CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
5lbYardcock
b381l
bigdog2003
GSC2013
StormOfTalons
18IsTheMan
evan_aggie
The Yancey
GH
Do we have any shot (2585)
Carolina opens -15.5 (1884)
What changes can and (1432)
(50 minute Replay) U (1353)
Shaw: Check Out This (1296)
Don't tell me we don (1222)
Gamecocks claimed an (1128)
Gamecock football Lo (1065)
SOS Teleconference (970)
Tanner McEvoy should (941)
Gamecock football Long Te
who thinks we need a whol
Pirate Depth Chart
SOS Teleconference
Do we have any shot again
Connor Shaw Browns
Mike Davis "doubtful
Carolina opens -15.5
MLS almost ready for play
Japanese High School Base

Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #61
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who has the Breakout Year?

Kaiwan Lewis, Jerrell Adams, Mike Davis, and Deon Green
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #62
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Nobody has said Jimmy Legree but I look for him to take a big step forward next year.

On offense I will say Wilds. Kid has already shown mad skills.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #63
SHElikesMYCOCKS
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 575
SHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spurs

Jerrell Adams, Brison Williams, Shaq Roland, Kwinton Smith, Jordan Diggs
SHElikesMYCOCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #64
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHElikesMYCOCKS View Post
Jerrell Adams, Brison Williams, Shaq Roland, Kwinton Smith, Jordan Diggs
only if diggs can hold off bryant
Old 02-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #65
SHElikesMYCOCKS
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 575
SHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spursSHElikesMYCOCKS has earned his spurs

Diggs at spur Bryant olb Kaiwan Lewis in the middle.
SHElikesMYCOCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #66
USCBuckeye
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
USCBuckeye has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
If Mike Davis is having a breakout year then OL is doing much better, which is what I want. So we are in agreement.
I fully agree here. OL should be much better this year than last, experience is key at these positions.

Having said that Mike Davis should have a very nice year if he can avoid the RB injury bug (Wilds & Lattimore). Also, on offense I'm looking for Kwinton & Busta to have big years. With Rainey, Adams & Anderson, the tight end spot will again cause match up problems down the field.

On defense I'm looking for someone to step up at LB. Could be Cooper, Lewis, or Diggs but somebody has got to step up and lead the LB core.
USCBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #67
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBuckeye View Post
I fully agree here. OL should be much better this year than last, experience is key at these positions.

Having said that Mike Davis should have a very nice year if he can avoid the RB injury bug (Wilds & Lattimore). Also, on offense I'm looking for Kwinton & Busta to have big years. With Rainey, Adams & Anderson, the tight end spot will again cause match up problems down the field.

On defense I'm looking for someone to step up at LB. Could be Cooper, Lewis, or Diggs but somebody has got to step up and lead the LB core.
Rainey is being moved to LB where he played mostly in HS.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #68
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35-21 View Post
Offensively I have two candidates:

WR Kwinton Smith - There is no smoother route runner on this team. We are also desperate for size in the receiving corps. This guy is the real deal. I believe he is the best receiver out of last year's class (including Shaq).

RB Shon Carson - He has been sidelined each of the past two seasons. Often forgotten is the fact that, prior to his injury each year, this was the clear cut number 2 back on the team behind Marcus. If he stays healthy, this will be his year.

Defensively:

LB Kaiwan Lewis - This guy is big, strong, quick, and reads the run exceptionally well. An explosive and very violent tackler at a position that is lacking in the depth and experience departments.
agree with all of this. excellent picks. it will be interesting to see who has the better year, kwinton or shaq. to tell the truth i'm not sure at this point that kwinton isn't more talented than shaq. shaq got all of the headlines, but i remember last year, i think it was thompson who said that you just can't over throw kwinton. with a year in the system, i think he might just become our best wr. i'm not taking anything from shaq, and hope he lives up to his billing. but the upside on kwinton is off the charts. i have heard nothing but great things about lewis and cooper. with cooper being limited at the beginning of the year, i expect lewis to become a monster. i also expect one or two of the freshmen, walton, moore, johnson or bryant, to earn spots on the two deep. my biggest breakout player on defense, however, i expect rainy to come out of nowhere, and become our best lb. i think diggs will become the best spur, and martin will surprise many by earning a starting spot as the cb opposite hampton. i still think legree plays a lot, but martin will be better. if carson stays healthy, i think he will have a breakout year. in fact, i think he, wilds and davis will all have great seasons. and as stated already, our ol will finally have numbers and a ton of experienced talent to last all season long. if we can do what we've done with a patchwork ol the last two years, imagine what we can do with a really solid ol.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #69
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Brandon Wilds will have a breakout year.

Shaq Roland will have a breakout year.

Damiere Byrd will have a breakout year.

Connor Shaw (yes Connor Shaw) will have his best year.

Darius English will have a breakout year.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #70
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

A name no one has mentioned-Rico McWilliams.

If Gurley isn't back before fall practice starts, who starts at safety opposite of Williams?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:12 AM   #71
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I think all of the WR's will have breakout years. The passing game will be HUGE this year.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #72
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

No kj Brent, I am pulling for him hard. I have heard good things

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:49 AM   #73
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
A name no one has mentioned-Rico McWilliams.

If Gurley isn't back before fall practice starts, who starts at safety opposite of Williams?
I mentioned Rico ;)
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #74
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

this team has so much talent that it is easy to forget about guys you wanted to mention. yes, i believe rico and gurley will have great years. rico was setting up to have a great year last season before the injury, and the same might be said for gurley as well. the other thing was how well the special teams played at the end of the year. if johnson is as good as advertised, our st's might just be a huge weapon next season.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #75
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

Busta Anderson on offense will we so sick

On defense, I have to say Jimmy Legree will have a great year
Old 02-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #76
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
I mentioned Rico ;)
Missed that. Sorry about that.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #77
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Damiere Byrd
Gurley
Shaq Roland.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #78
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Breakout? You'll see Bryant have a good Freshman campaign. Jerrell Adams will do good, Rico depending on his recovery %. I see both Wilds/Davis will split carries almost evenly. And English will rack up good numbers once he gets a couple games under his belt. And I expect Diggs and Skai doing work.
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #79
jfbreb94
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Wilds, Nick, 7, golightly
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #80
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Missed that. Sorry about that.
Isn't Rico a corner back?

Last edited by cockypanther; 02-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote