CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Roosterdog
F4rpoole
GoldenSpur7
fridayserv
Lalli25
CockTail
gamecock88
Yearofthegamecock
B-G
JaxcockFL
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1154)
Byron the bunny...fe (541)
The #AskEmmert Q& (454)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
Shameless self promo (301)
One thing I was glad (168)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (145)
Peach Bowl name retu (143)
Save Electricity By (71)
Construction of Worl (62)
What is your perfect egg?
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
Amazon Fire TV
Where will we be preseaso
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
2014 Gamecock Football Po

Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #61
gamecockboy89
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his comb
Default Re: Tanner and the next master plan!

Please keep in mind that these images are initial sketches only and are subject to change.

Sorry if these have already been posted. I have no idea about the details. This was just something old I dug up.
gamecockboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #62
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Two words:

Women's Gymnastics.

PLEASE!
Funny you say that, At my daughter's gymnastics event in Spring Valley a couple of weeks ago they were selling t-shirts with something like "Bring it Back" on them and circulating a petition in effort to get USC to consider bringing gymnastics back. The school did away with it a long time ago and the coach from back in the 70s was at the event talking about it. Gymnastics has blown up around the conference in the last decade or so.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #63
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Yes, it was tongue-in-cheek, but there's a pretty big grass-roots movement to bring it back. All 3 of my girls are in gymnastics, and there are flyers up in their gym and every event.

I'd LOVE to see it. Those girls are amazing.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #64
gamecockox
Walk On

Male

gamecockox has feathers coming ingamecockox has feathers coming ingamecockox has feathers coming in

love to see renovations done to the coliseum and make it the home of gamecock gymnastics! the SEC is a powerhouse in gymnastics with UGA and Bama. i think it would work!
gamecockox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #65
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockox View Post
love to see renovations done to the coliseum and make it the home of gamecock gymnastics! the SEC is a powerhouse in gymnastics with UGA and Bama. i think it would work!
this!! believe it or not gymnastics is actually pretty fun to go watch i know alot of people up here in raleigh actually turn out to watch the NC state gymnastics meets. Sometimes they actually out draw womens basketball. Ive seen alot of dads have father daughter nights and bring thing young daughters out to reynolds coliseum for meets and the little girls love it
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #66
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

We need to get off the snide and get the indoor practice facility done. Dumbo is already using the clemsux indoor as a big recruiting tool. (we have one and carolina does'nt). IPTAY paid for the clemsux indoor; what do we need to do? Are we going to let clemsux beat us in recruiting with a facility that we are still "talking" about? I hope not.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #67
uscdoit
Recruit

Male

uscdoit is learning to peckuscdoit is learning to peck

Pics of our rival's facility look pretty damn nice. We'll get it done!
uscdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #68
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

The indoor practice building is the top priority. After that they will work on the plaza outside the stadium. And, it's looking like sand volleyball for the new girls sport.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #69
mater
Class of '02

Male

CockyCash: 100380
mater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockox View Post
We field Equstrian rather than Gymnastics...school choice. Case in point Vanderbilt does not field a Softball team.

"When a suitcase just won't do."
mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #70
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

I hear we might be getting a beach volleyball team. Any truth to that?
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #71
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Have we broken ground on the indoor facility? I'll have to drive by on the way home and see what's happening.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #72
USC2USC
Walk On

Male

USC2USC is learning to peck

Already in the works....Tanner proposing $50 million in new athletics facilities improvements.....mostly for football. Click below. Practice facility and Williams Brice apron project looks sweet.

http://www.dailygamecock.com/index.php/component/k2/item/5906-usc-athletics-considers-$51-million-for-new-facilities

USC2USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #73
uscdoit
Recruit

Male

Are we ever going to upgrade our track facilities? Some of the track facilities I've seen on tv before, wow we're way behind. Have ya'll seen Oregon? Ridiculous!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #74
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscdoit View Post
Are we ever going to upgrade our track facilities? Some of the track facilities I've seen on tv before, wow we're way behind. Have ya'll seen Oregon? Ridiculous!
Dude ! Oregon might as well be the birthplace of track and field. How do you think Nike was born ? Does Steve Prefontaine ring a bell ?
We'll get there.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #75
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i guess i dont care all that much, but i was certain the landscaping around the stadium would be done this fall. we have a 4 millon dollar donation already set aside for that project. i thought it interesting that bathrooms still need to be built at the tennis center..for a million bucks at that. huh.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #76
uscdoit
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Dude ! Oregon might as well be the birthplace of track and field. How do you think Nike was born ? Does Steve Prefontaine ring a bell ?
We'll get there.
Correct you are about that! Arkansas is in the same boat with Mr Wal-Mart in their State. Those facilities are also outstanding. We're doing great with upgrades though. Getting the area around Willy B done is going to look tremendous!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #77
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
I hear we might be getting a beach volleyball team. Any truth to that?
It's sand volleyball - not beach - that we're getting.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #78
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

If you read the info on the plan, it spells out the schedule very clearly. Since it's dated this week (2/3/13) I assume the info is current. Here is the key info about the planned Athletics Department capital projects from the Athletics Capital Projects presentation (link). Each of them has more information and renderings if you read through the presentation.

FY12-13
Sand Volleyball Courts

Construction: June - August 2013
Budget: $995k

FY13-14
New Indoor & Outdoor Practice Facility (football)
Construction: January - August 2014
Budget: $17 million ($14m for indoor, $3m for outdoor)

FY14-15
Williams-Brice Stadium Plaza
Construction: January - August 2015
Budget: $14 million
Details: Will include partial demolition of the ETV building.
Rendering:

Soccer Building
Construction: February - December 2015
Budget: $2.5 million

Track & Field Complex
Construction: December 2014 - August 2015
Budget: $10 million

Field House - Indoor Track Conversion
Construction: February - December 2015
Budget: $5 million

Tennis Complex Addition
Construction: June 2014 to October 2014
Budget: $1,000,000

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #79
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

It's hard to fathom how far behind we would without sec affiliation. clemson would really just be killing us in facilities. we had so far to go and are still paying for the downfalls of previous leaders.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #80
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

That proposed picture of the plaza (I guess all upgrades for that matter) is probably one of the most exciting things I've seen in regards to Carolina football in quite some time. If the athletics department is able to make this happen...wow.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote