CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
HelleraisingCock
SAETerrier
GamecockStud
bigdog2003
gamecock88
roosterdude21
JerseyBird
Larenz Bryant update (1695)
Joeckel Transfering (965)
Victor Hampton Arres (831)
UK's Whitlow to tran (685)
2016 - Greg Little (672)
What type of snake i (509)
response from charte (492)
Wu Tang affiliated r (426)
13 Vintage Internet (256)
Attendance next seas (221)
Victor Hampton Arrested
Why sports will always un
Joeckel Transfering from
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
boiled peanuts
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Softball takes 2 of 3 at
Steak and eggs

Old 02-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #81
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Re: Winter Workout Studs

I'd love to see another winter workout vid.. I must have watched the one from last year 20 or so times! It gets me pumped up to see our guys putting in hard work and getting after it in the off season.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #82
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
man, you obviously do not have a clue! all of the experts questioned alshon's dedication. he dropped way down the draft board because of how they perceived his being out of shape the entire junior season. where were you? he came into camp at 235 before his jr season, and had a gut. it was a huge story. he played out of shape all season long, and didn't go after several balls that he regularly went after in the 2010 season. when it came time for the nfl combine, he finally worked his butt off, and got down to 212. that says a lot right there. you can't get into that good of shape for your final college season, but are willing to do it for the nfl?????????? many of us saw alshon loaf all season long, and only really fought hard in games, when it was on the line, or he was called out by an opposing player. he was doubled and triple teamed all season in 2010, and they said he was virtually uncoverable, but in 2011 he couldn't beat single coverage. you don't think being so heavy and not being as dedicated had anything to do with that? get real!
For the love of all things holy, can you please never post on this subject again?
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #83
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66 View Post
For the love of all things holy, can you please never post on this subject again?
+1.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #84
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
For the love of all things holy, can you please never post on this forum again?
Tweak added at no extra cost. :)
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #85
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

This thread makes me laugh
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #86
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
This thread makes me laugh
me to!!! garnet glasses getting kinda thick around here...

Quote:
why? was there anything that i wrote that is not true?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:15 AM   #87
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
ha!
sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #88
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
why? was there anything that i wrote that is not true?
Yep.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #89
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
This or any... Less snoopcock would better for us all, he is always correct in his mind, and knows 1000x more than any of us, even though he is thousands of miles away and can only watch games months later on DVD.....

I've never seen someone so against the use of a paragraph... Although they may not have an Enter key on the island
Old 02-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #90
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

And to get back on topic, any updates on English in regards to current weight?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #91
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Yeah and I remember junior talking about how he was a "different cat" and would stay after practice to catch balls alot. I think alot of the Alshon stuff comes from poorly informed corners of the fanbase.
Correct, I went to many of the spring practices and he was still out there working his behind off.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #92
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
This or any... Less snoopcock would better for us all, he is always correct in his mind, and knows 1000x more than any of us, even though he is thousands of miles away and can only watch games months later on DVD.....

I've never seen someone so against the use of a paragraph... Although they may not have an Enter key on the island
He's also the guy who found a way to completely bash Dylan Thompson while Dylan was shredding Clemson's defense on the way to our fourth straight win over them.

A few incomplete passes and he was all over the guy. Three TD's and 310 yards later he was shown he has no clue what he's talking about.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #93
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:

you can go F*&%&^% yourself!!! i haven't exactly seen you contribute anything meaningful to the site. just because you disagree with someone isn't a reason to make such a statement. while it is easy to misconstrue a persons tone and demeanor off of typed pages, that still doesn't excuse such a statement.
i have never claimed to know more than anyone else. and it doesn't matter how far away you are, or how long it takes to see the games, the plays still look the same, and so do the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Yep.
Such as… look, there was a reason alshon went from a preseason, sports ill cover, top ten pick, to where he fell to. i've never questioned his skills, but it was obvious that he wasn't as prepared in 11' as he was in 10'. the results of the draft, and the perception of all of the professionals who write about or scout players for pro teams, prove this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
He's also the guy who found a way to completely bash Dylan Thompson while Dylan was shredding Clemson's defense on the way to our fourth straight win over them.

A few incomplete passes and he was all over the guy. Three TD's and 310 yards later he was shown he has no clue what he's talking about.
I wasn’t bashing Dylan, I was defending Connor. And, as I stated, I just didn’t think his performance in that game warranted everybody throwing Shaw under the bus, especially since shaw played all season long with multiple injuries. There’s a big difference.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #94
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:

man, now that's just straight effing immature. SCC is a dedicated fan and contributor to this site just like you, me and everyone else.
No need for crap like this bashing someone. Seriously, If I were a mod, I'd sit you in the corner and make you think about what you did.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #95
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
man, you obviously do not have a clue! all of the experts questioned alshon's dedication. he dropped way down the draft board because of how they perceived his being out of shape the entire junior season. where were you? he came into camp at 235 before his jr season, and had a gut. it was a huge story. he played out of shape all season long, and didn't go after several balls that he regularly went after in the 2010 season. when it came time for the nfl combine, he finally worked his butt off, and got down to 212. that says a lot right there. you can't get into that good of shape for your final college season, but are willing to do it for the nfl?????????? many of us saw alshon loaf all season long, and only really fought hard in games, when it was on the line, or he was called out by an opposing player. he was doubled and triple teamed all season in 2010, and they said he was virtually uncoverable, but in 2011 he couldn't beat single coverage. you don't think being so heavy and not being as dedicated had anything to do with that? get real!
I was in Afghanistan and watched every game, read every post on the subject, have the SI, know that when we needed a big play his jr year he came through on more than one occassion, and he played hurt.

You also thought he should come back for his senior year, so you want players that loaf and do not lay it all on the line every play?

To listen to anyone say that Alshon Jeffery who you would have no problem saying is the best wide receiver to ever put on the Garnet and Black did not give his all while playing for the GAMECOCKS is wrong in my opinion!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #96
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Oh look. Snoopcockycock has turned a thread into a big argument. I've never seen this happen before.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #97
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

CockFighter has hatched from the shell

Quote:
And to get back on topic, any updates on English in regards to current weight?
I heard he is approaching 240 lbs. That's a step up from playing at 215 lbs last August.
CockFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #98
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

I think he is going to be a stud pass rusher^ Lawing and Deke both like him a lot
Old 02-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #99
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Oh look. Snoopcockycock has turned a thread into a big argument. I've never seen this happen before.
Those earthquakes in the South Pacific the past week or so are due to his ego expanding.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #100
gocockswyn
Two Deep

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Although Alshon did get out of shape his last year, I am so glad he was a Gamecock as everyone on this site would agree. I remember reading reports with his first two years and how he would stay with SOS Jr. after practice was over to practice overtime with routes, receptions, etc. Not sure what happened the last year with weight gain, but he still made some super plays for us.
Its good to hear about players that take the conditioning seriously and become leaders in the weight room. Usually it seems that these players become leaders on the field as well. Hard work does pay off.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote