CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
bigdog2003
spareparts
Gyle41386
i29gman
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (4230)
Cunningham wants to (1062)
ESPN article on Clow (612)
Clemson Georgia Game (607)
Horseshoes has been (430)
Fumble party (336)
1964 World’s Fair (226)
New Led Zep releases (123)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (119)
Truly Inspiring (92)
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
ESPN article on Clowney -
Lattimore's return. An ar
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2016 - Issac Nauta
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 02-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #321
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material
Default Re: Super Bowl XLVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
At first I wasn't for it but now I'm kind of intrigued by a Super Bowl outdoors in cold weather.

Football in the elements is always great.

Will just suck for the fans I guess
Not to mention the logistics...

All of the media, setup, travel arriving into the game

That doesn't matter typically for NFL games cause those attending are usually local...not so for the Super Bowl.

I remember when it was in Dallas recently, and Dallas received a dusting of snow...it was a nightmare traveling through DFW. I was lucky enough to have a connecting flight a few days before the Super Bowl, and it was pandemonium.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #322
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Not to mention the logistics...

All of the media, setup, travel arriving into the game

That doesn't matter typically for NFL games cause those attending are usually local...not so for the Super Bowl.

I remember when it was in Dallas recently, and Dallas received a dusting of snow...it was a nightmare traveling through DFW. I was lucky enough to have a connecting flight a few days before the Super Bowl, and it was pandemonium.
Yea looking at it the only thing favorable about it will be the game on the field.
It's not like the stadium is in the heart of NYC, it's in the middle of nowhere in NJ.
Although NYC can do it (if they can do NYE they can do the Super Bowl)
But I remember reading this was basically a gift to the Mara family for what they had done for the game.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #323
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Yea looking at it the only thing favorable about it will be the game on the field.
It's not like the stadium is in the heart of NYC, it's in the middle of nowhere in NJ.
Although NYC can do it (if they can do NYE they can do the Super Bowl)
But I remember reading this was basically a gift to the Mara family for what they had done for the game.
I'm ok with it if its a one time thing, kind of like an exception due to the reason you mentioned for the Mara family.

My fear, and expectation, is that this will open the door to it being regular, rather than the exception.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #324
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
I'm ok with it if its a one time thing, kind of like an exception due to the reason you mentioned for the Mara family.

My fear, and expectation, is that this will open the door to it being regular, rather than the exception.
You know Cities like Chicago and Philadelphia are going to try.

I do believe NY can do it with no problems. If I was a fan going to the game I would just rather go somewhere warm.

#LukeForMod

Old 02-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #325
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRocks787 View Post
I'm no fan of Beyonce, but at least she actually sang. Would you rather have had another lip sync performance by Madonna?
You call that singing? I couldn't hear her...which was probably a good thing. And her performance was all about costumes, lights, etc. Madonna sucked too. I would rather see someone like Dave Matthew Band, The Stones, The Who, etc.....someone with talent.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #326
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

At least Alicia plays an instrument.
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #327
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Did they use replacement refs last night? Those refs were awful and allowed mugging of players. The Ravens DBs should have been called for multiple interference on big plays, yet the refs just let it go. Annoying to watch a major game be ruined by not having both teams playing on an even playing field.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #328
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Did they use replacement refs last night? Those refs were awful and allowed mugging of players. The Ravens DBs should have been called for multiple interference on big plays, yet the refs just let it go. Annoying to watch a major game be ruined by not having both teams playing on an even playing field.
I noticed it also. Imo, it had to do with the tv time and media.
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #329
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material

Yeah the refs had a bad night. I thought the best refs worked the SB each year.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #330
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC85 View Post
I noticed it also. Imo, it had to do with the tv time and media.
Actually, there is some controversy as to how the refs for the Super Bowl are selected;

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--of...145832403.html
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #331
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Yeah the refs had a bad night. I thought the best refs worked the SB each year.
Not this year. It was more like the Rooney rule.

Also one thing I think is dumb. They should have one team that's been together through the playoffs/season do the game, instead it's a collection of the "best" guys.

#LukeForMod

Old 02-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #332
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyCock21 View Post
Really, you think she sang, I think she danced like a stripper and let the crowd sing more than she did. She also apparently likes Halo cause she said it about 40 times. I think super bowl half times aren't about being good performers. In my opinion I think they should pick someone who's music is good, and well known(doesn't have to be liked by all) and they should have songs that at least people have heard of. I think Alicia Keys sang and performed(she has skills, like playing the piano) so wonderfully and she gets mocked for singing to slow. she took a song we've heard thousands of times and made it beautiful. The kids and Hudson also knocked it out the park.
I'd guess that a majority of the viewing public had heard most, if not all, of the songs Beyonce performed last night. Like them or not, she's got some hits.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #333
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
You call that singing? I couldn't hear her...which was probably a good thing. And her performance was all about costumes, lights, etc. Madonna sucked too. I would rather see someone like Dave Matthew Band, The Stones, The Who, etc.....someone with talent.
I knew there had to be something out there we could agree on. Preach it, brother! Pop is not even music. That performance last night was a slap in the face of real music. It was nothing but an imitation of Madonna. It was pure junk. No substance and no soul.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #334
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Have you ever actually heard Beyonce sing? She has incredible talent. Yes she danced around a lot last night but that's what people wanted to see. Everything I read about her performance was positive except for what I'm reading here.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #335
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyCock21 View Post
Really, you think she sang, I think she danced like a stripper and let the crowd sing more than she did. She also apparently likes Halo cause she said it about 40 times. I think super bowl half times aren't about being good performers. In my opinion I think they should pick someone who's music is good, and well known(doesn't have to be liked by all) and they should have songs that at least people have heard of. I think Alicia Keys sang and performed(she has skills, like playing the piano) so wonderfully and she gets mocked for singing to slow. she took a song we've heard thousands of times and made it beautiful. The kids and Hudson also knocked it out the park.
Considering she's one of the most popular performers in the nation (probably world), I'd say a lot of people think her music is good. She is definitely well known and many people have heard of her songs. It's a halftime performance, dude... they're not going to put someone out there who is going to play piano by candlelight for you. They want an entertainer (i.e. "dancing like a stripper"... you know minus the whole stripping part and the pole).
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #336
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Have you ever actually heard Beyonce sing? She has incredible talent. Yes she danced around a lot last night but that's what people wanted to see. Everything I read about her performance was positive except for what I'm reading here.
No I haven't. She had a chance to sing last night, but choose to perform instead. That was garbage last night man. But I guess the NFL is going after a much younger audience these days. I'm prepared for Justin Beiber next year.

And I'm willing to bet the power outage had something to do with the halftime show. All the lights and crap probably overloaded a breaker.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #337
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

That game was rigged. I wouldn't say that if the lights went out at halftime, but it's no coincidence that they went out right after the KO return for TD, and the game was out of hand. Too many people invested too much money to have TVs being turned off in the 3rd quarter. Also, if you noticed, they ramped up the commercials as soon as SF started scoring.

I always told people who made this claim(particularly NASCAR and boxing fans) that they were idiots, but I guess they were right all along.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #338
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

People bashing Beyonce are ridiculous... so, if you don't play an instrument, then you are not talented? Wow, makes sense. So, I guess being able to sing very well and dance requires no talent. Man, all of you guys must be super talented to have such high standards. She may have not sounded perfect while singing, but that's because she was dancing all over the place. Do you honestly not understand that when someone is jumping around it causes them to get winded and it makes their singing less impressive... it's really a basic concept that even a child should understand. I'm not even a Beyonce fan, but this ignorance is blowing my mind. If you don't know what you're talking about then that's fine- but don't open your mouth if that's the case. Just because a certain brand of music/entertainment isn't your cup of tea, doesn't mean that it requires no talent.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #339
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
No I haven't. She had a chance to sing last night, but choose to perform instead. That was garbage last night man. I guess the NFL is going after a much younger audience these days. I guess Justin Beiber is next.
That's a possibility. I'm almost 22 and literally almost everyone I spoke to thinks she knocked it out of the park. They were definitely targeting my age group with the Destiny's Child reunion. I grew up listening to them. I like to think I have a good taste in music (I hate poppy BS like Beiber and the like) but I think Beyonce has pipes and is a great performer. She also has an all female band which I think is pretty cool.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #340
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
No I haven't. She had a chance to sing last night, but choose to perform instead. That was garbage last night man. But I guess the NFL is going after a much younger audience these days. They'll probably pick Justin Beiber next year.
The NFL is trying to get a wider audience to watch the game.
Not just the average NFL fan demographic.

I guess it was a success though because it was the most watched Super Bowl.

#LukeForMod