CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Gamecocks1137
b381l
FanofCarolina1
JerseyBird
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
TheUniversityofSC
2014 Charleston Clas (5865)
Could Pharoh Run the (1099)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (1051)
Huge recruiting week (924)
Big George Statue (657)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (631)
TV?? (535)
No Shave November (425)
Fly_over tomorrow? (405)
Scholarship Lounge B (347)
Awful Shooting Continues
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
USC/South Alabama 11/22/2
CockyTalk Football Pickem
Big George Statue
2014 Charleston Classic *
Fly_over tomorrow?
TV??
River Bluff High School.
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING

Old 02-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #21
usc52
Workaholic

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to usc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17
Honestly man. If you want a game that truly plays the best game of football ever made. Which is a fact. Go buy All Pro Football 2k8. I've been playing it since it game out. And till this day I still see things I've never seen before. Honestly it's not a game. It's a football simulation.
Had to know it wouldn't be long before you came in here pimping the 2k football games again. Yawn

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
usc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #22
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: New to madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc52 View Post
Had to know it wouldn't be long before you came in here pimping the 2k football games again. Yawn

Well they are the best ever made. It's simple. If you want to play a realstic simulation of the sport you play 2k. If you want to play arcade you play madden and NCAA. OR. If you want to play a NCAA or nfl game with updated uniforms. Players. And stadiums. Then you play EA. because they got rid of their competition.

But if you love the sport and want a football game that actually plays true football you play 2k.

It's pretty cheap now. Try it for yourself.

Actually all you need to do is look how much better nba 2k is then madden and NCAA. It's sad because they could be great.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #23
usc52
Workaholic

Male

usc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talonsusc52 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc52

Well they are the best ever made. It's simple. If you want to play a realstic simulation of the sport you play 2k. If you want to play arcade you play madden and NCAA. OR. If you want to play a NCAA or nfl game with updated uniforms. Players. And stadiums. Then you play EA. because they got rid of their competition.

But if you love the sport and want a football game that actually plays true football you play 2k.

It's pretty cheap now. Try it for yourself.

Actually all you need to do is look how much better nba 2k is then madden and NCAA. It's sad because they could be great.
I'm perfectly fine with NCAA as I stated before. I dont want to play a game from years ago. Obviously there is a reason they dont make them anymore???

Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 AM   #24
uscJustin06
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervous

Madden 11/12/13 owns all pro football 2k8. You might as well have told me to go dust off my NES. All pro football doesn't even have a franchise mode. What longevity is there with that game
uscJustin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #25
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc52 View Post
I'm perfectly fine with NCAA as I stated before. I dont want to play a game from years ago. Obviously there is a reason they dont make them anymore???

That's perfectly fine my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscJustin06 View Post
Madden 11/12/13 owns all pro football 2k8. You might as well have told me to go dust off my NES. All pro football doesn't even have a franchise mode. What longevity is there with that game
in gameplay it doesn't. And that's a fact. And the reason that's a fact and not an opinion is because you can play all pro and madden and see which one simulates the sport better. In all pro players play their position exactly as they do in real life. With correct technique. In madden it's just a mess.

Have you ever felt cheated when you lose a game in madden or NCAA? Well there have been many many times when I have lost close games in all pro and been happy because the CPU ai beat me because they played better football.

And yes the no franchise sucks hard. But the gameplay makes up for it.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #26
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Saying NCAA is better than Madden is like saying a Kia is better than a Ferrari.

I used to say the same thing, because I didn't really give Madden a fair chance. You have to spend a week or longer playing Madden and adjusting to the gameplay...

but once you do... go back and play NCAA and you will realize that it is just an inferior/cheaply made video game from top to bottom.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #27
usc52
Workaholic

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid
Saying NCAA is better than Madden is like saying a Kia is better than a Ferrari.

I used to say the same thing, because I didn't really give Madden a fair chance. You have to spend a week or longer playing Madden and adjusting to the gameplay...

but once you do... go back and play NCAA and you will realize that it is just an inferior/cheaply made video game from top to bottom.
Ive played Madden plenty and still prefer NCAA. Don't force your opinion on anyone else.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #28
uscJustin06
4-Star

Male

uscJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervous

Don't let your biased love of college football make NCAA 13 seem better then madden. The fact is: Electronic Arts cares wayyyy more about madden then NCAA and the time, effort, and money is put into MAdden over NCAA only because madden sales more copies.

I play NCAA ten times more then I play madden each year, but i'm not going to sit here and say it's because the game is better then madden when it clearly isn't true. Look at the physics engine that madden 13 runs on this year. Did NCAA 13 get this upgrade? NO! because ncaa always gets upgraded 1 year later. It's a rehash of the former year's madden, but I still love it and play it more because the gamecocks are my life and I'd rather play a college football game over NFL.
uscJustin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #29
usc52
Workaholic

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscJustin06
Don't let your biased love of college football make NCAA 13 seem better then madden. The fact is: Electronic Arts cares wayyyy more about madden then NCAA and the time, effort, and money is put into MAdden over NCAA only because madden sales more copies.

I play NCAA ten times more then I play madden each year, but i'm not going to sit here and say it's because the game is better then madden when it clearly isn't true. Look at the physics engine that madden 13 runs on this year. Did NCAA 13 get this upgrade? NO! because ncaa always gets upgraded 1 year later. It's a rehash of the former year's madden, but I still love it and play it more because the gamecocks are my life and I'd rather play a college football game over NFL.
I was just giving you a hard time bro. I never said NCAA was better than Madden but I've never really been a big Madden fan. Always preferred the NCAA games.