CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Acockolypse Now
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
spareparts
MEL
auslander
sanford
B-G
Texags (2158)
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1865)
Ace suspended 4 game (1709)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (1447)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (1202)
watching the Alabama (404)
Jake Coker (312)
Da'Quan Bowers had a (253)
A good friend of min (246)
ESPN Insider (184)
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Official SEC Network and
Another A&M aggie off
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Ace suspended 4 games
Georgia DE Jonathan Taylo
Green and Lammons
Good Article for those co
2015 - Christian Pellage

Old 01-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #41
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: LCD vs LED TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I still haven't bought one for the bedroom yet. I was going to wait until Super Bowl week to see if I can catch any good sales.
If it was up to me I would move the 50 inch plasma to the bedroom and get a 60 or so LCD for the living room (Sammy or LG), but I'm married so no dice. But I guess I'm saying you should consider a plasma for the bedroom if you can work it. You get a lot more for your buck and glare probably won't be an issue there.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #42
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

Just bought a60' led Samsung 240 hertz smart tv for $1799 @ hh Greg killer deal

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #43
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
Let's be a little more precise.

S-LCD was established on April 26th 2004 by an equal joint investment by Samsung and Sony dedicated to the manufacturing of amorphous TFT LCD panels for LCD TVs targeting mass production to begin in the first half of 2005.

Samsung owns 50% (+1 share) and Sony owns 50% (-1 share)

It's not uncommon for manufacturers to share vendors. Do you think every component on a Samsung is manufactured by Samsung? Guess again.
Most certainly not but the actual panels that you watch the picture on your tv are manufactured for Sony by Samsung. At least they were until December of last year when they agreement ended and Sony said they would buy their panels elsewhere. Samsung hands down has the best LCD/LED panels on the market though.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #44
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

For you Samsung fans Tiger is having a TV sale: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...yancey@aol.com

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #45
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Samsung LED is the best IMO. LG is also good. But I'd go with the Samsung.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #46
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I went with the 32 inch Vizio LED Smart tv for the bedroom. I did notice way more times of motion blur during the Super Bowl last night than what I see on my bigger Sony LCD out in the living room, and they are both 60HZ.

Overall I pleased with the tv so far and the quality of the picture, especially for sub $300.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #47
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Other than reading the spec, I cant tell the difference. Everything is broadcast in 720 still, right?
Old 02-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #48
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I just ordered a 55" samsung LED. Apparently it will have motion control and voice control...does anyone have any experience with these things?
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #49
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i remember the days when people said "wow, you have a samsung", and it was not positive. samsung used to be the bottom of the barrel pure junk.

when i first saw a samsung tv i turned up my nose, and then the salesperson said it was high quality and explained that they put all thier eggs in the flat panel market and have scored big.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote