CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NineInchSpurs
WeStill0wnUSC
Badazcock
Pty23
rabid cock
markymark550
Goofyboy
2000grad
ZenUSC
gromweat
Well, as it turns ou (2402)
Luginbill says ECU s (2355)
What the heck is up (1817)
Next years RB situat (1677)
ECU fan here (1375)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (1301)
Davis dinged up agai (1129)
Freaky Coincidence o (1068)
Defensive stand-arou (910)
Quarles is a Colt! (705)
New Photos by Travis Bell
Davis dinged up again?
For the love of God! -- P
So, Vanderbilt is next
Robin William's fakes dea
Well, as it turns out, we
No Gurley near the goal l
What the heck is up with
Defensive stand-around pl
Name a Gamecock

Old 02-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material
Default Next Year Starters...

Just sitting here and looking at our depth and recruits coming in next year. Who do we expect if any to get P/T as a true freshman? Pharoah, Griffin, Bryant? Any of these guys or maybe Redshirt Freshman who are expected to contribute?
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
qock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
qock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spurs
Default Re: Next Year Starters...

Larenz Bryant is a lock to play. Our LB depth will be non-existent and he is one of our most talented guys coming in. Ronnie Martin should crack the two-deep at CB. Those two are the best bets to play, and with Cooper's injury, it isn't out of the question Bryant has a chance to start. Pharoh will probably get a shot a PR, but I doubt he makes an immediate impact in the Secondary.

Everyone else will probably redshirt. Williams and Griffin are very talented, but there is a lot of depth at their respective positions.
qock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Mitch!!! Lol somebody had to say it.

I think Pharoh will get a shot in the return game, he was wildcat qb in hs, maybe he gets a small shot there. Larenz Bryant should start, a few d-line should work into the rotation too.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
Just sitting here and looking at our depth and recruits coming in next year. Who do we expect if any to get P/T as a true freshman? Pharoah, Griffin, Bryant? Any of these guys or maybe Redshirt Freshman who are expected to contribute?
Pharoah, maybe Williams in my opinion.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:26 AM   #5
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Rico McWilliams would've seen a lot of time at least early this year if not for his injury, I think he might angle for 3rd cb when we have three in, and of course backing up Hampton and Legree. Not gonna be an RS FR next year, but word is li'l Jeffery is gonna be a hoss.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
CrzyCock21
Walk On

Male

CrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spurs

I think Bryant gets the nod for sure, Griffin and Williams are pure talent but I think with depth at those positions they redshirt. Pharoh plays some but not alot of impact until late season maybe. Dj Parks could see time if he shows enough in the summer and early in fall practice(otherwise our o-line is gonna be stacked with what we have). Diggs and Golightly fill the lineback spots.

Lil Jeffery I'm not so sure about. I don't know if he is gonna be what people hope or have heard.

Nosovitch transfers end of next year cause Dylan becomes starter for 2014(if not for this year) and Connor Mitch after that.

Runningbacks we are stacked, just alot of guys who need game touches. Davis, Carson and Wilds will be a nice trio of backs, Blue might even get a few touches.

Corners are young but talented, Legree and Hampton, Brison Williams needs to drop a few pounds and get some speed and Ahmad Christian is gonna be good once he gets more game time. Gurley slides to safety to fill in for Swearinger.

D-line will be amazing still with Quarles, Clowney, Sutton, Dixon, Dixon Jr., and Surrat.
CrzyCock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #7
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyCock21 View Post
I think Bryant gets the nod for sure, Griffin and Williams are pure talent but I think with depth at those positions they redshirt. Pharoh plays some but not alot of impact until late season maybe. Dj Parks could see time if he shows enough in the summer and early in fall practice(otherwise our o-line is gonna be stacked with what we have). Diggs and Golightly fill the lineback spots.

Lil Jeffery I'm not so sure about. I don't know if he is gonna be what people hope or have heard.

Nosovitch transfers end of next year cause Dylan becomes starter for 2014(if not for this year) and Connor Mitch after that.

Runningbacks we are stacked, just alot of guys who need game touches. Davis, Carson and Wilds will be a nice trio of backs, Blue might even get a few touches.

Corners are young but talented, Legree and Hampton, Brison Williams needs to drop a few pounds and get some speed and Ahmad Christian is gonna be good once he gets more game time. Gurley slides to safety to fill in for Swearinger.

D-line will be amazing still with Quarles, Clowney, Sutton, Dixon, Dixon Jr., and Surrat.
The worry with Li'l Jeffrey has always been his ethic, word is he's working hard, and you shouldn't call the heir to qb already, I'm more impressed with Nos' highlight, and I'll name drop here, everyone's favorite contributor, CoverTwo has said he thinks he can press for it too. The word of that kid on scout teams during his RED-SHIRT SEASON is unreal.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:

Corners are young? Hampton will be a RS jr and legree will be a RS senior.

Brison Williams is a safety and Diggs and Golightly play Spur not Lb. Lewis and Holloman will be the front runners at LB.

As for true freshmen that may play I'll go with Bryant and Cooper.

RS freshmen that will be counted on are Rico, Lewis, Diggs, and Waldrop big time at C.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
Mitch!!! Lol somebody had to say it.

I think Pharoh will get a shot in the return game, he was wildcat qb in hs, maybe he gets a small shot there. Larenz Bryant should start, a few d-line should work into the rotation too.
You think Mitch will get snaps. SOS said he will be get a redshirt unless he really outperforms this spring.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
CrzyCock21
Walk On

Male

CrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spurs

Sorry guys, I meant back up Corners will all be young. Safeties are also fairly young, Its not always about class either, sometimes its game expeirence. Forgot about Rico, you are right on that one, he will see alot of time on the field.

As for Spur, its still a linebacker spot, but more of a hybrid, someone who can play saftey and cover as well. Gamecocks only call 2 positions linebacker but spur is essentially the same spot. Alot depends on how guys develope between now and next season but right now Bryant takes over in the middle, Golightly is probably the Spur and Diggs can play on the otherside as they are the only two with big game expierence. Not sure about Lewis but I could see Hollowman getting in there.

As far as Nosovitch, I've heard he's got good stuff but struggles with the playbook really bad, and we all know Spurrier isn't going to play someone who doesn't know the playbook.

Its just exciting to think how much talent we have and watch it be put to work on the field.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #11
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:

Diggs and Golightly are spurs. Kaiwan will be one LB and Holloman the other until Cooper gets better. Larenz may crack the starting lineup but I doubt it. Larenz will almost certainly play though. He is still a bit light for the position.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #12
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sorry guys, I meant back up Corners will all be young. Safeties are also fairly young, Its not always about class either, sometimes its game expeirence. Forgot about Rico, you are right on that one, he will see alot of time on the field.

As for Spur, its still a linebacker spot, but more of a hybrid, someone who can play saftey and cover as well. Gamecocks only call 2 positions linebacker but spur is essentially the same spot. Alot depends on how guys develope between now and next season but right now Bryant takes over in the middle, Golightly is probably the Spur and Diggs can play on the otherside as they are the only two with big game expierence. Not sure about Lewis but I could see Hollowman getting in there.

As far as Nosovitch, I've heard he's got good stuff but struggles with the playbook really bad, and we all know Spurrier isn't going to play someone who doesn't know the playbook.

Its just exciting to think how much talent we have and watch it be put to work on the field.
Yea but you're saying diggs and golightly will play the LB spots which is wrong. Kaiwan Lewis will start at Lb and probably Holloman at the other until Cooper gets better. Bryant will see some snaps too. Diggs and Golightly will battle it out or rotate at the Spur. Rainey will probably work into the 2 deep at LB too.

Last edited by PageUSC; 02-04-2013 at 06:03 PM.
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #13
CrzyCock21
Walk On

Male

as for the Spur i'm not wrong. hybrid Linebacker/Safety position called a Spur or Bandit which is what I said. Golightly and diggs already both play it which in turn would be linebackers, but I don't see them both playing that next year with the lack of depth at linebacker, i would think that a younger player learnss the spur and one of the two moves over. I don't see Holloman starting yet as he has so little expierence. Kiawan Lewis should play he might even start over Bryant. But USC does not always play three linebackers and a Spur on the field. they play 2 and a spur as the third. but we shall see in a few months where they start to fill in at
Old 02-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #14
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
You think Mitch will get snaps. SOS said he will be get a redshirt unless he really outperforms this spring.
If Mitch is forced to play we are in trouble.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #15
SirSpur05
Walk On

Male

SirSpur05 has hatched from the shell

"Nosovitch transfers end of next year cause Dylan becomes starter for 2014(if not for this year) and Connor Mitch after that."...???

Not so fast my friend! This kid is Connor Shaw 2.0 as a runner and every bit the passer as Dylan and Mitch (and probably more, at least more than Mitch). Don't count him out quite yet!
SirSpur05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #16
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 0
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If he struggles with the playbook, then why wouldn't he use the senior QBs to help him with it, the resources around him are boundless. This one is a head scratcher
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #18
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

umm.. according the G.A a while back. Nosa has done a great job of running scout team and has grasped the concept of the playbook very well.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #19
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 0
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
umm.. according the G.A a while back. Nosa has done a great job of running scout team and has grasped the concept of the playbook very well.
Thanks, SGF that's encouraging.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Mangus said Nostovich will receive the most attention from him this spring for development and is very excited to see him progress as a QB.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote