CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
GH
75CarolinaFan
Gamecocks1137
JoeMorrisonLives
garnet_black215
StormOfTalons
johnnyb
b381l
Welcome to Moe's (558)
Jay Paterno Attempts (487)
help with army insig (208)
Hercules - review (206)
I'm a grand godfathe (116)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (44)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (19)
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Help Give Cocky a Home
Name a Gamecock
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Good Article for those co
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
college football match up
2015 - Auden Tate
2015 - Mon Denson
Coach's media golf press

Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #21
bhs04
high motor

Male

CockyCash: 500
bhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Next Year Starters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyCock21 View Post
as for the Spur i'm not wrong. hybrid Linebacker/Safety position called a Spur or Bandit which is what I said. Golightly and diggs already both play it which in turn would be linebackers, but I don't see them both playing that next year with the lack of depth at linebacker, i would think that a younger player learnss the spur and one of the two moves over. I don't see Holloman starting yet as he has so little expierence. Kiawan Lewis should play he might even start over Bryant. But USC does not always play three linebackers and a Spur on the field. they play 2 and a spur as the third. but we shall see in a few months where they start to fill in at
Golightly and diggs aren't the same as Holloman was last year. Devonte was like 240 pounds. Those guys play around the 200 pound range. Not exactly what we're looking for at LB. now Tj Holloman, who people have previously mentioned to you, will play around 225 this year probably and is 6'3". That is a linebacker sized guy. The spur will likely go back to being a more of a safety type of position and less of a LB position with sharod and Jordan.(see Antonio Allen)

For everyone else on the discussion, don't forget about mason Harris too.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #22
A-Cluckwork-Orange
Optimist

Male

A-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his comb

How do we feel about the guard position next year? Behind Patrick and Cann we look pretty thin. And given their performances (cough cough LSU) last year, they haven't proven themselves capable of consistently moving SEC D tackles out of the way. Any chance we move some of our tackles to guard next year?
A-Cluckwork-Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Hopefully our Offensive line recruiting pays off this year. We've been ok, good not great. I would love to see consistent oline play. We have signed 22 guys since 2010. Im hoping 10 of those can step up and provide us with a good 2 deep.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #24
dieselcock
Blue Chip

Male

dieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming in

If we have to rely on incoming guys to much we are in trouble....the guys that need to step up are guys like Mason Harris,Gerald Dixon,Dukes,Green,etc..
Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #25
SHElikesMYCOCKS
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 575
SHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spurs

I'd like to see Diggs step up and its going to be pretty interesting as far as the linebacker position.
SHElikesMYCOCKS is offline   Reply With Quote