CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
BigRedCock
ChickenButt
kingofnerf
rrsandersjr
militarymind17
roosterdude21
JaxcockFL
Gamecocks1137
Freshman ND WR " (545)
Call of Duty: Advanc (468)
Good Riddance to bad (312)
Keeping tailgate foo (262)
Vote For Cocky (244)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (190)
An A to Z of Noah We (151)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (58)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (56)
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA (55)
NFL: BILLS @ JETS Sun 10/
So Disappointed With The
NFL: DOLPHINS @ JAGUARS S
NFL: TEXANS @ TITANS Sun
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
NFL: RAVENS @ BENGALS Sun
NFL: EAGLES @ CARDINALS S
NFL: COLTS @ STEELERS Sun
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
NFL: RAIDERS @ BROWNS Sun

Old 02-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #81
CockRugger
Hardest Cock Around

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPit
Default Re: Tanner McEvoy

I can't wait to see what he can do. I always felt like he would be a fun guy to watch and have a shot as an NFL prospect. If he goes and lights it up, it just makes me feel that much better about the guys we have that we put ahead of him.
CockRugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #82
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
You clicked on a thread titled "Tanner McEvoy"... so I'd say you.
This guy! LOL cute 800 posts
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #83
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Wisconsin's really loving those transfer QBs
Old 02-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #84
acockyhose
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
acockyhose has feathers coming inacockyhose has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Wisconsin's really loving those transfer QBs
They also just got a new head coach and tanner matches the system he has.
acockyhose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #85
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

CockyCash: 200
WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
What is this a measuring contest? lol.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #86
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
Seriously, y'all gotta stop with that BS assumption, he got arrested once for drinking, he was under the legal limit, and so not drunk, but driving with a meager amount of alcohol in his system, he is a college student, evidence of drinking a beer in the off season doesn't make him Garcia. This is like Clemson fans saying Swearinger is a thug because he plays the game right and doesn't do it for Clempson, it isn't fair, and it is not alright.
Its not an assumption, and its not based on his arrest.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #87
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
You are a very intelligent person.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #88
cockysousa
Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
cockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudlycockysousa is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I don't know. We only have a small sample size.

Connor is 16-3 as a starter and when he is healthy, he is one of the better dual threat QBs in the country.

Dylan has made the most improvement from day 1 of any Spurrier QB at USC.
Dylan has his head on straight. He'll be a champ at whatever he does. (Not a dig at any other QBs, just a compliment to Dylan.)
Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #89
CockyBoiler
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 105882
CockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talonsCockyBoiler has developed his gaff and talons

Amazing that he could end up being their starter
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...s/post?id=4312
Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #90
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyBoiler View Post
Amazing that he could end up being their starter
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...s/post?id=4312
He has a ton of talent. More amazing that perhaps we couldn't assess his talent properly.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #91
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
He has a ton of talent. More amazing that perhaps we couldn't assess his talent properly.
I think G.A. assessed him correctly...he just needed some time to develop....if he had stayed, he'd be competing with 4 other QBs. He did the right thing and we'll likely not miss him considering what we have on the roster.
Wish him the best.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #92
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
I think G.A. assessed him correctly...he just needed some time to develop....if he had stayed, he'd be competing with 4 other QBs. He did the right thing and we'll likely not miss him considering what we have on the roster.
Wish him the best.
When reporters asked McEvoy at the end of last year's spring game whether or not he would consider switching to WR, he laughed and said, "SC brought me here to be the quarterback, and that's what I'm going to be."

Contrast that with Shaw's statements at this year's spring game. He was asked the same question, and he said he'd love it. This is from a guy who's already the starter.

I think our coaching staff assessed McEvoy very accurately. Team players make the best teams.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #93
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
When reporters asked McEvoy at the end of last year's spring game whether or not he would consider switching to WR, he laughed and said, "SC brought me here to be the quarterback, and that's what I'm going to be."

Contrast that with Shaw's statements at this year's spring game. He was asked the same question, and he said he'd love it. This is from a guy who's already the starter.

I think our coaching staff assessed McEvoy very accurately. Team players make the best teams.
Well, Connor is a great team player...but he was asked about lining up at WR on occasion...not switching positions entirely. That's a very different scenario. (I'm sure he'd still accept that, but he wouldn't "love" it.) I do think he likes the idea of playing WR occasionally--and it will give NFL scouts a taste of what he can do. Connor will eventually become a slot receiver in the NFL (mark my words). He has the tools, and he will be driven to make it at the next level.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #94
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think our coaching staff assessed McEvoy very accurately.
And that's why G.A. put on the full court to get him.
We wanted him bad...no one knew the future...didn't know Dylan Thompson was going to emerge or Brendan Nosovitch or Connor Mitch were coming. He could have been the future here and he could have played WR one year then switched if needed...but he didn't want that...there is no disrepect in sticking to his guns and we didn't recruit him as a WR.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #95
TheMetal
Banned

Male

TheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPitTheMetal rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
He had very poor mechanics when he came in. He was always going to be a project that would take time to develop. He didn't have the patience to wait, and saw the competition he'd be facing as well.
TheMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #96
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:

2 totally different questions. They asked McEvoy if he would consider switching to WR full time. They asked Shaw if he wouldn't mind running 2 QB sets with Thompspn where he would become a WR for a play or two each game. Totally different questions. McEvoy was every bit as much of a team player that Shaw was/is. McEvoy left because he felt Carolina treated him unfairly after the drinking incident.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #97
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetal View Post
He had very poor mechanics when he came in. He was always going to be a project that would take time to develop. He didn't have the patience to wait, and saw the competition he'd be facing as well.
You mean like the poor mechanics of Rivers or Marino.

So he goes and plays at a Junior college and leads the nation in passing. Now he's at Wisconsin with a very good chance to start at QB. Not exactly a project to me.

He had plenty of patience to wait. Didn't like the way he was treated after the drinking issue. He had more natural talent that either Shaw or Thompson and a bigger arm than either. He did need another year to learn the system. We'll never know how it would have turned out.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #98
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

I hope he does well. Just not too well, so we dont ever have to wonder "what if". lol

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote