CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
gamecockphan
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
CoverTwo
l^l^lBGCock
b381l
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4058)
USC/clemson spread (1758)
In case no one saw.. (1413)
Bowl projections (1135)
Odell Becham Catch (697)
Why has there been 4 (675)
A little late to the (670)
Tiger Burn (508)
2010 Clemson-Carolin (363)
Texas A&M Defens (359)
Texans getting frustrated
Why has there been 40 yea
Odell Becham Catch
No excuse for the D this
Bowl projections
Charlotte Hornet Basketba
The Defense
Props to Volleyball!
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Spurrier Dabo Meme

Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #141
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material
Default Re: Waitress fired after posting pastor's no tip receipt online

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I hear ya...but I was talking about ordered drinks at your table. Say you buy a bottle of wine to drink at dinner. It costs $30 (can get the same bottle for $8 at the grocery store). Hard to justify tipping the waitress an extra $6 for that wine. I always tip 20%+ for food because he/she is going to make several trips in serving it, checking on my meal, etc. But not for booze.

But if I'm drinking at a bar, I tip more since that's all the bartender is serving me.
Not sure what the laws are like where you live, but where I live you can bring your own bottle of wine into some restaurants, you just have to pay an uncorking fee which usually runs $15-$20. For a cheap bottle of wine that wouldn't help but if you bring a bottle that's $35 retail and they're selling it for $65 at the restaurant, you just saved yourself $10+.
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #142
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
Not sure what the laws are like where you live, but where I live you can bring your own bottle of wine into some restaurants, you just have to pay an uncorking fee which usually runs $15-$20. For a cheap bottle of wine that wouldn't help but if you bring a bottle that's $35 retail and they're selling it for $65 at the restaurant, you just saved yourself $10+.
Lush.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #143
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
That is actually pretty common

But the corking fee still goes down in the server's sales for the shift.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #144
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

I always tipped my bartenders good. But I use to hate going to bars where all the bartenders friends hung out while he/she was working. Most of the time in that situation, you get poor service no matter the tip. That makes them a poor bartender IMO.

By the way, that was a very rare occasion in the Vista but when I was in school it was pretty common in 5 points.

Nothing wrong with the bartender being friends with the people or even serving his friends, but they have to realize that they have a job to do. I think bartenders learn this over time.
cockinraleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #145
KC85
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
In the philosophical, logical sense- yes it is.

That's what I mean when I say your logic is circular.

You claim you dont tip well when you see "that attitude."
Problem is- "that attitude" is only displayed when you tip poorly.

See? Circular logic.
See this is what you don't get. Try to understand that first and then come back and talk to me.
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #146
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC85 View Post
See this is what you don't get. Try to understand that first and then come back and talk to me.
I think someone just has a hard time getting drinks at a crowded bar.
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #147
Mr. Burns
No Soul

Male

CockyCash: 447110
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material

I tip very well when I stumble in the next morning to close out my tab and get my card back.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #148
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC85 View Post
Its quite obvious that I just took your direct words and applied them to the post you responded to.

If my interpretation of your post is incorrect- then tell me how it is incorrect.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #149
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

CockyCash: 36110
GamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot material

I heard the pastor on the radio this morning talking about the issue. She sounded like a non-educated fraud. It was terrible trying to decipher what she was trying to say.
GamecockSHEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #150
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSHEP View Post
I heard the pastor on the radio this morning talking about the issue. She sounded like a non-educated fraud. It was terrible trying to decipher what she was trying to say.
did she say "ya know what I'm saying" multiple times
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #151
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSHEP View Post
i bet she claims to be one but didn't go to school for it

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #152
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

CockyCash: 36110
GamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot material

I don't remember any specific statement off the top of my head, but it was very ghetto sounding and very dumbed down. I will look on YouTube and see if I can find it again.
GamecockSHEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #153
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Two days ago, I spoke to a lawyer concerning this topic. She was familiar with the article. Her professional opinion on whether tipping is a legal issue or not: she actually stated that she could argue both sides of the issue without a problem and said that she believed that cops would probably not arrest someone for skipping out on a gratuity.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #154
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Two days ago, I spoke to a lawyer concerning this topic. She was familiar with the article. Her professional opinion on whether tipping is a legal issue or not: she actually stated that she could argue both sides of the issue without a problem and said that she believed that cops would probably not arrest someone for skipping out on a gratuity.
If it is called a gratuity on the menu even if it says mandatory i could see arguing against it because the definition of gratuity is something given that is not obligated. If the menu were to say service charge for parties of 8 or more i would see it being mandatory
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote