CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
Acockolypse Now
Luke Skycocker
B-G
StormOfTalons
TigerSpectator
johnnyb
gamecockgal
spareparts
markp_vip
Anyone heard anythin (2792)
Musburger/Palmer to (1205)
Shaq R. (1080)
Dustin Johnson takin (987)
Kewl video (714)
I'm in the Atlanta a (650)
Malcolm Mitchell (kn (647)
Film Room: Can Victo (403)
weather in columbia (367)
Overrated and Underr (244)
2014 Preseason USA Today/
Dustin Johnson taking a l
Backup QB competition
Overrated and Underrated
Musburger/Palmer to comme
What ever happened to Phi
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
An Aggies View of the Mat
Anyone heard anything abo
Shaq R.

View Poll Results: Favorite Moment of 2012
Dylan's coming out party vs ECU 7 3.91%
Ace's long PR for an almost TD vs Mizzou 6 3.35%
Ace's PR vs Georgia 35 19.55%
the entire game vs UGA 66 36.87%
entire game vs Clemson 34 18.99%
DJ's hit vs Clemson 18 10.06%
DJ's hit and pick 6 vs Ark 14 7.82%
Outback Bowl 20 11.17%
Bruuccee's winning TD in OB 26 14.53%
Clowney's monster hit of the century in OB 60 33.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #21
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Favorite 2012 moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
There was this one gal and a halftime BJ . . .
Yance. You gotta quit blowing trannys at the Brice.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #22
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervous

If we could have added the pregame military surprise, before the Georgia game, that would be my definite favorite! Ive never heard our stadium explode like that, awesome moment!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Georgia.

Fantastic night.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #24
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

While the UGA game was great, and the others were equally awesome, Clowney's hit did more than just cause a fumble. It righted a wrong in the game, and sent shock waves across the WORLD.

P.S. The Clemson game wasn't really THAT great of a game until late.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #25
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

Since I was able to vote for all of them at once. I choose all.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #26
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Too many to narrow down to one.

First quarter of UGA game was the best quarter I think I have ever seen USC play.

The Outback Bowl was nuts from start to finish.

Clemson game...I never thought we would lose it for some reason.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #27
CrzyCock21
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
CrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spurs

This is such a tough of a question. I would say that Georgia was the Loudest I've ever heard that stadium a few different times. Not only the punt return, but just in general the feeling was that we own them. We beat them in every single aspect and played the most complete game in school history. The atmosphere that morning at the Horseshoe was incredible all the way up until the Alma Mater. The military surprise was amazing as well, just added to a great day!

Then you have "The HIT". Not only did it right a wrong, and change momentum. It was on a level like no other. It ran through the social media world. Twitter didn't stop for days, analysts couldn't stop showing it with smiles, and it took two weeks before Smith released a statement to try to brush off the hit. My neighbors came over cause they thought something was wrong we screamed so loud.

Then you have beat Clemson, Always a great moment. The strip of Bray to seal the game was a prayer answered on an emotional day! All the big plays, punt returns and interceptions made for an excellent highlight reel.

But to me, the moment that I've been waiting for my entire life as Gamecock fan was the Bruce touchdown catch to cap the victory in the bowl. Back to back 11 win seasons, back to back bowl victories, and finally a comeback win with that signature feel! To finally be on the winning end of a heartbreak game, to feel the rush of jubilation instead of defeat, to finally know that its our time, its GAMECOCKS time!! As a fan I've wanted to see that last second miracle happen for so long that it just made me cry a little to know that it was finally ours to have!

Man it feels good to be a GAMECOCK!!!!
CrzyCock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #28
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

you need points...have some

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #29
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

I wouldn't count "entire games" as moments, and I would also add Clowney's 4.5 sacks at Clemson (or at least that monster sack in the 4th qtr)

Man its so hard to pick just 1 moment. Before the Outback Bowl, I would have said DJ's Clemson hit, or DJ's Arky pick-6

But then the Outback bowl, you could definitely pick one of those 4th down conversions, Ace's punt return, Clowney's hit, or the winning TD.

Needless to say, we had a damn fine team this year
Old 02-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #30
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Clemson game...I never thought we would lose it for some reason.
Same here... we should never lose to Clemson and I think everyone is finally understanding that... the players and fans
Old 02-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #31
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
When Ace ran that punt back vs UGA, not only was the stadium going absolutely bonkers, but it was the first time I legitimately felt like we could contend for a National Championship. A very surrreal moment.
Pretty much sums it up. I was in the South end zone and the yelling continued for a good 30 seconds. My voice was gone before the end of the first quarter.

I can definitely relate with the feeling of contending for a NC... I had high hopes after that game.

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #32
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

If I remember correctly, I made it so you can vote for more than one (but ill check). If I didn't make this poll, this would be a very tough question!
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #33
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Can't we have an option for All of the above...LOL

All of those were great moments!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #34
palanca
Banned

Male

palanca is making other chickens nervouspalanca is making other chickens nervouspalanca is making other chickens nervouspalanca is making other chickens nervouspalanca is making other chickens nervouspalanca is making other chickens nervouspalanca is making other chickens nervous

The Georgia game was awesome, but over before the half.

Beating Clemson was great, but I expected it.

But honestly, I was afraid of Michigan, beaten mostly by the best, with an axe sharpened for the gimpy rooster.

I was a long way from Rock Hill, up in Connecticut, me and the missus, all alone in a rented little box we called home.

She's a Notre Dame fan, but accepts my stray-dog love for the gamecocks, and so we huddled up together to watch the Michigan game, my last game, not hers.

Well, let me tell you i fell into despair, disrepair and catatonic despondency as those damned Wolverthings was surging along,and then came that awful call, the worst case of official blindness ever, Spurrier freaking out, announcers befuddled, me having nothing to throw, figuring that this, THIS, is how it's gonna be.

Sigh...okay...

Skulking around, wondering what the defense, who MUST be TOTALLY demoralized, will do, WE GOTTA STOP 'EM, BOYS!!!

Gah...we're done...

And then it happened, as if the Almighty Himself got fed up, came the Clowney hit! All that was wrong was righted!

My wife and I jumped up, kicking back our chairs, threw our hands up high and jumped into each other's arms in a bone crushing embrace, dancing, not caring what our Connecticut neighbors thought about our shouts of Woo Hoo!

We knew then it was over for Michigan

No sir, no other, none of the above rescued my faith in my team like that singularity did, that big bang.
palanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #35
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
Can't we have an option for All of the above...LOL

All of those were great moments!!!
Haha, you can put a check for all of them!
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #36
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

I loved the Clemson game. I mean when is that last time we torched Clemson thru the air like that. It was nice to finally have a passing game. All we heard was how they could throw the ball around at will. But we were the ones doing the throwing.

The DJs hit. Wow.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #37
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Ace punt return for TD vs UGA. Was like a punch in the mouth to the bullfrogs.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #38
GamecockSuperVisor
Assistnt Regional Manager

Male

GamecockSuperVisor has feathers coming inGamecockSuperVisor has feathers coming in
Send a message via ICQ to GamecockSuperVisor

TD Pass to Ace at Meth Valley.
GamecockSuperVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #39
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Clowney sack of Bray at the end of the Tennessee game, because it turned what looked like a gut punch loss into a victory, because I was at that game, and because it helped get rid of that sick feeling in my stomach after watching the injury to Marcus.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #40
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

The Georgia game was the most fun I have had at a football game ever. Mainly because there were about 100 bulldog fans sitting above me in my section. Not all of them were this way, but the majority of them had their own smart A** comment to make going up to their seats, and each one had to eat their words coming back down.