CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
WeStillOwnUSC
thekob
El Cid Ranger
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
MountainCock
kingoftheroost
USCNowAndForever
Gamecocks1137
Key for 2015 defense (1233)
Skai Moore out for U (993)
Troubles in Tigertow (597)
Lebron makes Clevela (554)
TN game weather (495)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (400)
Cockaboose Video (393)
Who is your favorite (320)
Marvel releases movi (188)
FSU vs. Louisville (170)
Tennessee - South Carolin
Who is your favorite play
Lattimore to play after S
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Uniforms for Tenn
Michigan AD Dave Brandon
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Key for 2015 defense
SEC Coaches Dress Up for
We're going to the NCAA T

Old 02-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #21
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material
Default Re: Anyone have any insight on the Corey Miller/Christian Miller issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Here is a thought. Do like almost everyone else and don't listen to the station. I bet the only time they get a real listening boost is the last hour of Teddy's show and the 1st two ours of Eric and Carey. The rest of the day it's the same 10 or 15 guys listening and calling in. I travel a lot and I admit I can get their signal further away so I listen on my way in and out of town, but other than the 3 hours of Dan Patrick I don't listen too them much, I will say that when Corey had JC Shurbert with him it was a better combo because Corey didn't have to try and carry the show and all he had to do was interject some experiences in the conversation, which is why Eric and Carey seem to be the best product they put on because Eric carries the show and Carey Rich adds anecdotes from his playing days.
The problem there is, you don't point out the problem. You leave it up to the station to figure it out. I remember Jewlery Warehouse issue worked so try it again. I am sure the fan base is tired of him blasting the program.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #22
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29792600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
I have plenty of inside info & wouldn't dream of posting it for the world to read.
Good, then how about a pm?
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #23
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

I would say Corey was pretty pissed off. He tried to play it like he doesn't care but you could tell in his voice it was sour grapes.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #24
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Cuck Corey Miller.. If SOS wanted his son he would recruit him. If not then let him go else where... I too am a graduate. But does that mean USC must recruit my sons or Grandson... NO
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #25
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Corey Miller's big mistake in my opinion is the whole orange kool-aid comment at the clempson. If you have an offer from a school, then take it. Don't get hurt because USC doesn't behave like clempson on the recruiting trail.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #26
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Wasn't this the same idiot who said how great Clemsux was for offering his kid on Christmas Day?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #27
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Can anyone who heard it paraphrase what he actually said? If it is as it seems from the op and comments then he needs to shut his mouth, if I were a recruit and my dad was a legacy he wouldn't want me to get preferential treatment bc of it, he would want the coaches to do what they thought was best for the team and he would want me to go where the best opportunity for my career was. If the coaches or university somehow slighted his son, led him on, or mistreated him in some way that would be a different story so I'd like to hear what the actual situation is, and I'm pretty sure that's what the OP was asking for as well
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #28
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

We are the professional side of this conversation, us fans who have an outlet (CockyTalk and other GC boards) and The USC. Corey is the other side. It's best to just do the professional thing and let him rant about it. It does USC no good to tell their side, just looks like a big institution trying to step on the smaller guy then. If USC sees no reason to talk about it then we should do the same.

It will also give those Taters some more stuff to put in the thread they have on their boards.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #29
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post
We are the professional side of this conversation, us fans who have an outlet (CockyTalk and other GC boards) and The USC. Corey is the other side. It's best to just do the professional thing and let him rant about it. It does USC no good to tell their side, just looks like a big institution trying to step on the smaller guy then. If USC sees no reason to talk about it then we should do the same.

It will also give those Taters some more stuff to put in the thread they have on their boards.
Lets put this in perspective. Cory has a beef about this.....he uses his bully pulpit to rant...he goes on visits with his son (around other prospects we will recruit) and procedes to bash this staff and school to other kids. He does it on the air, he'll do it out there on his sons visits. He can say as a former player at the school and former NFL player and radio personality for their flagship station....they suck. Yea....we need to figure this out. This idiot won't stop himself. He is above everyone else...man of God.....yea right Cory. Men of God do these things right?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #30
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Corey essentially was continuing his complaints that the school doesn't do a good job maintaining relationships with former players and the current coaches don't do a good job building relationships with recruits, their families and the HS coaches.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #31
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Corey has been really vocal about the relationships, or lack of,with former Gamecock players..Wether it be a football player or soccer player the university has really done nothing to help or assist players that never pan out in the pro level....Other schools do all they can to assist players to obtain jobs and other stuff but WE do very little....
Other programs use former players as recruiting tools and they even help make calls and send text messages....WE dont....

With all that said I think we do want Christian to come and play with us but on the other hand I think our coaching staff feels like it will be a 4 year headache do to who Christians father is.....But Alabama and klempzun want him so our coaches better figure it out one way or the other...
Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #32
sully1
4-Star

Male

sully1 is sharpening his clawssully1 is sharpening his clawssully1 is sharpening his clawssully1 is sharpening his clawssully1 is sharpening his claws

Honestly....what do these other schools really do for their prior athletes that we dont do?

I believe it is pretty much the same everywhere....I am sure if a former SOS player here at USC came back, he would be treated great.

However, SOS doesnt know players who played under Joe Morrison, Sparky Woods, etc. Why do they expect SOS or whoever else on the football staff to treat them like royalty?

Some of these former players act like they should be given handouts....again, they were given an education (if they chose to take advantage of it), they were given an opportunity to further their playing careers, etc.

I think some of these former players act like welfare recipients....they think they deserve whatever they want.
sully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #33
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Corey has been really vocal about the relationships, or lack of,with former Gamecock players..Wether it be a football player or soccer player the university has really done nothing to help or assist players that never pan out in the pro level....Other schools do all they can to assist players to obtain jobs and other stuff but WE do very little....
Other programs use former players as recruiting tools and they even help make calls and send text messages....WE dont....

With all that said I think we do want Christian to come and play with us but on the other hand I think our coaching staff feels like it will be a 4 year headache do to who Christians father is.....But Alabama and klempzun want him so our coaches better figure it out one way or the other...
I heard the show on Friday and he has gone past this now Smoove.

He said he is upset about rumors that the staff doesn't think he is suited to play in USCs system (better suited to be an OLB in the 3-4). He seems to think that Botkin has said that Christian can't play LB in his scheme.
I don't think the staff can comment on an individual player so I'm not sure where it came from. He said many times that it didn't matter to him and it wasn't personal. He said it enough times that it was obvious that he was taking it VERY personal.

Towards the end of the time I was listening he said that it WAS personal and the fans would find out that Botkin is not a good coach or recruiter.

I agree that we need to have better relationships with former players and it seems like we are starting to work on that.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #34
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1 View Post
Honestly....what do these other schools really do for their prior athletes that we dont do?

I believe it is pretty much the same everywhere....I am sure if a former SOS player here at USC came back, he would be treated great.

However, SOS doesnt know players who played under Joe Morrison, Sparky Woods, etc. Why do they expect SOS or whoever else on the football staff to treat them like royalty?

Some of these former players act like they should be given handouts....again, they were given an education (if they chose to take advantage of it), they were given an opportunity to further their playing careers, etc.

I think some of these former players act like welfare recipients....they think they deserve whatever they want.
....Wrong ...Wrong...Wrong.....most of the players who dont understand why the football program doesnt open up more to them are the ones giving money hand over fist....
Old 02-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #35
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam View Post
I heard the show on Friday and he has gone past this now Smoove.

He said he is upset about rumors that the staff doesn't think he is suited to play in USCs system (better suited to be an OLB in the 3-4). He seems to think that Botkin has said that Christian can't play LB in his scheme.
I don't think the staff can comment on an individual player so I'm not sure where it came from. He said many times that it didn't matter to him and it wasn't personal. He said it enough times that it was obvious that he was taking it VERY personal.

Towards the end of the time I was listening he said that it WAS personal and the fans would find out that Botkin is not a good coach or recruiter.

I agree that we need to have better relationships with former players and it seems like we are starting to work on that.
....Yep...heard all of that also....But Im kind of torn on this whole deal....Corey is out spoken on a lot of stuff as far as what transpires during the season and also during the off season...and for the most part he makes very good arguments and yes it sometimes hurts...But, on the other hand,we all know that the football coaches really dont like public bashing like Corey can dish out sometimes... so Im pretty sure there is some in the football camp that wonders, if Christian does become a Gamecock how much more bigger can the headache get......It really could go either way......I mean lets face it...Christian has some very good offers including Bama.....it is going to be intresting to see how it plays out....I dont want anyone having any hard feelings either way......And remember....SOS had a few writers and such down in Florida that kind of dissapeared off the face of the earth after they pushed his buttons and also a reporter from our neck of the woods has been put on the back burner for some crap he pulled not so long ago...So the track record is there as far as how our staff takes to criticism...
Old 02-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #36
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

SOS had a few writers and such down in Florida that kind of dissapeared off the face of the earth after they pushed his buttons and also a reporter from our neck of the woods has been put on the back burner for some crap he pulled not so long ago...So the track record is there as far as how our staff takes to criticism...

You totally destroyed the credibility of your post with that statement. SOS doesn't reaaly care about being critized. When some post things that are blatanly untrue or have thinly disquised agendas as to tearing down one prgram while building up another at the first's expense, the response is not only justified, but morally and ethically warranted.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #37
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
....Yep...heard all of that also....But Im kind of torn on this whole deal....Corey is out spoken on a lot of stuff as far as what transpires during the season and also during the off season...and for the most part he makes very good arguments and yes it sometimes hurts...But, on the other hand,we all know that the football coaches really dont like public bashing like Corey can dish out sometimes... so Im pretty sure there is some in the football camp that wonders, if Christian does become a Gamecock how much more bigger can the headache get......It really could go either way......I mean lets face it...Christian has some very good offers including Bama.....it is going to be intresting to see how it plays out....I dont want anyone having any hard feelings either way......And remember....SOS had a few writers and such down in Florida that kind of dissapeared off the face of the earth after they pushed his buttons and also a reporter from our neck of the woods has been put on the back burner for some crap he pulled not so long ago...So the track record is there as far as how our staff takes to criticism...

Yes I often agree with Corey in his criticisms and sometimes the truth hurts.. He does, however, have a tendency to take it too far. I think that may be ratings driven. Talk radio is more lucrative for outspoken hosts.

I think he is doing his son a disservice in this whole matter. He has now come out against the two potential position coaches for Christian and it doesn't sound like he has ever talked to either one. Christian says he wants to keep his recruitment low key and Corey puts it all over his radio show.

Prayers out to Corey's father who is in the hospital in Charlotte.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote