CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
rosstheboss
markymark550
Transmaniacon
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
2014 Charleston Clas (3247)
The Defense (2068)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (2037)
**USC Women vs. San (2035)
Women's soccer Sweet (1613)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1175)
USC/clemson spread (903)
In case no one saw.. (821)
injury report? (716)
Odell Becham Catch (359)
Texans getting frustrated
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2014 Charleston Classic:
**USC Women vs. San Diego
Fly_over tomorrow?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Marquav
2015 - Joe Blue
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo

Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #121
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material
Default Re: Waitress fired after posting pastor's no tip receipt online

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Keep your bartenders happy and they will keep you happy.
There are a handful of people who provide you with a service you don't want to piss off...

Your doctor
Your barber
Your bartender

You're right...it goes beyond just serving the 'good' regulars first...pours are a little longer, sometimes a draft beer might not end up on your tab, all kinds of little ways I used to reward good customers.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #122
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I hear ya...but I was talking about ordered drinks at your table. Say you buy a bottle of wine to drink at dinner. It costs $30 (can get the same bottle for $8 at the grocery store). Hard to justify tipping the waitress an extra $6 for that wine. I always tip 20%+ for food because he/she is going to make several trips in serving it, checking on my meal, etc. But not for booze.

But if I'm drinking at a bar, I tip more since that's all the bartender is serving me.
Well, it all goes back to what was mentioned earlier- MOST restaurants automatically deduct a tip-out from each server based on their sales, not on their tips. So, when their sales get racked up by people ordering expensive stuff, the tip out increases to a number of other people; bussers, expediters, hostesses, etc.

So, you're kinda screwing them over.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #123
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC85 View Post
If the bartender has this kind of attitude I tip horrible.
I'd never let on with my attitude, I'm just being honest about how bartenders think...even if you never notice it on their face or in their conversation with you.

The only way you'd notice is if you saw others who knew how to tip properly getting their drinks before you every time, or if you somehow noticed what a long pour looked like.

In which case...maybe you should take a hint, or take your business elsewhere.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #124
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
I'd never let on with my attitude, I'm just being honest about how bartenders think...even if you never notice it on their face or in their conversation with you.

The only way you'd notice is if you saw others who knew how to tip properly getting their drinks before you every time, or if you somehow noticed what a long pour looked like.

In which case...maybe you should take a hint, or take your business elsewhere.
I'm pretty good at noticing what they do and I do take my business else where and let them know I was dissatisfied with their service without a tip. It's usually the guy or girl that thinks they are hot shit.
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #125
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
I'm pretty good at noticing what they do and I do take my business else where and let them know I was dissatisfied with their service without a tip. It's usually the guy or girl that thinks they are hot shit.

haha every damn bartender I've ever come across, working or on the other side of the bar, does this exact same thing.

you dont tip for sh*t, and you dont get the best service.

you think taking your service elsewhere is going to hurt their feelings? I guarantee they're glad to see you go, if you don't know how to tip.

you think you have the 'power' at the bar, but you dont...its the bartenders' bar. the only thing that has 'power' at the bar is the almighty dollar. other people seem to get it...but you do not, apparently.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #126
KC85
Banned

Male

KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

Quote:
haha every damn bartender I've ever come across, working or on the other side of the bar, does this exact same thing.

you dont tip for sh*t, and you dont get the best service.

you think taking your service elsewhere is going to hurt their feelings? I guarantee they're glad to see you go, if you don't know how to tip.

you think you have the 'power' at the bar, but you dont...its the bartenders' bar. the only thing that has 'power' at the bar is the almighty dollar. other people seem to get it...but you do not, apparently.

I'm sure they do and know they do. It's your choice what you do behind the bar but you still want my money, I would hope so or you're a terrible bartender. I most certainly do get it cause I'm usually taken care of before someone else because they know they will be reimbursed at the end of the night, unlike the asshole who is to cool to get that guy at the end of the bar a drink and a shot. Usually the bartenders like me even if we just met, guy or girl, but not always. Like I said before its usually the guy with the attitude you described earlier.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #127
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
I'm sure they do and know they do. It's your choice what you do behind the bar but you still want my money, I would hope so or you're a terrible bartender. I most certainly do get it cause I'm usually taken care of before someone else because they know they will be reimbursed at the end of the night, unlike the asshole who is to cool to get that guy at the end of the bar a drink and a shot. Usually the bartenders like me even if we just met, guy or girl, but not always. Like I said before its usually the guy with the attitude you described earlier.
I've always explained for you that I operated the same way other bartenders did/do...I chose to avoid those only who didnt know how to tip.

If you're one who claims to tip properly, then WTF are you even rambling about?

I never once described any attitude, I only described when bartenders choose to serve certain customers. You keep coming back to the attitude thing. What you're missing is the first time someone came to my bar, I treated them like everyone else. If they were a shitty tipper, then I remembered a face. Next time, they're waiting. That's not attitude...its PRIORITIZING.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #128
KC85
Banned

Male

Quote:
I've always explained for you that I operated the same way other bartenders did/do...I chose to avoid those only who didnt know how to tip.

If you're one who claims to tip properly, then WTF are you even rambling about?

I never once described any attitude, I only described when bartenders choose to serve certain customers. You keep coming back to the attitude thing. What you're missing is the first time someone came to my bar, I treated them like everyone else. If they were a shitty tipper, then I remembered a face. Next time, they're waiting. That's not attitude...its PRIORITIZING.
Are you a bartender?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #129
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
Are you a bartender?
Was
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #130
KC85
Banned

Male

Quote:
Was
And you thought I was talking about you?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #131
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
And you thought I was talking about you?
I was under the impression that when a person responds to a post, referencing exactly what the post was about, that it was, in fact- a response to the post.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #132
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
Well, the good thing about being a bartender- you usually have the freedom to choose who gets drinks when.

If beers are 3 dollars, and they're paying cash...yes, I expect at least .50 per drink.
If they're buying $1 beers, then I still expect .50 per beer...even though I never worked at a bar that had $1 beers.

If they're drinking high dollar drinks, I expect a better tip. Don't act like you've got money, only to skimp on the tip.

And if someone was a cheapskate on the tip, well...they just waited a little longer to get their next round. If they don't like it, they can frequent another bar and piss off that bartender.

Tending bar was MUCH better than waiting tables, mainly due to that freedom.
Quote:
If the bartender has this kind of attitude I tip horrible.
Yep...looks like you were responding to me.

Just had to make sure I didnt imagine it.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #133
KC85
Banned

Male

Quote:
I was under the impression that when a person responds to a post, referencing exactly what the post was about, that it was, in fact- a response to the post.
Well I was speaking to you but you were not the topic. It was asshole bartenders and them not getting a tip who I was talking about.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #134
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

At bars,I always overtip so I get waited on quicker....some people hate tipping but it is AMAZING what a little gratuity will get you in the end! I like being able to walk up to our local bar and be waited on immediately
ShutTheSuccop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #135
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
Well I was speaking to you but you were not the topic. It was asshole bartenders and them not getting a tip who I was talking about.
I was describing how bartenders treat customers who don't know how to tip, and you quoted that description, stating you don't tip bartenders who have that attitude.

Yours is a circular argument. You reference an "attitude" that is only a reaction to someone who does not know how to tip as your reason for not tipping. Problem is- you wouldn't see that "attitude" if you truly did know how to tip.

Now, if ou were just randomly quoting my post and making some half-cocked comment about bartenders with bad attitudes that had nothin to do with my post, then there was no way I could have known that.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #136
KC85
Banned

Male

Quote:
I was describing how bartenders treat customers who don't know how to tip, and you quoted that description, stating you don't tip bartenders who have that attitude.

Yours is a circular argument. You reference an "attitude" that is only a reaction to someone who does not know how to tip as your reason for not tipping. Problem is- you wouldn't see that "attitude" if you truly did know how to tip.

Now, if ou were just randomly quoting my post and making some half-cocked comment about bartenders with bad attitudes that had nothin to do with my post, then there was no way I could have known that.

Honestly I think you're confused. You can either tip by drink or at the end of the night I usually do it at the end of the night and I think your speaking as tip by drink, again that's the way it sounded on your part. And if I'm at a new bar that I've found or one I'm not familiar with, I usually give them my card. so their attitude/services will either get them $1 a drink and more possibly or none at all if they have that attitude you described. I hope you understand. I'm not arguing just stating what I do in that situation, also I have been treated badly by a bartender before several times and they get a reasonable it. If you took offence, ill not apologize.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #137
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
Honestly I think you're confused. You can either tip by drink or at the end of the night I usually do it at the end of the night and I think your speaking as tip by drink, again that's the way it sounded on your part. And if I'm at a new bar that I've found or one I'm not familiar with, I usually give them my card. so their attitude/services will either get them $1 a drink and more possibly or none at all if they have that attitude you described. I hope you understand. I'm not arguing just stating what I do in that situation, also I have been treated badly by a bartender before several times and they get a reasonable it. If you took offence, ill not apologize.
Again, your argument is circular.

In my description, a bartender only displays "that attitude" after that initial bad tip. This is regardless of whether you tip by the drink, or at the end of the night.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #138
KC85
Banned

Male

Quote:
Again, your argument is circular.

In my description, a bartender only displays "that attitude" after that initial bad tip. This is regardless of whether you tip by the drink, or at the end of the night.
It's not an argument. Understand that.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #139
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
It's not an argument.
In the philosophical, logical sense- yes it is.

That's what I mean when I say your logic is circular.

You claim you dont tip well when you see "that attitude."
Problem is- "that attitude" is only displayed when you tip poorly.

See? Circular logic.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #140
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

My bartender and I have a very accomodating relationship.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote