CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
garnet_black215
Master Bedroom
Gamecocks1137
CockyRyan
Regalcock
GamecockSuperFan
WeStillOwnUSC
B-G
StormOfTalons
Clemson Recruiting.. (3550)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1599)
Ranking the Opposing (1497)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1243)
Not a Rival.. (1104)
Gamecock Coaches as (972)
NCAA Football 15 (600)
Hello Gamecocks! (559)
Marching band (479)
John Rocker at rock (429)
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Green and Lammons
SEC Recruiting Advantage
Gurley or Davis
2015 - Mon Denson
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Galaxy vs Seatle
John Rocker at rock botto

Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #41
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs
Default Re: If you could change one play from the 2012 season, what would it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgamecock1981 View Post
Well I would definitely change the play where Marcus was injured so that it never happened. I can live with a loss to LSU if it meant Marcus didn't have to rehab again.
Indeed.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #42
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: If you could change one play from the 2012 season, what would it be?

The last LSU score, and change it to a TD going the other way.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #43
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

What I take away from this thread is that we were only one or two plays (hypothetically if everything else played out) from heading back to the SEC title game. That's both something that excites me and also brings me back to those moments of absolute rage when those bad plays occurred.

I still think that we would've risen to the challenge with Bama. Oh well, great thread, OP.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #44
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Not really changing a play. However, I would change the BS call on Legree interception of Tahj Boyd at Clempson. If Legree makes that pick, the rout was on. We might have won by 30.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #45
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 682
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

I'd take back the plays that we allowed clemson to score.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #46
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

All valid responses.

I'll toss this one in-anyone remember when Shaw overthrew Ace down the sideline in the UF game? It was still early in the game (7-0 or 7-3) and it seemed like things had settled down after the early chaos. Ace catches it, makes one move on the safety, and scores. Different game if Connor hits him. I remember when it happened thinking that would have been the play to turn it around. I want to say we ended up punting on that drive.
garnet_black215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #47
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
Lattimore not getting injured

^ This
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #48
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I was thinking the Shaw int. vs. lsu or the first play vs. fla or even the Vandy hit, because of the effect they had on our season, but if I had a choice to eliminate one play it would be the play Marcus got hurt.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #49
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
I don't see how anyone can pick a play other than this. As much as LSU neutralized our D Line from a physicality and gameplanning standpoint, I truly believe we get out of Baton Rouge with a W if not for Shaw's pick.

As many of you have mentioned, I would love to take back plays from the UF game. However, I'm not so sure that eliminating one play from that game changes the final outcome. There's a lot to be said for momentum shifts that can occur after a single play, but I really don't think a W was in the cards that day.

Let's just be happy that fortune seemed to be on our side over the majority of the season, because we could very well have finished with 3-4 total losses had a these plays turned out differently (missed PI call on Vandy's final drive, Jadaveon's strip of Bray on UT's final drive, Dylan's TD to Bruce w/ 17 sec left in OB Bowl)

They say good teams create their own luck, which is partially true. I guess I'm glad that we are a good team now, b/c damn did our gamecocks used to catch some bad breaks or what
The pick resulted in a LSU FG. The next drive is when we blew the LSU game. 3 and out, punt, LSU 50 yard td 1st play of that drive. So the play I would love to change is the D making that stop at the LOS then let that drive play out the way the rest did, LSU FG, we win!
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #50
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Marcus not getting his knee destroyed

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #51
Geechieboy
Recruit

Geechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his combGeechieboy is developing his comb

The one play I would change is the one where Lattimore got hurt. He deserved better than to go out like that.
Geechieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #52
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
I don't see how anyone can pick a play other than this. As much as LSU neutralized our D Line from a physicality and gameplanning standpoint, I truly believe we get out of Baton Rouge with a W if not for Shaw's pick.

As many of you have mentioned, I would love to take back plays from the UF game. However, I'm not so sure that eliminating one play from that game changes the final outcome. There's a lot to be said for momentum shifts that can occur after a single play, but I really don't think a W was in the cards that day.

Let's just be happy that fortune seemed to be on our side over the majority of the season, because we could very well have finished with 3-4 total losses had a these plays turned out differently (missed PI call on Vandy's final drive, Jadaveon's strip of Bray on UT's final drive, Dylan's TD to Bruce w/ 17 sec left in OB Bowl)

They say good teams create their own luck, which is partially true. I guess I'm glad that we are a good team now, b/c damn did our gamecocks used to catch some bad breaks or what
A lot of our rivals mention the missed pass interference call from Vandy, but I think Swearinger was intentionally trying to take it, he had no play on the ball and didn't have a good chance to really tackle him, so a senior would take the penalty, and get the next chance to stop them. DJ made the right play. The only TD Vandy scored that night was another huge play of, hmm, more than 40 yards, when Williams was beat deep, they weren't able to beat us when the field got short. If the penalty is called, our Defense holds and we still win, that is conjecture, but it is based on how both teams were playing. Anyone who watched that, and I know we all did, can't deny that intentionally negating the big play was the right call by Swearinger, and that more times than not, we still win.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #53
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
They've all been said at this point.

1) Latti's injury #1.
2) The fumble to start the UF game
3) The int vs LSU.
I agree on all three of these plays. Absolutely #1 is the#1 play I wish I could change.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #54
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
All valid responses.

I'll toss this one in-anyone remember when Shaw overthrew Ace down the sideline in the UF game? It was still early in the game (7-0 or 7-3) and it seemed like things had settled down after the early chaos. Ace catches it, makes one move on the safety, and scores. Different game if Connor hits him. I remember when it happened thinking that would have been the play to turn it around. I want to say we ended up punting on that drive.
I remember it, we punted.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #55
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

Even with a few plays left on the field, the UF game wasn't gonna be ours, because we wouldn't have ever been able to establish a run game. I think Lattimore had one good run out of his four and the other backs weren't finding much. By the end of the year we were able to gun for wins, but at that point, not so much. We all saw how far from big stage ready Thompson was, his performance was bad at UF, and Shaw was still getting his accuracy back. Anyone one of those overthrown passes at LSU, or the sack that put us out of FG range, or the late interceptions. Really, I wish Mettenberger hadn't lied to his D to light a fire under them. And guys talking about Lattimore, the OP said not to consider Lattimore in a later post somewhere on the first page, this is just about how to change the season outcome.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #56
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

The entire first half of the Florida game.
We don't give them that game, we win East and make it to Atlanta...and I like our chances against Alabama.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote