CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
DTGCOCKS#32
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
The Yancey
Pw00132
carolinacocky
HBC Weekly Presser (1249)
Thompson Has Neck In (1109)
Funny? (1031)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (623)
What fish do you eat (576)
KY Suspends 4 Player (512)
Clowney didnt get ma (424)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (372)
4th & 1 Play (348)
Funny?
State talent drying up
QB Recruiting Strategy
HBC Weekly Presser
10-2
Defer Or Not?
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Thompson Has Neck Injury
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #21
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Re: PS4 will be revealed Feb. 20th...

Hopefully you'll be able to play music while playing the game, like you can with Xbox
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #22
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
I have not owned a gaming console since the Dreamcast but I just saw on CNN a little while ago that the new Playstation will not be able to play used games? So if you buy a game it is stuck to that console for life and you can't borrow games from friends to play on it. That seems like an awful business plan if true.
PC games have gone that way. Buy the game from direct download sites like Steam and the game is locked to you. You can play it on whatever computers you have but you can't transfer it to someone else.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #23
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
the graphics are supposed to be computer-quality(supposedly)
Until computers get even more powerful while the PS4 stays the same for the life of the console. This is why computers will always be the far superior gaming platform.

But that's a different argument for a different day.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #24
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Important Update: A trusted source has told IGN that this controller is real. However, our source notes that it's an early prototype. The controller, in other words, is likely to change between now and when the console launches.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...-4s-controller
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #25
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

I dont really want a new system, just means you gotta shell out 4 or 500 bucks.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #26
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

CockyCash: 700
Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
That's pretty nice for the video ram. Do you know how much system ram will be in it?

"Is there going to be better graphics for games? If not what's the use of buying a new one? "

The first releases will probably be a marginal stepup from the PS3, but as the years go on it should get a lot better. It's 4 gb compared to what 512mb of video memory in the ps3?

"
yeah i will wait 6 months to a year after they come out to buy one of the next gen systems. Gotta' let them sort out their RROD type issues."

I wait to avoid the possible siutations of fist fights, getting stabbed, or shot on release night.
Sorry for the delay. It's unified memory. 4GB total.

The Nextbox is supposed to have 8GB of GDDr3 but the PS4 memory is much faster.

Antiochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #27
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

4 GB of RAM on a console? Holy chit
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #28
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Not ready for next generation. Completely satisfied with my 360 and PS3 right now. Considering just building a gaming PC because I don't have a PC at all aside from my crappy 2002 Dell Laptop which is on it's last legs.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #29
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
4 GB of RAM on a console? Holy chit
Not so much really. My mid range PC has 12GB system RAM and another 2GB on the GPU.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #30
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Read it wrong yancey, 4GB of video memory.

Now THATS crazy good
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #31
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Just a few more days...
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #32
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Totally forgot about this

Should be interesting
Old 02-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #33
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

All I really use my ps3 and 360 for are sports games. And football games this gen have been a complete waste. So hopefully football games will be great again.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #34
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I will probably buy if it is within reason, but honestly I mainly use my PS3 these days for Netflix and playing other movies I load onto my external HD.

They really need to work on partnering with companies to make this system a sole source of media entertainment in the home...Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, etc...and easily integrate the browser on the system into all of this.

Also, I want them to know I won't pay full price for a game I download and can't share with friends or return for trade-in credit. They should be discounted.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #35
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

CockyCash: 700
Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Not so much really. My mid range PC has 12GB system RAM and another 2GB on the GPU.

Most PC games don't use more than 2gb of system ram. The new consoles will be the thing that pushes PC games to use more.

Antiochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #36
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I will probably buy if it is within reason, but honestly I mainly use my PS3 these days for Netflix and playing other movies I load onto my external HD.

They really need to work on partnering with companies to make this system a sole source of media entertainment in the home...Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, etc...and easily integrate the browser on the system into all of this.

Also, I want them to know I won't pay full price for a game I download and can't share with friends or return for trade-in credit. They should be discounted.
If Sony is serious about the inability to play games on another PS4, that will be cause for me to switch to Microsoft next gen. Total nonsense. Between that and the lack of ESPN on the Playstation, I may be switching next time. Sony got my business on the PS3 because of the free online usage compared to Microsoft, so we'll have to see where that goes.

...of course I've also considered just getting a Wii U for fun and sticking with my PS3 for a few more years.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #37
thegreatord
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2700
thegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
If Sony is serious about the inability to play games on another PS4, that will be cause for me to switch to Microsoft next gen. Total nonsense. Between that and the lack of ESPN on the Playstation, I may be switching next time. Sony got my business on the PS3 because of the free online usage compared to Microsoft, so we'll have to see where that goes.

...of course I've also considered just getting a Wii U for fun and sticking with my PS3 for a few more years.
im sure it will be like steam. use your log in and you can have play your games. dont really see the big deal because it cost money to make the games and people should have to pay. dont like it, start playing roms from nes because you are crazy if you think microsoft wont be going in the same direction. as an application developer, i can understand wanting to get paid when someone uses your work.

GO COCKS!!!!!!!!!
thegreatord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #38
thegreatord
Blue Chip

Male

thegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPit

the one thing that i dont like is not being able to sell your games and buying used ones. thats all i buy and i would like to be able to play ps3 games on it.

GO COCKS!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #39
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatord View Post
im sure it will be like steam. use your log in and you can have play your games. dont really see the big deal because it cost money to make the games and people should have to pay. dont like it, start playing roms from nes because you are crazy if you think microsoft wont be going in the same direction. as an application developer, i can understand wanting to get paid when someone uses your work.
You're completely missing the point of what I was saying. I'm not at all talking about not paying for a product. I'm talking about losing the ability to share my games with my friends. I still actually enjoy couch co-op quite a bit. To not be able to pick up my game and head over to a friend's house for a co-op game on his system seems very odd to someone who has been doing that since the NES days.

Also, there's the concept that once you buy something, it is your property and you should be able to do with it as you wish. If I want to give clothes, food, electronics, furniture or any other kind of good that I purchased to someone else, why should I not be permitted to do so with a game?

This is not at all an issue of requiring someone to purchase a product. It's not about piracy. We're talking about a multi-billion industry hamstringing their consumers and forcing them to shell out full price for only new products and completely eliminating a used game market.

Also, a sorry side effect of this happening is going to be the reduction in availability of older games for purchase. Retailers are not going to keep stocking older games from publishers on their shelves. Those 2-5 year old games on your PS3 that you still like picking up from Gamestop because somebody mentioned it was a fun game that you just never happened to hear of? Good luck finding that now.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:39 AM   #40
thegreatord
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
You're completely missing the point of what I was saying. I'm not at all talking about not paying for a product. I'm talking about losing the ability to share my games with my friends. I still actually enjoy couch co-op quite a bit. To not be able to pick up my game and head over to a friend's house for a co-op game on his system seems very odd to someone who has been doing that since the NES days.

Also, there's the concept that once you buy something, it is your property and you should be able to do with it as you wish. If I want to give clothes, food, electronics, furniture or any other kind of good that I purchased to someone else, why should I not be permitted to do so with a game?

This is not at all an issue of requiring someone to purchase a product. It's not about piracy. We're talking about a multi-billion industry hamstringing their consumers and forcing them to shell out full price for only new products and completely eliminating a used game market.

Also, a sorry side effect of this happening is going to be the reduction in availability of older games for purchase. Retailers are not going to keep stocking older games from publishers on their shelves. Those 2-5 year old games on your PS3 that you still like picking up from Gamestop because somebody mentioned it was a fun game that you just never happened to hear of? Good luck finding that now.
i can understand that and agree!

GO COCKS!!!!!!!!!