CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Regalcock
peterlemon
Lalli25
USCBASEBALL1
SanAntonioCock
JaxcockFL
Captain9Dragons
GarnetSwarm1990
rabid cock
2000grad
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (1906)
Chattanooga upends N (1011)
NEW Pics from South (713)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (421)
This Doctor Fell In (387)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (326)
Happy Thanksgiving C (261)
Strategy First Steam (165)
Penniless: Creed's S (158)
Game simulation (0)
Constant Updates on Watso
Clemson Stadium Gamecock
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
Game simulation
THE ONE MARCUS LATTIMORE
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPURRIER
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Name a Gamecock
2015 Commitment - Christi

View Poll Results: Favorite Moment of 2012
Dylan's coming out party vs ECU 7 3.91%
Ace's long PR for an almost TD vs Mizzou 6 3.35%
Ace's PR vs Georgia 35 19.55%
the entire game vs UGA 66 36.87%
entire game vs Clemson 34 18.99%
DJ's hit vs Clemson 18 10.06%
DJ's hit and pick 6 vs Ark 14 7.82%
Outback Bowl 20 11.17%
Bruuccee's winning TD in OB 26 14.53%
Clowney's monster hit of the century in OB 60 33.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly
Default Favorite 2012 moment

Im having one of those moments where Im starting to miss college football. I love the NFL as much as anyone, but nothing beats the excitement of college football, especially SEC

But anyway, what was your fav moment(s) of the season? Feel free to recommend more poll options.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #2
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material
Default Re: Favorite 2012 moment

Hit at taterville was great
Also doo doo hit was awesome 2

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #3
usc51
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPit

Ace's punt return against Georgia. It's the only time in my life where I sat there jumping up and down screaming "holy sh*t!" for 30 straight seconds (I was in the student section so I was one of thousands doing that).
Old 02-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #4
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Definitely Ace return vs UGA. I was in the student section. One of my favorite moments ever in Williams Brice, maybe my top overall favorite.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:59 AM   #5
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

I've narrowed it down to Ace's punt return vs UGA and Dylan to Bruce FTW in Tampa. This is tough, but I think I'm leaning toward the Outback Bowl winner. Can't go wrong with anything on the list.

Sidenote: My third place vote would have to go to Clowney's strip sack against Tennessee. A ton of different emotions involved in that game, so for it to be punctuated by that play was just a great moment.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:02 AM   #6
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I did not vote for it but i came up screaming at the clowney smash more than any other play this season.

Second loudest moment i had was on the clowney sack of bray. GET IT! THE BALL GET IT!

I think i scared my daughter a little too much on that one.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:25 AM   #7
uscbaseball32
Recruit

Male

uscbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervous

Entire game against UGA for me, I've never left a SC game thinking man we can really hang with anyone more than I did for that one. Man I wish our schedule hadn't been so rough we had such a good team this past year. Still very proud of where we ended up but I felt like we were NCG material without a doubt after that one.
uscbaseball32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

USCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscbaseball32 View Post
Man I wish our schedule hadn't been so rough we had such a good team this past year.
We beat ourselves against LSU. An example: Players not running the Mesh concept properly. Early in the game, USC appeared to attempt to run the "Mesh" concept. The two "meshers" collided at the mesh point rather than crossing at different depths, and after the collision, one of the receivers kept on running even though LSU was in zone coverage; against zone coverage, you are supposed to settle in the void between zones after crossing with the other mesher. That's a combined 3 errors on 1 play...That should not be happening 6 games into the season. Multiply that by all the other plays that are probably not being executed properly, and one can begin to understand why we lose 2-3 games every season under Spurrier not because the opponent was better, but because we defeated ourselves.

We also beat ourselves against Florida. We basically handed the game to them. In addition to the turnovers in that game, we also had receivers colliding with each other again, just like the week before. This was 8 games into the season...

It's not as if LSU and Florida played in the national championship. Had we been executing at a high level, we could have defeated both teams by double digits.

I appreciate everything Coach Spurrier and his staff has done to get the program to where it is.

That said, this mediocre execution will continue to cost our team until we have the talent to overcome it. And even then we will still probably have 1-2 games a year where we just hand the game to the opponent.

I don't know if Spurrier's offense is too complex, and/or or if he and the rest of the coaching staff are not effective teachers, but unless the execution improves, we will not see an SEC title, and we most certainly will not see a national title.

If we could get South Carolina's offense to execute at the level the service academies historically have with their offenses, we would go undefeated every year.

Let me emphasize I am not saying Spurrier should run the triple option. What I am saying is that perhaps he needs to simplify his offense and focus on a core group of plays so that the players can get really good at running those instead of them being mediocre at running a lot of plays.

Another way that offensive execution could potentially be improved is by keeping receivers in the same spot instead of moving them all over the place.

Look at the Colts during Peyton Manning's glory years there. Reggie Wayne always lined up in the same spot. Marvin Harrison always lined up in the same spot. By doing this, they got more reps with their routes. Running a post route on the left side of the field is different from running a post route on the right side of the field.

It was clear in the LSU and Florida games that the receivers need more practice running their routes. Again, some of that may be attributed to Spurrier's offense being too complex. More plays means less practice reps per concept.

The Colts are not the only team to keep receivers at one spot. The Air Raid teams over the years have kept receivers in one spot.

I understand we are facing SEC defenses, but what good is fooling the defense if you cannot take advantage of the edge you have just gained by fooling them? I think sometimes Spurrier just gets a kick out of trying to outsmart the defense and/or show everyone how smart he is.

I know I am probably going to get flamed for this post.

How dare I question almighty Steve Spurrier.

Last edited by USCNowAndForever; 02-03-2013 at 08:17 AM.
USCNowAndForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCNowAndForever View Post
We beat ourselves against LSU.
Wow...so that was your favorite moment from 2012?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #10
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1039000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I was never so jubilant as to see Dylan throw the game winner to Bruce in the Outback Bowl. Just stood in front of the TV, arms stretched up in the air, screamin my lungs out, with a tears forming....................I shit you not
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #11
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Beating Clemson was my favorite moment in a season full of great moment because I live close enough to Clemson fans that I get to smile at their sorrow for another 365
Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #12
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb

The entire game vs. Georgia. **** Georgia.
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

The Outback Bowl. That game ended up an instant classic. I seriously thought after finally getting to play Michigan with all the shoe lace hype over the years, that he was going to end his college career with a win over us. Well we all know what happened the final drive of the game.

I never thought as a huge Gamecock fan that I'd ever see the day our team would make a final drive like that for the victory with 11 seconds left in the game WITH OUR BACKUP QB. I still get chill bumps thinking about it.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
RphBallCoach
Blue Chip

Male

RphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervous

ML first TD and the coming together of both teams when he was down...behind my sunglasses I was crying like a baby.
RphBallCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #15
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

USCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Wow...so that was your favorite moment from 2012?
Care to reply with something meaningful?

To answer your question, my favorite moment of 2012 was beating UGA.
USCNowAndForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #16
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Beating Clemson. But Clowney's hit is a very close second. Third would be DJ against Arky
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #17
Factorynew
On Walk

Male

Factorynew is sharpening his clawsFactorynew is sharpening his clawsFactorynew is sharpening his clawsFactorynew is sharpening his claws

Great poll, but you left out Clowney winning the game vs. TN. That would have got my vote.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #18
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

There was this one gal and a halftime BJ . . .

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #19
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

When Ace ran that punt back vs UGA, not only was the stadium going absolutely bonkers, but it was the first time I legitimately felt like we could contend for a National Championship. A very surrreal moment.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #20
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

ECU vs South Carolina

That game was the favorite moment for my personally because I went to the game with my brothers and it was the first gamecocks game they have ever attended (one is an FSU fan and the other likes UGA).

They really loved the atmosphere in and around Williams-Brice.