CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
gamecock88
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
taylorssc
lilhornet
cockybusiness2
beak2
WeStillOwnUSC
bigdog2003
Kentucky prediction (1326)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1298)
Just Booked my Hotel (1120)
So What? (580)
Best position coach (493)
The New Idea That'll (360)
Travis Bell's Photos (340)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (257)
So What? (185)
Waldrop doubtful for (139)
Kentucky prediction
Build a New Stadium
4th & 1 Play
Upstate Football Games Re
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
400 pasing yards
Fall Practice
Best position coach or co
Optimism? Week 1-4 offens

Old 01-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #101
Rebel4ever
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: corey miller pounded the gamecocks today

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Clemson lays out the red carpet if a water boy shows up on the door step.

I spoke to Brandon Bennett a few years ago (he played on my flag football team), and he said that he couldn't count how many times he reached out to the school to try to see if they had any of his old jerseys or anything that he could buy. He said every time he called he got the run around from people that said they had no clue who he was. The 2nd leading rusher in our history, and the man responsible for the greatest play in school history.

This is a MAJOR problem, and it needs to be fixed.
Yes, especially since we will have more and more players getting PAID in the near future and now (Stephon Gilmore) as our talent level increases. Not saying Stephon wouldn't support the program by giving back, just saying he is a prime example of the talent of our players who will be going to and getting paid in the NFL. Spurrier has assembled the best top to bottom talent we've ever had in our history and the dollars they will make at the next level will have an impact in sustaining the progress we've made the last 4 years. We need to keep these players close to the program not shun them.
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #102
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

If Corey Miller wasn't complaining about this issue he would be complaining about something else. When Darrin Horn got the ax he had to find something to bash about Carolina sports. I actually used to listen to his show and actually called in a few times, but he has become nothing more than a local shock jock. He will probably beat this drum for about the next year.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #103
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
If Corey Miller wasn't complaining about this issue he would be complaining about something else. When Darrin Horn got the ax he had to find something to bash about Carolina sports. I actually used to listen to his show and actually called in a few times, but he has become nothing more than a local shock jock. He will probably beat this drum for about the next year.
Absolutely right. Also, after a few weeks he took the Horn thing waaay too far. I haven't listened to him in over a year.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #104
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

A 6 page thread about Corey freaking Miller. Looks like his plan worked.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #105
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post

Was Corey ripping Horn wrong? Horn was an awful coach and we are better off now. Corey was absolutely right to bash a man that went 10-21 last year.

Now he's bashing something else that needs to change. We do need to establish better relationships with our past.

We have lots of good going on at USC, but somethings still need changed. I applaud Corey for standing up for things that need to be changed and not ignoring them like some people in town.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #106
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina2010 View Post
They are kept above the weight room in Williams Brice Stadium.
Something very few know about and very few will ever see. Should be out in easy view for Gamecock fans just like other SEC schools have their's on display
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #107
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
Was Corey ripping Horn wrong? Horn was an awful coach and we are better off now. Corey was absolutely right to bash a man that went 10-21 last year.

Now he's bashing something else that needs to change. We do need to establish better relationships with our past.

We have lots of good going on at USC, but somethings still need changed. I applaud Corey for standing up for things that need to be changed and not ignoring them like some people in town.
I never said he was wrong in criticizing Darrin Horn, but the guy beats a dead horse on just about every issue he gets onto. Everybody knew Horn sucked last year, but Corey talked about the issue over and over like a broken record. He likes to cause controversy, anybody who listens to his show for just a few minutes can clearly figure that out. I don't know who stirs the pot more between him and K-Mac.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #108
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Absolutely right. Also, after a few weeks he took the Horn thing waaay too far. I haven't listened to him in over a year.
He almost took it to a level where it was something personal and in the next breath starts preaching. It is one thing to be critical of someone, but he can be a complete a-hole about an issue. I have already heard him being critical of the Deke Adams hire and he even admitted that he hasn't even seen him coach yet. He was also critical of Coach Fitz before he had ever even met the guy.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #109
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
One could argue millions of dollars. Lets face it the reality is football players are different than regular students. Some of these kids have generated ALOT of money for the school.
Yeah well students grow up get jobs, and send money back to the schools, argueably normal students have generated Hundreds of Millions possibly Billions for the school. It shouldn't be about money, but that is always brought up with athletes, people always forgets who really keeps the lights on, maybe not current students, but alumni, Both the Athletic and Non Athletic kind.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #110
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Lol o ver some salt pills

