CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
2000grad
Kaka
Captain9Dragons
carolina_corpsman
spareparts
Spotter22
gAmkok
Ole Gregg
ESPN is mad that USC (3619)
Vandy, Missouri, Ken (3132)
Mike Davis (2325)
Terrible Officiating (1463)
Cack's Toast of the (1444)
Worse 1st and goal p (1150)
USC -21 and a hook @ (979)
If (big IF) we can w (873)
USC vs Mizzou on CBS (697)
How the top 25 SHOUL (664)
Really excited to visit t
Elliott Fry crushes Clems
Missouri Game Set For 7:0
Mike Davis
No Gurley near the goal l
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
Terrible Officiating.
Cooper
CockyTalk Football Pickem
4-Star WR opts for soccer

Old 02-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #21
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: Salaries of former Gamecocks in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
the Rotoworld numbers aren't exactly accurate as they only show the base and don't include the signing bonus allocation. With the signing bonus allocation JJ's number go up to 9.5 million and Dunta and Sidney are just over 8 million. Dunta's numbers are harder to figure because he agreed to move his comp around to help the Falcons with the salary cap. Still, these guys make a bunch of money.
Yea but that number is the cap hit right?
Sidney may be making over 8 mill with incentives but the Seahawks are only getting a cap hit of whatever the contract hit is

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #22
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

Quote:
The nice thing is that the NFL players are coming back and hanging around with the team a lot more than they ever had before. Not sure if that is due to comaraderie or if they like watching since the team is hot. Whatever, it can't hurt and can only help to have them around.
Being in my early twenties and having experienced the massive growth of sports media coverage across the country firsthand (college sports in the South in especially), I can assure you that you are right on point in your claim that having NFL guys involved with the school means a lot to recruits. NFL Guys have reached the highest level and reaped the ultimate reward, and are huge role models in the lives of high-schoolers. Advice and guidance coming from their mouths is taken to heart by recruits. Some of the more "old-school" staff members and those who have been around the football program will not agree; but the more of an NFL presence/feel that we facilitate within the program, the better, recruiting-wise. For most serious prospects, playing in the NFL is the ultimate goal, and we are doing ourselves a service if we emphasize "the next level" to recruits.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #23
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Yea but that number is the cap hit right?
Sidney may be making over 8 mill with incentives but the Seahawks are only getting a cap hit of whatever the contract hit is
The cap hit for Sidney is $8.2 mill. The cap hit for Dunta was $8.5 but it has moved so I'm not sure what it is now.
henmania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #24
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Def. Dunta Robinson! Whatever happened to Darian Stewart?
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #25
#TeamCocks
Class of 2014

Male

CockyCash: 111473748
#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly

Out of curiosity, what are Gilmore and MI6 making
Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #26
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
The cap hit for Sidney is $8.2 mill. The cap hit for Dunta was $8.5 but it has moved so I'm not sure what it is now.
Yea that's what I meant.
He restructured his deal last year what I'm seeing to help with this yeara cap.
Seeing the cap hit for this coming year will be 9 mil.
I've also seen that there's a possibility they could cut him for cap reasons

#LukeForMod

Old 02-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #27
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by #TeamCocks View Post
Out of curiosity, what are Gilmore and MI6 making
Melvin's- 4 years 8.39 mil, 7.61 guaranteed, and a 4.458 signing bonus.
Gilmore - 4 years 12.084 mil. The deal is fully guaranteed including 7.228 mil signing bonus

#LukeForMod

Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #28
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Yea that's what I meant.
He restructured his deal last year what I'm seeing to help with this yeara cap.
Seeing the cap hit for this coming year will be 9 mil.
I've also seen that there's a possibility they could cut him for cap reasons

When they reworked Dunta's deal, they had to increase the guaranteed amount by a significant amount. Makes it too hard to cut him now. He will be around at least next year. I do believe they would like to cut him and get the same talent for much less money.
henmania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #29
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
Being in my early twenties and having experienced the massive growth of sports media coverage across the country firsthand (college sports in the South in especially), I can assure you that you are right on point in your claim that having NFL guys involved with the school means a lot to recruits. NFL Guys have reached the highest level and reaped the ultimate reward, and are huge role models in the lives of high-schoolers. Advice and guidance coming from their mouths is taken to heart by recruits. Some of the more "old-school" staff members and those who have been around the football program will not agree; but the more of an NFL presence/feel that we facilitate within the program, the better, recruiting-wise. For most serious prospects, playing in the NFL is the ultimate goal, and we are doing ourselves a service if we emphasize "the next level" to recruits.
Well said.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:07 AM   #30
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
Def. Dunta Robinson! Whatever happened to Darian Stewart?
Strong Safety for the Rams

Go Cocks!
uscsaxplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 AM   #31
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

These numbers are insaaaaaane. And they aren't even the top NFL players. sheesh.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #32
Gamecockboyo
Jadeveon Clowney Fan

Male

CockyCash: 131113
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

I think Emmaunel Cook has the sweetest deal IMO. $490,000 and a Super Bowl ring!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #33
SC_boy
Well Engineered Cock

Male

SC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his comb

How's Jared Cook doing? Is he hurting for money?

(serious question)
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #34
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_boy View Post
How's Jared Cook doing? Is he hurting for money?

(serious question)
He's currently an unrestricted FA
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/jared-cook/

#LukeForMod

Old 02-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #35
usc91ece
Recruit

Male

usc91ece is learning to peck

JJ has come a long way. I remember when spurrier benched him.
usc91ece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #36
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC3027 View Post
Next year that will all change when Clowney enters the NFL.
Uh, no. Rookies sign around a 4 year 22 mil dollar deal assuming he is the top pick.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #37
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
Joseph signed a 5 year $48.75 million contract with $23.5 mil guaranteed.
In 2013 Joseph's base salary will be 7.5 mil.

Dunta Robinson signed a 6 year $57 million contract with $25.5 mil guaranteed.
In 2013 Robinson's base salary will be 8 mil.

Sidney signed a 5 year $41 million contract with 18.5 mil guaranteed.
His base salary next year will be 8.5 mil

I believe those are the 3 highest.
The one thing that is of interest is Sidney,s contract. If his base is 8.5, his base must drop to get down to 41 million. Somewhere he must lose 1.5 million to get down to 41 million.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #38
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&GSpur View Post
The one thing that is of interest is Sidney,s contract. If his base is 8.5, his base must drop to get down to 41 million. Somewhere he must lose 1.5 million to get down to 41 million.
Here's what I found on it.

Quote:
7/29/2011: Signed a five-year, $41 million contract. The deal contains $18.5 million guaranteed, including a $6 million signing bonus and all of Rice's 2011 and 2012 base salaries. Another $3 million is available through escalators related to Pro Bowl appearances. 2013-2014: $8.5 million, 2015: $9 million, 2016: Free Agent

#LukeForMod

Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #39
USC3027
Walk On

Male

USC3027 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Uh, no. Rookies sign around a 4 year 22 mil dollar deal assuming he is the top pick.
You're forgetting about all the money he'll make from other QB's paying him not to hit them!

Oh and by the way, there's no assuming here......he will be the #1 pick!
USC3027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #40
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

What doe s Chris Culliver make? Lose the Super Bowl and everyone forgets you!