CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
sanford
El Cid Ranger
b381l
cocksmith1or11
Order 66
Backup QB competitio (2642)
2014 Preseason USA T (1267)
Ranking the SEC Fema (780)
Anyone heard anythin (721)
Future Non-Conferenc (628)
Spurrier on the cove (411)
What Would You Do? (393)
Ranking the SEC scho (304)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (225)
Ranking the SEC Fema (222)
Hello Gamecocks!
Anyone heard anything abo
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
Musburger/Palmer to comme
An Aggies View of the Mat
Backup QB competition
2015 - Albert Huggins
Dustin Johnson taking a l
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Cheap jersey and very nic

Old 02-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #21
GamecockinBoulder
Recruit

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 2nd place in 2007 Bowl Pickem 
CockyCash: 500
GamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spurs
Default Re: If you could change one play from the 2012 season, what would it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyinSville View Post
The first play of the Florida game. That set the tone for the rest of the game. We win that one, we won the east.
This is the play I was thinking about as well
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #22
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb
Default Re: If you could change one play from the 2012 season, what would it be?

Quote:
The first play of the Florida game. That set the tone for the rest of the game. We win that one, we won the east.
Agreed!
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #23
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
Shaw INT against LSU in the 4th quarter.
We were driving to score and win. That throw ended it. That loss seemed to sour the next game against Florida. It was like a hangover.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #24
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

Shaw over throw INT at LSU
Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #25
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Connor's int at LSU. And Connor's first play fumble at UF. Still haven't got over that. I mean first play. Really?

If I could change one thing (not play) it would be lattimore. For sure. If I could change one more thing it would be that Dylan started form game one. I honestly think we would have had a better chance to win out. As fast as he learns.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #26
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Michigan hit , Wish Clowney took it to the house.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #27
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I would have moved the UGA game to it's "normal" spot in the schedule. UGA, LSU and UF was just too tough in one stretch...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #28
Ph/JDCock
Recruit

Male

Ph/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudlyPh/JDCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
Shaw not getting sacked at the end of the first half vs LSU. It took us out of FG range.
This, if we're not talking about the non-football results of a play (Latt's injury otherwise).
Ph/JDCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #29
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Actually I change instead of Dylan starting I wish Connor would have never got hurt. I feel with either way we would have gone all the way
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #30
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

We were still in it when Connor threw that late INT at LSU. What's even worse was he had a guy open and just overshot him.. Sucks. Other than that I'd like to have a few of those fumbles back at Florida but that was just a terrible day all around.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #31
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I would have moved the UGA game to it's "normal" spot in the schedule. UGA, LSU and UF was just too tough in one stretch...
I don't think that was left up to us, but your right. That is a brutal stretch. I knew we'd lose atleast one of those three. Just winning 2 of those 3 would have been huge.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #32
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Just want to contribute to the actual conversation at hand. How about changing the onside kick at LSU? I mean sure we would've loved to have been winning already, but the defense ended up holding LSU to a 3 and out, but because of where we were on the field, Ace never even got a chance to return the punt. Sure, they could've simply kicked away from him anyway, but our starting field position would have still been much better for the final possession than it ended up being. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #33
ICEHOCEY77
4-Star

Male

ICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spurs

Quote:
this.

Lost the momentum and never got it back.
ICEHOCEY77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #34
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
Just want to contribute to the actual conversation at hand. How about changing the onside kick at LSU? I mean sure we would've loved to have been winning already, but the defense ended up holding LSU to a 3 and out, but because of where we were on the field, Ace never even got a chance to return the punt. Sure, they could've simply kicked away from him anyway, but our starting field position would have still been much better for the final possession than it ended up being. Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Spurrier's worst moment of the year
Old 02-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #35
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
Shaw over throw INT at LSU
I don't see how anyone can pick a play other than this. As much as LSU neutralized our D Line from a physicality and gameplanning standpoint, I truly believe we get out of Baton Rouge with a W if not for Shaw's pick.

As many of you have mentioned, I would love to take back plays from the UF game. However, I'm not so sure that eliminating one play from that game changes the final outcome. There's a lot to be said for momentum shifts that can occur after a single play, but I really don't think a W was in the cards that day.

Let's just be happy that fortune seemed to be on our side over the majority of the season, because we could very well have finished with 3-4 total losses had a these plays turned out differently (missed PI call on Vandy's final drive, Jadaveon's strip of Bray on UT's final drive, Dylan's TD to Bruce w/ 17 sec left in OB Bowl)

They say good teams create their own luck, which is partially true. I guess I'm glad that we are a good team now, b/c damn did our gamecocks used to catch some bad breaks or what
Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #36
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
this.

Lost the momentum and never got it back.
We were close to getting it back when it was 7-3 in the second quarter and we drove to the UF 28. Connor hit ellington and he caught the ball for a second for a first down at the 15 then the db knocked it out of his hands. At that moment, UF did not have a first down on offense and we were dominating them. We score there and I think we turn it around. we ended up missing the FG. Then the fumbled punt came..

Or DL "Hands" Moore dropping a sure TD in the drive we kicked a FG. I think one of those could have turned the momentum. We were dominating their O for most of the first half.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #37
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
I don't see how anyone can pick a play other than this. As much as LSU neutralized our D Line from a physicality and gameplanning standpoint, I truly believe we get out of Baton Rouge with a W if not for Shaw's pick.

As many of you have mentioned, I would love to take back plays from the UF game. However, I'm not so sure that eliminating one play from that game changes the final outcome. There's a lot to be said for momentum shifts that can occur after a single play, but I really don't think a W was in the cards that day.

Let's just be happy that fortune seemed to be on our side over the majority of the season, because we could very well have finished with 3-4 total losses had a these plays turned out differently (missed PI call on Vandy's final drive, Jadaveon's strip of Bray on UT's final drive, Dylan's TD to Bruce w/ 17 sec left in OB Bowl)

They say good teams create their own luck, which is partially true. I guess I'm glad that we are a good team now, b/c damn did our gamecocks used to catch some bad breaks or what
nice post. and agree for the most part. everyone has brought up some really good examples of plays we would love to have back. but i don't see how anyone can seriously choose anything other than the play marcus got hurt on. that was devastating. although it did help us to learn how to play without him, again!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #38
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
nice post. and agree for the most part. everyone has brought up some really good examples of plays we would love to have back. but i don't see how anyone can seriously choose anything other than the play marcus got hurt on. that was devastating. although it did help us to learn how to play without him, again!
Completely forgot about considering a play of that nature (bad play for reasons outside of yardage, etc). Makes me feel selfish. So yea, I'll go with that play. Iv'e never been more emotionally distraught as a result of sports than I was that day, hell, that week. I missed one home game this past year, and I am damn glad it was the UT game. It would have killed me to witness that in person
Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #39
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervous

Well I would definitely change the play where Marcus was injured so that it never happened. I can live with a loss to LSU if it meant Marcus didn't have to rehab again.
NCgamecock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #40
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
They've all been said at this point.

1) Latti's injury #1.
2) The fumble to start the UF game
3) The late int vs LSU.
^this

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote