CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
smoovecock
Gamecocks1137
Regalcock
JerseyBird
markymark550
b381l
RGHoskins
CoverTwo
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (1837)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Constant Updates on (1615)
Alshon - Bose (1035)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (954)
Garcia vs Clemson To (854)
How cool would it be (844)
Carolina/Clemson gam (567)
Palmetto Bowl (390)
Chattanooga upends N (219)
Palmetto Bowl
Constant Updates on Watso
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Chattanooga upends No. 4
Andrew Clifford Scooter A
NEW Pics from South Alaba
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ C
Where to watch in Arlingt

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #21
uscbaseball32
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Chris Culliver

Are we not the same fan base that bashes former players for never coming back to games and representing USC, goodness gracious people. Culliver got asked a question he shouldn't have been asked by a guy that shouldn't have had a Super Bowl media credential. Yes his answer was inappropriate, but if we won't look after our own guys then we can't complain when they don't want to represent us either. Get control of yourselves.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #22
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
This!! Chill out everybody

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #23
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

I thought he played pretty well. He gave up the one big play but he was pretty good overall I thought. As far as his personal beliefs that's his business.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #24
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Go back at watch the win against bama and still tell me he sucked at Carolina. He played hurt after that for us.

His own team backed him up and said he got caught up on media day and he was trying to say something different and he was facing no punishment. He came rugbt out and apologized for his comment. He did come off thugish tonight along with about 20 other guys on the field. It was a chippy game to say the least.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #25
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjacketcock View Post
Good lord y'all, the guy had plenty of good plays as well. Being a cornerback in the NFL is a shitty job and you're going to get beat probably half the time. I didn't think Carlos Rodgers played any better tonight, but nobody will be bashing him.

As far as his comments this week, who cares? He has an opinion and he voiced it, big deal. He's still a Carolinian and he gave a lot to this university. No need to kick a man when he's down.
+1.
Great points Sir!
I can understand constructive criticism but thrashing people that are accomplished in what they do for a living is baseless. People can blame all they want on BBs but it takes more than just freelance to be a starter on a superbowl game. Culliver is still a Gamecock in my book. He is also an American and thus has the freedom to freely express his opinion.

Go Cocks!!!
Half of the critics are probably
Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #26
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
I thought he played pretty well. He gave up the one big play but he was pretty good overall I thought. As far as his personal beliefs that's his business.
He gave up a jump ball that he looked lost on, he gave up the long TD, he gave up 30 yards after contact right after they got it to 28-23, then bailed out Baltimore on 3rd and 7 on an awful PI call. Never even played the ball. Not exactly a very good night. A good night is when you don't even hear his name.

I'm not one to bash him but he played awful tonight. Not like the media did him any favors this week by being up his butt after what happened on media day.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:42 AM   #27
uscbaseball32
Recruit

Male

uscbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervoususcbaseball32 is making other chickens nervous

The long TD he gave up was a terrible play by the safety. He had no help over the top against one of the fastest receivers in the NFL. Safety bit on a 15 yd curl route and left Culliver on an island. It was a tough play for him and his safety should have been there to help out.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #28
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

He didnt play well tonight, but he had plenty of games like that at USC. Its always amazed me that he could never keep his mouth shut. He was even talking trash to the punter on the safety. Just shut up and play Chris.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #29
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
I don't see how someone can talk so much junk and play awful at the same time
Just take a look at the school to the northwest.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #30
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

He had a bad game, but most DB's can't handle Boldin 1v1. He will get better, he can be great....just too inconsistent right now.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #31
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
This is not true. Chris played CB for us one year and did quite well. He played safety the other 2 years he played defense and played lots of zone. We've had some others who are playing in the NFL right now who got beat more often than Chris (who played hurt portions of this career here).
Some of you seem to forget it was Chris who was busting heads and was a big part of that big win over Bama in '10.

Some of you are determined to hate former players.
Only the ones that embarrass us.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #32
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

He wore the Garnet and Black. He helped a team almost win the super bowl. He made a couple strange, unfortunate (and somewhat hilarious) comments in response to an inappropriate trap question. Some of you need to back off and support a member of the Gamecock family.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #33
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilchCock View Post
He wore the Garnet and Black. He helped a team almost win the super bowl. He made a couple strange, unfortunate (and somewhat hilarious) comments in response to an inappropriate trap question. Some of you need to back off and support a member of the Gamecock family.
Just b/c someone played football here doesn't mean we have to support them carte-blanche, especially when they publicly make offensive, homophobic comments.

Last edited by NCgamecock1981; 02-04-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #34
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
i found nothing funny about his comments....

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #35
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I understand where ur coming from, but why is it not Ok to criticize someone just because they played at South Carolina? People get on here every saturday night or on a gameday for any other sport, and criticize coaches and players, and all but say they can do it better, but as soon as someone says something negative about a former player, they are "reprimanded".

He played like crap tonight. Thats just the way it is. And honestly, he has never known when to shut his mouth. How many times as a Player at South Carolina did he get personal fouls for jackin his jaw? Heaven forbid someone does say he is gods gift to defensive backs.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #36
Pastatroy
Walk On

Male

Pastatroy is learning to peckPastatroy is learning to peck

my questions to everybody hatin. Would you be able to play lights out in the super bowl? would you let a homosexual man shower next to you almost everyday?
so much haters on this board but most of em dont even know their history
Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #37
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastatroy View Post
my questions to everybody hatin. Would you be able to play lights out in the super bowl? would you let a homosexual man shower next to you almost everyday?
so much haters on this board but most of em dont even know their history
So you cant say a guy had a bad game without being a "hater"? Is that the way it is? If Flacco had thrown 4 INT's, I couldnt tell the truth and say he played aweful, because then, Id be a hater...
Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #38
Pastatroy
Walk On

Male

Pastatroy is learning to peckPastatroy is learning to peck

that is not what i was implying good sir
Old 02-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #39
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastatroy View Post
that is not what i was implying good sir
Just checkin lol. I actually re-read after I posted but got distracted and forgot to edit.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #40
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

So much garbage in this thread...

1. Why do people feel the need to refer to players as "thugs"? I hate to pull the race card, but noone ever calls white players "thugs"... so just keep that word to yourself unless you want to be referred to as a racist, and rightfully so.

2. Do you honestly think that players should share locker rooms (shower and get buttnaked) next to homosexual men? Culliver was basically expressing his opinion that it is inappropriate for homosexual men to share locker rooms with straight men. Obviously, he was not eloquent about it and the question should have never been asked to begin with.

3. This is a Gamecock forum. It looks bad when you start a thread with the sole purpose of bashing a former player and the posters follow suit. Yes, it is different if you start a thread bashing Joe Flacco. He's not a Gamecock. This is a Gamecock forum. It's not that complicated.

That is all.
Closed Thread