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #111
Jleo
Blue Chip

Male

Jleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talons

Some people want handouts, when they don't get them, they cry about it. Unfortunately, every single person who wants a handout is a whiner, so that's all you hear.

Jleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 PM   #112
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I'll throw my .02 in... As a former athlete at U-Dub, let me tell you.... Carolina treats their former athletes like chit compared to others.. I was a little piss on baseball player, barely played.... But I continue to get calls(even 21 years later) to see how I am doing, and how my alumni can help me....

Carolina needs to wake the eff up, and make an effort to take care of their own.... It will pay off in the future...

There is a reason why you see some former athletes give back to their schools... And some give hardly anything back
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #113
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I'll add my two cents to this.

It does seem former players don't have the best relationship with the school. While that is not true for all players, it's probably worse than it should be.

A couple of years ago, I talked to some SC media people who work closely with USC and Clemson. If I mentioned names, you would know who they are. In their opinion (and from what they said, this is pretty well known in the media), USC's SID was a pain to work with while Clemson's was great.

I say that because I don't know who these former players have to contact when they need something from the school. Maybe it goes through the SID. However, this could be a culture that needs to be fixed in the athletic department. If so, I hope Ray Tanner can do it and mend relationships that may be broken.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #114
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Fact...Our university has screwed the pooch for many many years now about former player relationships...IN ALL Sports....It needs to be fixed and Ray Tanner has stated this wound will get healed....I hope so, because when you go to another university to see a game, they treat their former athletes better than the 5 star recruits they are trying to sign...Former players can really boost your recruiting and remember some of our players are now coaches ..teachers...principles...and NFL players...So in my mind....COREY IS RIGHT...
Old 02-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #115
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

This thread is so silly. USC has few if anyone that was involved with athletes from the 70s, 80s , or 90s. Who is going to remember all of them. I couldn't. The former players should be the ones that stay in touch. Spurrier will remember his players but he knows nothing about Scotts Holts or Woods players much less farther back. They should have a paid position for that purpose. Some one ewhos job it is to know these players and reach out. Make it a permanent position.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #116
robert40
Recruit

Male

robert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming in

Corey Miller?Never heard of him!!!
robert40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #117
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Guys, it has to start somewhere and SOS has been great about getting his former USC players back on campus. He has also reached out to former Cocks he didn't coach, like Terry Cousins, who took a position at USC.

There are always former players at Junior Days, Camps, and The Showcase.

I have seen Sheldon Brown, Terry Cousins, Joseph, Munnerlynn, Goddard, Norwood, Jasper Brinkley, and a host of other former Gamecocks at functions. Alshon was at the last Showcase.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #118
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I think it also seems like we're encouraging a lot of the players (across all sports) who left early to return back and get their diploma in the off season. I've seen a number of past players on campus. That can build a lot of loyalty there. Not only having that school launch your professional career but actually having a degree from that school.
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #119
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

How does Corey Miller have his own radio show? And who in the hell listens to that garbage? I really hope his son does not want to play for USC.

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #120
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
How does Corey Miller have his own radio show? And who in the hell listens to that garbage? I really hope his son does not want to play for USC.
One would have to assume that most of the advertisers keeping him on the air are taters.
Talk about irony......taters paying to keep a former Gamecock to stay on the radio to say negative things about Carolina.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote