CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ra742002
ccured
The Yancey
GSC2013
cockthehammer
Gamecock football Lo (2239)
Mike Davis "dou (2082)
The Demise of the 3- (1405)
Gamecocks D staff re (1364)
Pirate Depth Chart (1002)
Past SEC Champions w (970)
who thinks we need a (960)
Reginald Bowens (692)
East Carolina Predic (690)
Why didn't Wes Green (658)
The Demise of the 3-4
Carolina opens -15.5
Gamecocks claimed and re-
What would be your defini
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Mike Davis "doubtful
Did we ever go after Kenn
Past SEC Champions who ha
East Carolina Prediction
Eastern Michigan's Concre

Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
geromeo77
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
geromeo77 has feathers coming ingeromeo77 has feathers coming ingeromeo77 has feathers coming in
Default USC/ CU game at Fluor Field Help

Hey guys, me and a handful of friends are wanting to go to the game March 2 but none of us are in the Gamecock club for tickets. Will they eventually sale them to the general public or will they only sale to GC members the whole time?
geromeo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: USC/ CU game at Fluor Field Help

Pretty sure they will go public it's just a perk of being in the gamecock club to get first pick

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

As long as it doesn't sell out first.....which I would think is pretty likely.
treys1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

CockyCash: 590
IHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to IHateOrange

They usually don't go on sale to the public.

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Memo to Lane Kiffin: Seven Gamecocks were selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, delaying any possible careers at the gas station.
IHateOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateOrange View Post
They usually don't go on sale to the public.
Not bashing you, but if that's the case that makes absolutely no sense. Especially if the public is willing to purchase.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

I have heard it sells out. It is such a great game to go to. I hope I can get a couple of tickets as well> I am not in the Gamecock Club either.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Not bashing you, but if that's the case that makes absolutely no sense. Especially if the public is willing to purchase.
He was saying that it usually sells out between Gamecock Club and whatever Clemson gets. The game here is the same way, only GC and then the public if any Standing room only is left.

For $55 a year, everyone really should join the GC. That's less than $5 a month to get access to things like this and you get to support the school. Should be a no-brainer if you support USC.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #8
clemsux614
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
clemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by geromeo77 View Post
Hey guys, me and a handful of friends are wanting to go to the game March 2 but none of us are in the Gamecock club for tickets. Will they eventually sale them to the general public or will they only sale to GC members the whole time?
Standing room only is usually offered to the public for the same price as the grass seats. So thankful i am a member of the gamecock club! Hope you are able attend though. We need all the gamecocks in the stadium we can get!
clemsux614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

They went to the public the first year but wolf out before last year. From what I've heard so far, they expect them to go public this year.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

They're not going to be available to the public. The Drive expects the tickets to sell out very quickly, so selling them to the public wouldn't be an option anyway. It was done this way the past two years as well.

And, if memory serves, I'm pretty sure that USC/Clemson baseball tickets to all 3 games are only available to the GC/IPTAY/students.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

That being said, check out Craigslist in a couple weeks. I guarantee they'll be some on there for face. And if all else fails, it's not that far from Laurens to Greenville. You'll find some in the parking lot just as you will every game.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #12
TazChris
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
TazChris has earned his spursTazChris has earned his spursTazChris has earned his spursTazChris has earned his spursTazChris has earned his spursTazChris has earned his spurs

The first year it was in Greenville, I called the Drive box office and asked about tickets. Their response was that half went to Carolina, half went to Clemson. They also set aside some for the Drive season ticket holders. They stated that each university was responsible for selling tickets and Carolina only sold to GC members.

Now, that being said, I have had family members walk up day of the game and buy gen admission seats, basically the grass section in left field.

Chris
"I only came here to beat #1 teams."
-Andy Demetra (via Twitter)
TazChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #13
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

Ya'll can give me some rep points for this (hint hint)...but for the past two years I have gotten a friend who is an iptay member to buy me tickets for my family because there won't be any left for non club members...year before last I had 11 garnet clad fans there with iptay tickets...tell me that aint worth mad props!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #14
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 63000
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit

On a somewhat related note, I called the ticket office on Friday to get two tickets to the Saturday Arkansas game. I was told that the university sold around 10,000 season tickets for baseball, Which is strange because the stadium only has 6,400 seats with a max capacity of about 9,000.
Anyway, the lady said they had some single seat tickets for sale to the public but if I wanted two tickets I would have to purchase standing room only seats.
I would expect this to be the case for all of our home games this year.
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

CU? Why are we playing Colorado at Fluor field? I didn't think they even had a baseball team....

Old 02-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #16
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolley View Post
On a somewhat related note, I called the ticket office on Friday to get two tickets to the Saturday Arkansas game. I was told that the university sold around 10,000 season tickets for baseball, Which is strange because the stadium only has 6,400 seats with a max capacity of about 9,000.
Anyway, the lady said they had some single seat tickets for sale to the public but if I wanted two tickets I would have to purchase standing room only seats.
I would expect this to be the case for all of our home games this year.

As a half scholarship Gamecock Club member I can tell you this is true. All seats are sold out for the season. There are a few outfield bleacher seats left, but most is going to end up being SRO.

Unfortunately, expansion isn't going to be coming anytime soon as we have bigger projects infron of us.

IMO, Tanner needs to raise ticket prices. The deman is so high and raising ticket prices could help get us money towards a much needed expansion. We need about 8,500 seats at Carolina Stadium IMO
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #17
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

^the stadium doesn't need to expand IMO. we just need all 9,000 fans that own the tickets to either A) go to more games including mid-week and non-sec weekend games or B) give away/sell you tickets to gamecock fans who would love to go. I hate going and seeing all of the "best" seats behind home plate empty because the season ticket holders only come for the clemson and florida games.(i know that some of you do go to all of them) Other than those big series weekends i've never heard of anyone not being able to find tickets outside the gates
Old 02-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
^the stadium doesn't need to expand IMO. we just need all 9,000 fans that own the tickets to either A) go to more games including mid-week and non-sec weekend games or B) give away/sell you tickets to gamecock fans who would love to go. I hate going and seeing all of the "best" seats behind home plate empty because the season ticket holders only come for the clemson and florida games.(i know that some of you do go to all of them) Other than those big series weekends i've never heard of anyone not being able to find tickets outside the gates

But you are missing out on more money buy not having more seats available to be sold. The tickets are all sold and there is a demand for more.

It doesn't matter if you go to all games. If you are buying season tickets for baseball then yo are already contributing. GOing to 30+ home games is hard for most. Very few could attend all
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #19
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

As Ross said, the stadium does not need to be expanded for the very reason listed. Most cryin''expand'' won't come to the small games either. Also, have a few seasons of not making it to the City that shall not be named and you'll have no problem getting tickets. Those that discovered Gamecock Baseball on June 29, 2010 at 11:36 pm ET will forget it just as quick.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

We'll expand when absolutely no tickets are to be had, and not a minute sooner.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote