CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
Spurticus
Acockolypse Now
COCKYTALKIN
BiggerLSUfan
sporkgod50
Lonnie
The Yancey
WeStill0wnUSC
USCBASEBALL1
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1026)
Ranking the Opposing (703)
Not a Rival.. (530)
Gamecock Coaches as (506)
help with army insig (393)
NCAA Football 15 (241)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (224)
I'm a grand godfathe (221)
George Miller revisi (170)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (153)
2015 - Mon Denson
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Section 16
Marching band
NCAA Football 15
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Good Article for those co
Hello Gamecocks!
Muschamp + fan = win
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
cockycat
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
cockycat is learning to peckcockycat is learning to peck
Default USC vs UNC game question

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed on here but I couldn't find my answer. Is the USC vs UNC game on Thursday or Saturday?

Thanks!
cockycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default Re: USC vs UNC game question

It's on Saturday, August 31st.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
blockycocky
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 250
blockycocky has feathers coming inblockycocky has feathers coming inblockycocky has feathers coming in

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...schedules.html
Old 02-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
cockycat
Recruit

Female

cockycat is learning to peckcockycat is learning to peck

Thanks for the replies but UNC's website says the game is on Thursday. That's what has me confused.
cockycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material

From what I understand it was originally scheduled for Thursday but it was changed to Saturday.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

Here's an article that came out back in October on www.gamecocksonline.com

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...103112aab.html
Old 02-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Yes, All Garnet.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

It was originally scheduled for a couple years ago but Butch Davis was scared.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Pretty sure it's the night game too.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
thebigspur33
4-Star

Male

thebigspur33 is learning to peck

how do we match up with unc
thebigspur33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #11
COCK PIT
Recruit

Male

COCK PIT is learning to peckCOCK PIT is learning to peck

They have a tricky offense. They like to spread you out so they can create vertical seams. Throw it all over the place. Our linbackers and dbs will have to play very well in space and tackle well. Bryn Renner is a very good QB. He can distribute the ball but I think our defensive line will be stout. We should be able to score some points on their defense. All in all, I think the game will be decided by how well we tackle in the defensive backfield.
COCK PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #12
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCK PIT View Post
They have a tricky offense. They like to spread you out so they can create vertical seams. Throw it all over the place. Our linbackers and dbs will have to play very well in space and tackle well. Bryn Renner is a very good QB. He can distribute the ball but I think our defensive line will be stout. We should be able to score some points on their defense. All in all, I think the game will be decided by how well we tackle in the defensive backfield.
They think they will have the fastest offense in the nation next year(I am not sure where that came from.) They scored a lot of points this past season, but gave up just as many defensively against weak teams in couple of games . However, they just took a blow in qb depth as Marquise Williams is not enrolled in school right now. I see this game as UNC having nothing to lose, and USC having a lot to lose as far as confidence and momentum if they look past UNC.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #13
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

I think in the end, our boys in the trenches disrupt their WR/passing-based offense. especially with their qb situation.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #14
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

we rarely open the season with flair. thats what worries me the most. unc is a good team and anyone who tries to downplay this game is insane
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #15
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I heard something about how USC didn't check with UNC about the change. Who knows, maybe they are trying to get out of it, AGAIN.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:37 AM   #16
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

It is OUR Home game. It is up to us when we play and no one else has final say, even ESPN. UNC's opinions or wishes are meaningless.

I have little doubt they would love for it to be on a Thursday night as those games usually don't have quite the same turnout and a little less electricity in the air or fan involvement. Same old crap as always with UNC. Trying all they can to tilt the odds more to their favor. Just another example of how they will be if they ever do (God forbid) get into the SEC. All the more reason to make the game Saturday night and let them have the full SEC/USC atmosphere.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

The Brice will be rockin can't wait

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote