic since Spurrier is not one of the coaches that publicly wears his religion on the sleeve. He just walks the walk.
Seriously? I see no correlation. There are plenty of schools that have had so-called Christian and God-fearing players that get in with the wrong crowd and get in trouble, as has Carolina.

And that's a great article, but really think we should talk about Dylan's hair. He has a great head of hair. I don't think that will insight any bad posts... So discuss.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #68
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Dizzy, did you read this article? It isn't an exact parallel to the thoughts in your post, but I thought it was a great article concerning respecting others and their beliefs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shane-...b_2564379.html
I hadn't before but you're right and people on both sides need to read this and understand tolerance a little more.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #69
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_girl_west View Post
Seriously? I see no correlation. There are plenty of schools that have had so-called Christian and God-fearing players that get in with the wrong crowd and get in trouble, as has Carolina.

And that's a great article, but really think we should talk about Dylan's hair. He has a great head of hair. I don't think that will insight any bad posts... So discuss.
Its a solid Super Cuts haircut.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #70
Gamecock_girl_west
1st Team All-SEC

Female

Gamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot materialGamecock_girl_west is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Its a solid Super Cuts haircut.
Fashion conscious yet economical, love it!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #71
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

I think a discussion on his hair is intolerant to our hair challenged brothers out there.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #72
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

WE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talonsWE_ARE has developed his gaff and talons

What a cluster f*ck thread this turned out to be.....
Old 02-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #73
USCswimmer
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
I think a discussion on his hair is intolerant to our hair challenged brothers out there.
I unfortunately support this claim :-(
Old 02-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #74
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

I just think its interesting about how many of yall call Dylan out for "always throwing God out to us when he is behind a mic" I gotta say, Im a Christian and Im not casting judgement but why, if it bothers you so much, dont you just NOT comment...or read...or listen to what Dylan says? You might be pleasantly surprised at how many of our players wake up every morning and quote the Bible or thank God for their blessings on Twitter. All im saying is its fine if you dont believe heck its your right, freedom of religion, but if you dont like it...just move on! Then start an Atheist thread and see how many Christians respond! just sayin...think about it

BTW he is our QB so its in the FOOTBALL thread
Old 02-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #75
impirius
Galactic Overlord

Male

impirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot material

I think there has been more arguing in here about being asked not to argue about religion than actual arguing about religion. So in a sense, the request kind of worked...

Personally, I'm just glad that the article is about Carolina athletes involved in non-pyramid-scheme websites.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #76
Gamecock_girl_west
1st Team All-SEC

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Ooooohhhh, good point. I guess in my attempt to diffuse I inadvertently started a team hair (Dylan) vs team bald (Connor). EGADS! THERE IS NO AVOIDING IT. WE ARE ALL DOOMED!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #77
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

DO NOT READ.............I like where the young mans head is at. If he belives in the principals of his faith and contributes his sucess to his faith , Thats his business. You see more athletes doing the same.Must be something to it !!!! Real men arent afraid to declare thier faith.

Last edited by highpockets12; 02-03-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: SPELLING
Old 02-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #78
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCswimmer View Post
Haha nice ghost text

It's all in good spirit for me, I just to find the humor in both sides of the argument. And I guess that picture shows how active I am on cockytalk lol.

I'm all for DT believing whatever he wants, as long as he plays good football!!
I was just making a joke about this thread because like 2 people said ''let's not get into religion'', and a couple posters said that saying that 'makes them sick' or 'get out of here'....

I just don't like people thinking they are a better person than everyone else just because they are religious. Be like Jesus :-)
Jesus actually had his harshest criticism of the religious. I think he compared them to whitewashed tombs. Pretty on the outside, but full of corruption on the inside.

Shaq Attack
Old 02-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #79
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

my statement has nothing to do with cully, its directed to the posters who insist on commenting on threads like this complaining about the topic of our players and religion. like i said, dont like it, dont read it. there is a difference between starting a thread titled..."BELIEVE IN GOD" or one that says..."An article about our player and his beliefs on a national website."
Old 02-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #80
GoldenSpur7
Veritas vincit ...

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Good for him, if he's following his beliefs. Would like to see him lay off that stuff a bit in the press conferences, though - he's a little over-the-top at times with it.
Closed Thread