CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Sandstorm29
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
Jim Lahey
Travelin
NinjaSven
WeStillOwnUSC
markymark550
kingoftheroost
So, why is next year (3122)
Why do so many of yo (1439)
Shot in the arm for (1390)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (1014)
looks like we have 2 (807)
Custom Jersey (594)
Abu Bowl Ready (457)
The pets holiday din (250)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (237)
**USC vs. Clemson GA (230)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10"
Further clarification on
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
2015 - Mark Fields
So, why is next year goin
Wilds & Carson Back f
The Vent and Coaching cha
Beat Miami
4 USC/Florida men's baske
looks like we have 2 OL r

Old 02-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Darin Smalls Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Summerville DB Darin Smalls attended USC's junior day Saturday. Smalls has been favoring the Gamecocks since getting their offer and that remains unchanged. "It's a pretty big lead," Smalls said. "We took a tour and saw the campus and facilities. Overall I liked it. I talked the most with coach Grady Brown. He said I have a lot of opportunity to play because there are five DBs on the field at a time." Smalls also has offers from Clemson and Virginia Tech. He plans to visit Clemson in March and he might visit Tech in April. Smalls said he's not sure when he'll make a final decision. He was joined on the visit by his teammate, OL Zack Bailey, a 2015 prospect.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...940/-1/PSPORTS

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #22
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Darin Smalls Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
The post office doesn't deliver the mail on Christmas day skippy.....
They could send a runner to just drop it off at his door. Or just call his coach and tell him about the offer.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #23
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Darin Smalls

Quote:
DB Darin Smalls of Summerville Monday night landed an offer from Florida State. That's his fourth offer joining ones from USC, Clemson and Virginia Tech. Smalls was at USC's junior day last weekend and he continues to favor the Gamecocks.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...854/-1/PSPORTS

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #24
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Class of 2014 DB Darin Smalls (Summerville/Summerville) was a relatively unknown commodity when South Carolina secondary coach Grady Brown offered him in early December, but since then he's also added offers from Virginia Tech, Clemson and Florida State.

Because of the early offer and an early visit for one of the Gamecocks' bowl practices, South Carolina holds the early edge.

Smalls returned to campus for the Gamecocks' junior day.

"They were just talking about their campus and giving us tours and all that," Smalls said. "They were telling us how we need to work out and keep our heads straight and focus on school."

Smalls says a couple of things in particular stood out about the trip.

"Actually being able to stand on the field and actually put on a jersey was cool," Smalls said.

Follow the visits, Smalls says the Gamecocks are still on top.

"What makes them the leader is they were my first offer and I come here more than I go to any other college, so that's probably what sticks out to make them my leader," he said.

The 5-foot-11, 182-pound prospect doesn't currently have a time table for a decision.

"I'd probably let it play out," Smalls said. "I'm not going to rush my decision. USC still leads and Clemson and Notre Dame is after that."

Smalls will visit Clemson in March and maybe Virginia Tech in April. He'll be back in Columbia for a spring practice and the spring game.
Link: http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...ior-day-115765

Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #25
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
DB Darin Smalls of Summerville Monday was offered by NC State. He also has offers from USC, Clemson, Virginia Tech and Florida State. Smalls attended USC's junior day and favors the Gamecocks. His next junior day visit likely will be to Florida State February 23rd.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...933/-1/PSPORTS

Old 03-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #26
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
DB Darin Smalls of Summerville was offered by Georgia Tech Thursday. That gives him six offers. The others are USC, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Florida State and NC State. Smalls was at USC's junior day last month and has no other visits planned at this point. "USC is my favorite as of now," he said adding that he might attend USC's junior day later this month.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...962/-1/PSPORTS

Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #27
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
DB Darin Smalls of of Summerville has USC atop his list. The Gamecocks have offered along with Clemson, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Florida State, NC State and Marshall. His reason for favoring the Gamecocks was simple. "They were my first offer," said Smalls. USC and Florida State were his two junior day visits and he heads to Central Florida Friday. "I've been to USC so many times that I was used to it," he said. "Florida State was so different and it was really nice. I had a good time." After his visit to UCF, Smalls has no plans but would like to attend Clemson and USC's spring games. He plans to wait until signing day before announcing a decision.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...796/-1/PSPORTS

Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #28
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Class of 2014 defensive back Darin Smalls reiterated Tuesday that South Carolina is the leader for his services over Virginia Tech and Florida State with programs such as Clemson, N.C. State, Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech giving chase.

The 5-foot-11, 205-pounder corner and return man is scheduled to be at the Virginia Tech spring game April 20. Smalls, who is being recruited as safety and corner, has a spring best of 10.9 (hand timed) in the 100-meters. On the hoof, the 247Composite three-star prospect definitely has the build of a nickel/safety with a frame that is in the process of stacking considerable muscle mass having gone from 190-pounds during the season to nearly 205 currently.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Lowcoun...-Report-125721

Quote:
USC and Clemson will hold spring games Saturday but one of the state's top prospects will pass on both. DB Darin Smalls of Summerville said he's not going to either game. Smalls was at USC's junior day in March. He also visited Florida State this spring and he will go to Virginia Tech April 20th. Right now USC remains the team to beat. "It's not a huge lead but they are out front pretty far," he said. "I've been there a lot and I like the campus and the whole college. I talk to coach (Grady) Brown about every two days. We talk about where I fit in and about the defense." Smalls said Virginia Tech has been making a strong push. "They're saying the same things, like where I would fit in and the impact I could have," he said. But his top three right now are USC, Florida State and Clemson. Smalls plans to wait until signing day before declaring his intentions.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...913/-1/PSPORTS

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-12-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #29
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Summerville DB Darin Smalls was offered Monday morning by Tennessee. That's his 10th offer. The others are USC, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Florida State, NC State, Georgia Tech, West Virginia, Marshall and Vanderbilt. Smalls has visited USC and Florida State this spring and will go to Virginia Tech this weekend. USC is his leader ahead of Florida State and Clemson.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...809/-1/PSPORTS

Old 04-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #30
Gamecocks111
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks111 has hatched from the shell

Anyone know what was said in the tbs update?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #31
acockyhose
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
acockyhose has feathers coming inacockyhose has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks111 View Post
Anyone know what was said in the tbs update?
Tenn offered, Carolina in the lead
acockyhose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #32
Gamecocks111
Recruit

Male

Gamecocks111 has hatched from the shell

^thanks
Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #33
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Is he a take?
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #34
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Is he a take?
It depends on our chances with Jalen Tabor.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #35
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

He is a take.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #36
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
It depends on our chances with Jalen Tabor.
I don't know about that. We may be in the at least the top 5 with 4 highly regarded CB prospects, but Darin Smalls is a borderline 4* instate recruit, someone you shouldn't turn down. At this point it is doubtful at best we get any of the other guys so there is no turning down a guy like Smalls
Old 04-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #37
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGCfan View Post
I don't know about that. We may be in the at least the top 5 with 4 highly regarded CB prospects, but Darin Smalls is a borderline 4* instate recruit, someone you shouldn't turn down. At this point it is doubtful at best we get any of the other guys so there is no turning down a guy like Smalls
Yeah, our chances with Tabor and a few others are pretty low, but you never know. With numbers being so tight this year, if we can take a much higher rated prospect, then sometimes you have to turn down an solid instate kid. At this point, we might end up turning down Pringle....depending on what happens with a few other prospects.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #38
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

We won't turn him down. He'll probably get a bump in the rankings. Very good prospect.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #39
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

This guy is blowing up, look at his offer sheet.

Yeah, he's a take.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #40
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Something tells me C2 really likes this guy...maybe it's because the Sandlot turned 20 and "You're killin' me Smalls" is a viable option.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote