CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > High School Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
b381l
Order 66
garnet_black215
Ahmad
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
wumarshall82
JerseyBird
Thoughts on Shawn El (1660)
10-2 (1643)
UK promoting a black (1500)
Four UK Players Susp (990)
Time for a new coach (954)
Coach Gaines: " (925)
I Was Dealing With T (699)
Connor Shaw's fault. (632)
Build a New Stadium (567)
Since everyone loves (493)
Four UK Players Suspended
UK promoting a blackout f
2015 Commitment - Jaire A
Build a New Stadium
Coach Gaines: "Not m
Maty Mauk tries to take o
400 pasing yards
Funny?
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Connor Mitch

Old 02-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #21
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: BBall Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Scott View Post
cack - There are people out there like you speak of. I have to say that the percentage of those types is pretty small. Most people who do the job are there for the right reasons. Think about it, if the people who do it, don't love it, then why would they put up will the abuse that fans seem to enjoy giving.

I will agree with you on the politics you spoke of. The politics are definitely a deterrent to becoming involved in officiating.

What's said is when he said that and that he liked the "easy money" half of the place clapped their hands for the dude. It was a joke, and the exact reason more people don't do it.

Now, I do understand that there is a LARGE number of officials that love the sports and officiate for all of the right reasons, but it's the bad apples that give them/us a bad name. These are the people that sit in the stands and say "ah anybody can do that watch this."

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #22
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSHEP View Post
I have been in contact with my local contact person with the schsl basketball officials. I am planning on calling games next season. But before the season starts, I plan on making sure I m in shape and can get up and down the court to do the job the way it is supposed to be done.

No I don't think I'm being unfair in my critique of the refs. They are to make calls on what they see, not what they think.

In Basketball isn't not about getting up and down the court ... it's about being in the right position to make the call ... and that's the tough part.

As for calling what you see and not what you think ... that is WAY easier said than done. Every little questionable call ... you have to make in a split second or the crowd and coaches will be ALL OVER you.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #23
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
Gaffney spanked that tail boy!!! Go Indians 16 State Titles in Football, 5 in Basketball, and 1 in Baseball

BOOM!!!

To the ref post, yeah pretty much HS refs are garbage but who can blame them for what they get paid and the crap they deal with. You get what you pay for. IMO

That's part of why the good guys aren't doing HS. I can make more money doing church ball and driving 5 minutes from my house than I would if I drove an hour away to coach some JV team that's worse than the church teams we have.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #24
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Scotty: You working at PG tomorrow?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #25
Gamecock Scott
Blue Chip

Male

2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 3rd Place 
CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Scotty: You working at PG tomorrow?

I will be at Oak Grove
Gamecock Scott is offline   Reply With Quote