CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
Spurticus
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
Kyle76
ccured
The Demise of the 3- (2626)
East Carolina Predic (1759)
Why didn't Wes Green (1435)
A&M on 3rd down (853)
You guys are horribl (694)
louisville (654)
It's the offenses no (589)
Did we ever go after (517)
All of our defensive (416)
Watching the Georgia (322)
The Demise of the 3-4
It's the offenses not the
2016 - Rozelle Nix
All of our defensive play
A few thoughts
Browns sign Rex Grossman,
A&M on 3rd down
Uniform thread
2015 - Amonte Caban
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #81
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Re: CNN article on Dylan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Deal. I want to see national articles written about Dylan based on nothing but his football playing and not about all the religious stuff.
+1000
Old 02-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #82
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Hey, I just thought you guys would be interested in ANY article CNN did on a Gamecock football player, especially a positive one.

The main focus of the article is his project, TheBibleOutLoud. Johnnyb, a mod here, said earlier that TBOL articles are allowed because several of our athletes (Dylan, Marcus Lattimore, Michael Roth) as well as athletes from other colleges (Michigan QB) have endorsed it.

Besides, it's off-season. Do you just want to read 100 threads about recruiting?

If this thread offends you, don't read it. That's what I do. I ignore avatars which are offensive to me. I avoid threads that I don't like.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #83
cockypanther
Banned

Male

cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I was good until I got to the part about Christians being persecuted. That's like talking about the White man's struggles.
How ironic..
Old 02-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #84
cockypanther
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpockets12 View Post
DO NOT READ.............I like where the young mans head is at. If he belives in the principals of his faith and contributes his sucess to his faith , Thats his business. You see more athletes doing the same.Must be something to it !!!! Real men arent afraid to declare thier faith.
The real reason all this is out out there is because one of the goals of Christianity is to "spread the word". I don't know why people who are Christian cannot be comfortable with the fact that maybe not everyone shares their beliefs? And if people wanted religion they would seek it out, not have it forced upon them... Mission trips for example.

As I've said before, plenty of non Christians are good people and live life dutifully and respectfully and with purpose.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #85
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
...not have it forced upon them...
Who exactly is forcing what on anyone in that article and its having been posted here?
to come true." Bodhi.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #86
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
The real reason all this is out out there is because one of the goals of Christianity is to "spread the word". I don't know why people who are Christian cannot be comfortable with the fact that maybe not everyone shares their beliefs? And if people wanted religion they would seek it out, not have it forced upon them... Mission trips for example.

As I've said before, plenty of non Christians are good people and live life dutifully and respectfully and with purpose.
I am very comfortable with the fact that not everyone shares my beliefs. I work with people of several different faiths. They respect me, and I respect them.

I also agree that plenty of non-Christians are good people who live good lives with purpose.

I would never say anything contrary to those statements.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #87
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1706674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

To those posters questioning why this thread is allowed to remain

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, this forum is about our football team, it so happens that at this point in time our football team is made up of a good number of young men who's religious beliefs happen to play a large part in their lives. If it is not something you care to hear and you cannot respond respectfully as per board guidelines, please feel free to hit the back button.
As far as the Culliver issue, today "Gay rights" are more of a political issue than anything, and will be treated as such on this board.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #88
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:

Read the bible and you will find the answer to that.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #89
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
To those posters questioning why this thread is allowed to remain

As far as the Culliver issue, today "Gay rights" are more of a political issue than anything, and will be treated as such on this board.
why is gay rights in quotes?
Old 02-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #90
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

S you all will find something else to moan and complain about

Old 02-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #91
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
S you all will find something else to moan and complain about
sorry, I didnt mean it as a complaint.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #92
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Well, the article is in the CNN Faith section, and it talks about the bible out loud project. Says SOS uploaded a verse. I wonder what it was.

Bet Cully reads something out of Leviticus.

Yeah, that's right...I went there.
Exactly where did you go? Is the implication that Christians are bigots, and therefore, Thompson is a bigot? He isn't. He has illustrated over and over again that he loves everyone. If he was a jerk, everyone on his team would know it, and you would see it in the interviews.

Is the implication that he is gay? If he were, he would likely say so, but I highly doubt that he is. Look at his twitter, his facebook, and his fan page on facebook. If he doesn't like girls, he is certainly going to a great deal of trouble to disguise it. He's with the same girl in all of his profile pics. Is she in on the scheme, too? BTW, it's possible to be both Christian and gay.

Why is it so difficult to simply read the article and comment on what it says rather than speculate on what it doesn't say?

Also, mission trips were mentioned earlier in the thread. My family is really big on mission trips, just like Thompson is. He went to El Salvador twice, and he's going to Africa over spring break. If you have never been on a mission trip, you may not understand that most of those trips were spent doing construction, cleaning up after natural disasters, and holding camps (sports, art, music, crafts) for lower-economic children. Nobody forces religion down anyone's throat on mission trips. Usually, people see the acts of kindness and ask why the visitors are willing to give up their vacation time and money to come help them. If they ask, the people on the teams share the "why" with them. It's not as if the mission team members require anything from anyone. They don't. They just go do the work and let God handle the rest.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #93
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
Exactly where did you go? Is the implication that Christians are bigots, and therefore, Thompson is a bigot? He isn't. He has illustrated over and over again that he loves everyone. If he was a jerk, everyone on his team would know it, and you would see it in the interviews.

Is the implication that he is gay? If he were, he would likely say so, but I highly doubt that he is. Look at his twitter, his facebook, and his fan page on facebook. If he doesn't like girls, he is certainly going to a great deal of trouble to disguise it. He's with the same girl in all of his profile pics. Is she in on the scheme, too? BTW, it's possible to be both Christian and gay.

Why is it so difficult to simply read the article and comment on what it says rather than speculate on what it doesn't say?

Also, mission trips were mentioned earlier in the thread. My family is really big on mission trips, just like Thompson is. He went to El Salvador twice, and he's going to Africa over spring break. If you have never been on a mission trip, you may not understand that most of those trips were spent doing construction, cleaning up after natural disasters, and holding camps (sports, art, music, crafts) for lower-economic children. Nobody forces religion down anyone's throat on mission trips. Usually, people see the acts of kindness and ask why the visitors are willing to give up their vacation time and money to come help them. If they ask, the people on the teams share the "why" with them. It's not as if the mission team members require anything from anyone. They don't. They just go do the work and let God handle the rest.
I think he was joking, more than anything else.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #94
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Quit fighting people ! Just go post your verse on the site and you'll feel better !
Old 02-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #95
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
Quit fighting people ! Just go post your verse on the site and you'll feel better !
home run.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #96
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
I think he was joking, more than anything else.
Okay. I'm not fighting at all. I just think an adult discussion of differences is better than wondering what people meant by their posts.

It bothers me when young men of faith are automatically labelled as anything other than what they present themselves to be.

I've already posted my verse. I did it a few days after the site opened.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #97
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Okay. I'm not fighting at all. I just think an adult discussion of differences is better than wondering what people meant by their posts.

It bothers me when young men of faith are automatically labelled as anything other than what they present themselves to be.

I've already posted my verse. I did it a few days after the site opened.
thats great. what a nice thing to be able to do. I just thought the post was making a reference to the verses in levit. that condemn homosexuality and by doing so bringing up the culliver controversy in a round about manner.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #98
USCswimmer
Recruit

Male

USCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervousUSCswimmer is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
I am very comfortable with the fact that not everyone shares my beliefs. I work with people of several different faiths. They respect me, and I respect them.

I also agree that plenty of non-Christians are good people who live good lives with purpose.

I would never say anything contrary to those statements.
You're one of the good ones
Old 02-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #99
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
BTW, it's possible to be both Christian and gay.
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreallllllly??? lol! ya might want to read up on that.

this entire thread is hilarious!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #100
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreallllllly??? lol! ya might want to read up on that.

this entire thread is hilarious!
I've been warned already so I'm not touching the first part, but the thread is like a lession in why you should never discuss religion or politics in public. people get angry far too quickly with either topic.
Closed Thread