CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Tolley
WeStillOwnUSC
GamecockGuardsman
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
kingofnerf
TN game weather (1286)
Who is your favorite (995)
Aliens Are Real (497)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (448)
FSU vs. Louisville (341)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (293)
Need a ride tomorrow (218)
Brady Hoke Motivatio (192)
Talking Animals (164)
Cavs vs. Bulls (137)
4th down territory
Interesting quotes from D
UT Vols failed to report
Uniforms for Tenn
Who is your favorite play
Have you ever been so wro
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
TN game weather
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Cavs vs. Bulls

Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default **USC vs. Kentucky GAME Thread**

South Carolina travels to Rupp Arena on Tuesday to face former SEC East rival Kentucky in a 9 p.m. ET contest set to be televised on ESPNU with Dave Neal (play-by-play) and Dino Gaudio (analyst) on the call. The meeting marks the 57th all-time between the two schools, with the Gamecocks looking for their first victory over the Wildcats since the 2010 campaign. Fans can also listen on the Gamecock IMG Sports Network via GamecocksOnline.com and on 107.5 The Game in Columbia with Andy Demetra (play-by-play) and Casey Manning (analyst).

OPENING TIP
Date: Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013
Tipoff: 9 p.m. ET
Arena: Rupp Arena (23,500)
Series: Kentucky leads 46-10
Last Meeting: Kentucky win, 86-52, on Feb. 4, 2012, in Columbia, S.C.
Television: ESPNU
Talent: Dave Neal (pxp), Dino Gaudio (analyst)
Radio: Gamecock IMG Radio Network
Sirius: None; XM: None
Talent: Andy Demetra (pxp), Casey Manning (analyst)

Scouting Kentucky
The Wildcats enter Tuesday's contest with a 15-6 overall record, including a 6-2 mark in SEC games. UK most recently earned a thrilling 72-68 overtime win at Texas A&M on Saturday night. Freshmen forward Nerlens Noel tallied a season high 19 points, while Julius Mays also added 19, to lead Kentucky in the win. Five Wildcats average double-figure points entering Tuesday's contest, with freshmen guard Archie Goodwin leading the pack with 14.8 points per outing, and 13.0 in league play. Sophomore forward Kyle Wiltjer ranks third in the SEC (overall games) in 3-point field goal percentage, hitting 40.9 of his attempts this season, while Noel paces the league with 4.6 blocks per contest, which leads the nation. The Wildcats own a 9-4 non-conference record this season, with losses against Duke, Notre Dame, Baylor and Louisville. UK's losses in league play have come against Texas A&M and at Alabama. The squad is led by head coach John Calipari in his fourth season.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...020413aab.html
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Kentucky GAME Thread**

Lets play hard tonight.............Go Cocks !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Former East rival? WTH does that mean?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
Former East rival? WTH does that mean?
SEC basketball no longer has East/West. It is just conference as a whole.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
CrzyCock21
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
CrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spurs

Does anyone think that a road win tonight could be a turning point for us. I know its not as likely with how we've been playing lately, but Kentucky has also seen some struggles.

Lets just say we pull one off tonight. Would that be considered a turning point for this years team?
CrzyCock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
SEC basketball no longer has East/West. It is just conference as a whole.
Thanks dude....I forgot about that. It still could have been left unsaid. Its still a rival no matter what. I get it....but I don' t get it.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
jared
Starter

Male

jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyCock21 View Post
Does anyone think that a road win tonight could be a turning point for us. I know its not as likely with how we've been playing lately, but Kentucky has also seen some struggles.

Lets just say we pull one off tonight. Would that be considered a turning point for this years team?
It depends on how the rest of the season goes. We can't win tonight, then go and lose 3 straight and call it a turning point.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
jared
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
Thanks dude....I forgot about that. It still could have been left unsaid. Its still a rival no matter what. I get it....but I don' t get it.
haha I see what you're saying. Their a rival still, just not an EAST rival haha.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

I doubt we will have to worry about this turning the season around. We have not played well against good teams with the exception of Missou. This year I am going to use the technique of mentally moving on to next year and treating this year as a preseason to next year.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
CrzyCock21
Walk On

Male

CrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spursCrzyCock21 has earned his spurs

Quote:
It depends on how the rest of the season goes. We can't win tonight, then go and lose 3 straight and call it a turning point.
Great point, didn't think about it that way. still early this morning. I just feel like a road win against a big name team can be a good thing mentally for the young guys. Even if we don't rattle off 2 or 3 wins it could help in the long term development. Heres to hoping!!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #11
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

This could turn ugly tonight... I just hope we put forth a better shooting performance than the past 2 games.
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Put the last 2 games behind us. Come out, play our best game over the year and battle. Frank has put the last 2 behind him, I think they'll play a lot better than what we saw the last 2 games.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #13
CrzyCock21
Walk On

Male

I like your attitude Eaglegolf018. I just hope you are right. It seems when we get down its a lack of urgency on the players. Coach can only be so intense but the players have to fire back with urgency, have a sense of purpose and drive.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

If we can't beat UGA at home how are we even gonna keep it close at rupp

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #15
jared
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
If we can't beat UGA at home how are we even gonna keep it close at rupp
I know right we might as well just pack up the season huh??
Old 02-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #16
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
I know right we might as well just pack up the season huh??
Look I want us to win but going on the road at Kentucky is tough for any team

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #17
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

I love how people can't state their opinions on CockyTalk without getting berated. We aren't all sunshine pumpers but we do all want to see the Gamecocks win.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material

I could understand negative talk about this basketball team if Darrin Horn was still coaching...but this is Frank Martin...he'll put a team together that will be great...we all have got to have patience.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

SOOOOO...right now, I will continue to support this team because I am a Gamecock fan.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #20
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

We need our 3 point shooting dead-on tonight! And rebounding must be perfect along with boxing out! I don't want fresh prince of bel-air for Kentucky blocking our shots n getting boards.
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote