CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
bcolinc
The Yancey
Latti
Travelin
B-G
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
2014 Subway Classic: (1414)
Cleveland Browns Hea (1019)
Former Gamecock root (816)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Props to Eric Hyman. (637)
Four USC Basketball (552)
Franks boy's are pla (512)
Bowl packages (319)
5 apps to turn your (306)
My early Monday dinn (266)
So, why is next year goin
Kentucky is dominating UC
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu
Question for those who ha
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Franks boy's are playing
2015 Commitment - Quandes
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #321
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Skai Moore Thread (2013 Prospect)

Possible strong safety in the future?...thoughts? I feel like he's going to be a multi role guy for whomever gets him. Small hips, long arms and he did return two picks for td's.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #322
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

100% LB all the way. He will be 235-240lbs before you know it.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #323
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Yeah, I don't know if he has the speed for Spur. He has the frame for a lot more weight, and good fundamentals and instincts.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #324
jayceecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
I haven't commented much on the whole Rolin thing because I was pretty disappointed with what transpired. I have to admit that I was really impressed with Rolin's video and there was no way I could "downgrade" what I saw on film when he decided to go to Florida. The kid looked like a stud on his highlight tape to me.

But I just went back and watched both Moore's and Rolin's video back to back. A couple of things stood out to me.

1. I was just as impressed with Moore. This kid is a player.
2. Rolin's coach/scheme had him blitzing a ton more than Skai Moore was allowed to do for his team. Rolin was at the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped on almost every play on his highlight tape. When you are talking about high school level offensive lines, a good linebacker is going to have an impressive highlight reel if he is blitzing all the time. It looks like Skai Moore played a lot more in coverage (based on highlight tape).
3. But when Skai was allowed to blitz, he looked just as explosive as Rolin.

HUGE difference in competition.

You are right about Rolin's tape. All he did was shoot gaps against some undersized OL in a very weak region. It was like watching a local rec league
team with the one good player that could dominate. It was like he was freelancing without having to worry about responsibility because the teams they played were so weak. Same thing made Lateek look so good on tape. Now he can't adjust to playing team ball and is transferring out.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #325
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Is there room for two more recruits, or is Skai the limit?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #326
jayceecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

I saw University when they played Goose Creek in 2011.

Skai played Striker, did a great job squeezing down and maintaining discipline against GC's triple option. Good technique, decent speed to the edge, and well coached.

I believe he can easily play at 230.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #327
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Good to hear
Old 02-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #328
JoeCock
4-Star

CockyCash: 500
JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Is there room for two more recruits, or is Skai the limit?

I got it. "... is Skai the limit."
Old 02-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #329
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Yeah, I don't know if he has the speed for Spur. He has the frame for a lot more weight, and good fundamentals and instincts.
I think I read somewhere he runs slightly under 4.6.....not too shabby.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #330
b381l
Banned

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post

You are right about Rolin's tape. All he did was shoot gaps against some undersized OL in a very weak region. It was like watching a local rec league
team with the one good player that could dominate. It was like he was freelancing without having to worry about responsibility because the teams they played were so weak. Same thing made Lateek look so good on tape. Now he can't adjust to playing team ball and is transferring out.
One more thing about Rolin's high school. Because they have won the state championship convincingly in their division for 2 years in a row, they are being moved up to play against the highest level in 2013....so now we'll be able to better judge what kind of talent they really have. And again, I trust Botkin's assessment.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:03 AM   #331
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Quote:

Evidently our coaches assessment must have been flawed if Rolin is hairy similar to what you described and or turns out to be another Lateek. I'd pray that you are right and that Rolin and his Gator lose all the of games they will play against us.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 AM   #332
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:

It's weird now that's no longer committed to us he played weak competition, and is just bigger than everybody else. but when he was committed to us, he had great instincts and speed.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #333
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Yeah, don't sell Rolin short, he's a great linebacker. If we can replace him with Moore however, we've equaled his loss.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #334
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Yeah, don't sell Rolin short, he's a great linebacker. If we can replace him with Moore however, we've equaled his loss.
Botkin didn't think he was suited to play LB and wanted him to pay TE. The coaches were only going to try him at LB to see how things went because he was a legacy.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #335
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
It's weird now that's no longer committed to us he played weak competition, and is just bigger than everybody else. but when he was committed to us, he had great instincts and speed.
I've posted a number of times on Rolin's thread well before his decommitment about his competition level.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #336
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think Skai is a significant upgrade from Rolin.
Very different. Moore certainly looks good in coverage & hits like a hammer. He has very good speed, excellent instincts, & gets off blocks nicely. He is close to 220 now & has the frame to easily carry an additional 20-30 pounds....pretty much what we want in a backer.

Rolin is tall.....really tall. He will either become a huge 3-4 OLB or a TE. Wish the kid nothing but the best.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #337
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think I read somewhere he runs slightly under 4.6.....not too shabby.
He must be one of those guys with deceptive speed then. He kind of glides around back there. Espn has him listed at 4.69 40 time though, and that was at 195 lbs.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #338
Ph/JDCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 700
Ph/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
He must be one of those guys with deceptive speed then. He kind of glides around back there. Espn has him listed at 4.69 40 time though, and that was at 195 lbs.
Context is kind of important here. I am assuming that these numbers are from the UnderArmour combine. They show a listing of "Top 50" performances among all positions (Moore isn't in it, but I don't see their methodology for choosing this... it may be because he didn't participate in one of the drills). Here's how Moore compared to the top 50:

10-yd. dash: 1.40s (tied for best overall time; only two LB in top 10, and closest to him was 1.51s)

20-yd dash: 2.60s (tied for third best time overall; only one LB in top to at 2.65s)

40-yd. dash: 4.69s (16th best time overall; no other LB in top 25, and closest was 4.78)

L-cone: 7.40s (30th best time overall; 2nd best LB, with best at 7.31s)

5-10-5 cone: DNP

So, of the four speed/agility drills in which he participated (I didn't cite the 300 yd. shuttle, which doesn't seem really apply to football speed), he was the fastest listed LB in three of those categories and one of the fastest regardless of position in two. Many of these guys with gaudy hand-timed 40s slow down considerably when they're electronically timed, which I assume UnderArmour employs.

EDIT: When I first posted this, I didn't see the link for comparing against all participants. For the same categories, below are his comparisons against all performers and not just the top 50. First number is overall ranking among the 135 participants, second is ranking among the 13 LBs who participated.

10yd dash: 1 / 1
20yd dash: T7 / 1
40yd dash: T11 / 1
L-cone: 48 / 5

Last edited by Ph/JDCock; 02-05-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #339
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

I'm not saying he is slow. 4.69 is good it's just the reason he is a 3 star and not a 4 in opinion. Top LBs are often into the 4.5's
Old 02-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #340
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

He claims to have run a 4.49. If he is anywhere close to it, he can flat move.