CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
Latt7more
B-G
ReadR00ster
CoverTwo
b381l
Why is everyone anti (1575)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Just thought of some (962)
How did we not make (856)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (820)
Miss St. defense (745)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (628)
Flopping is reaching (377)
Roll call for Auburn (286)
Our Road Upset Wins
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat
Busta out indefinitely.
How did we not make it.
Miss St. defense
Recipe for success
Roll call for Auburn
SOS says his next stop is
Keith Stone (2016 Prospec

Old 02-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #101
JoeCock
4-Star

CockyCash: 500
JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit
Default Re: The Brendan Nosovitch & Connor Mitch Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
btw it is aaron. erin is the female spelling of the name.
Well, I guess my Son is going to be really pissed with me, when he figures this out. His middle name is spelled ERIN.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #102
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
i am so glad that we have 2 qbs for next year that i am not even thinking of these guys. they likely wont get a single snap in the fall.
This thread was about the spring, where these two will get the majority of the snaps.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:35 AM   #103
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCock View Post
Well, I guess my Son is going to be really pissed with me, when he figures this out. His middle name is spelled ERIN.
As a given name, Erin is used for both sexes, although, given its origins, it is principally used as a feminine forename. It first became a popular given name in the United States.[citation needed] Erin is also a name for Ireland in Welsh, and is one of the 20 most popular girls' names in Wales

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #104
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9283831
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCock View Post
WOW.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #105
snoopcockycock
Banned

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

i know that everyone seems to love the true pocket passer image of a qb, but i truly feel that the entire game is moving towards, the dual threat guys becoming the norm. and while i agree that mitch is going to be an awesome qb, i am much more interested in seeing what nos brings to the table this spring, and during the season. for those already counting him out, i would say you might not want to be too hasty on this. i think it's funny how so many keep saying that they don't pay attention to star rankings, but then totally judge guys based on those very rankings.
if nos would have run all over the country doing the camps, he would have been at the very least a four star qb. if you look at the records he broke in penn., and how he did it, you can't help but to be impressed. add to that the giddy demeanor the coaches take on when talking about his progress, and you have to be eager to see what this kid can actually do. i am so excited about this years spring game. much more so than at any time in the past. there are just too many storylines to watch for.
i don't think we have ever had this much qb talent at this university, and it's funny how it has seemed to synthesize right at the time when we are becoming loaded on the offensive line, and the other skill positions. there is a great chance that we will witness the most lethal offense in the history of this program within the next few years. can't wait for spring ball to begin.
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #106
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
it's funny how it has seemed to synthesize right at the time when we are becoming loaded on the offensive line
That's debatable. If the line does finally live up to it's billing, then so will the qb's.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #107
RAVEN
Banned

Male

RAVEN is sharpening his clawsRAVEN is sharpening his clawsRAVEN is sharpening his clawsRAVEN is sharpening his clawsRAVEN is sharpening his claws

Nosovitch is going to blow spurriers mind after the spring game. watch and see. shaws legs with thompson's arm. what more can you ask for? seriously
RAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #108
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Some Gamecock fans need to learn to enjoy the moment and trust the coaches to put the best players on the field.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #109
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

On tape brendan doesnt really have that strong of an arm. I feel like the ball hung up a bunch
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #110
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
On tape brendan doesnt really have that strong of an arm. I feel like the ball hung up a bunch
What tape is that? If you mean high school, he's had a full year of our S&C program with GA Mangus as a coach. The spring game will be in April, that will be a much truer picture of his arm strength.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #111
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphilip View Post
Noso won't ever see the field (as a starter), Mitch is the future
Please inform me about the companies that you invest in, so that I can avoid them based on your rash judgments which have NO support whatsoever. Not saying that you are wrong, but there is nothing to support your prediction at this time. We will all see.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #112
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
I'm not sure how you can state this as a fact without seeing Nosovitch compete for the job. All I've heard (read) is how high the coaching staff is on Noso and how well he's played against the 1st team defense on the scout team. Hate to see any gamecock fan write him off before he's even had a single Spring practice.

I expect to see Noso replace Strickland as the holder on PATs and FGs since he is very mobile, can throw well especially on the run, and possess a bigger threat of a fake FG.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #113
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
I expect to see Noso replace Strickland as the holder on PATs and FGs since he is very mobile, can throw well especially on the run, and possess a bigger threat of a fake FG.
This could very well happen.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #114
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN View Post
Nosovitch is going to blow spurriers mind after the spring game. watch and see. shaws legs with thompson's arm. what more can you ask for? seriously

Taneyhill's Hair
Old 02-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #115
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
Taneyhill's Hair
yes, yes and more yes. and smelley's name.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #116
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
I wouldn't say Nosovitch has a "big" arm per se, but I wouldn't say he has a noodle arm either. After watching the long highlight tape that shows all four years of his days playing high school ball, I thought the difference in the zip on the ball was incredible from freshman to senior years, and I saw a good bit of improvement from junior to senior, so I don't think it's beyond the scope of possibility to think he could've improved his arm strength just as much from his senior year in high school to his "sophomore" year in college considering he will have had a full year in school working with the coaches.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #117
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

man, he can fly. and he seems to have a bit of.....i'm going to say it....... swag.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #118
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

its crap like this that makes me hate the offseason... lol
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #119
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
its crap like this that makes me hate the offseason... lol
the "off" in offseason makes me hate offseason
Old 02-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #120
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I'm really excited about both of these guys. The spring game is going to be fun to watch if these two get most of the snaps.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote