CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
Badazcock
henmania
ACPhilson
gamecockgal
Polls (3803)
Gameday Sign Ideas (3766)
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Dylan Thompson's pas (2142)
ST coach fired this (2092)
SEC East Race as of (1707)
Let's talk about Mat (1312)
Celebrity Guest Pick (1104)
Hardest Schedule (1101)
"Next week....& (674)
USC -6 vs. Mizzou
Gameday Sign Ideas
Dylan Thompson's passing
D line pressure
ST coach fired this week
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Upgraded/Premium Seating?
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Winston
7:30 kickoff for Kentucky

Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #21
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dexter Wideman Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
Was visited by Lawing and Muschamp at his highschool yesterday.

This is why I hated that Lawing going to Florida. I wish him the best in his personal life but def not as a coach. He'll now be recruiting against us as a coach at a divisional rival.

As if there weren't enough def tackles in Florida, he has to come to our state.

Thanks Coach Lawing!
Coaches drop by schools all the time. Doesn't mean they will land that particular recruit. I've read more than once that we lead for Wideman.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #22
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Coaches drop by schools all the time. Doesn't mean they will land that particular recruit. I've read more than once that we lead for Wideman.
Our Coaches have the ammunition to counter anything Lawing can say. As great a Coach as he is things he has recently done show a lack of character and trust. That bit of information could cripple him from recruiting SC if our Coaches choose to use that info against him.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #23
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Wait Lawing is recruiting? Who would've thought...
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #24
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
Wait Lawing is recruiting? Who would've thought...
Exactly, I don't keep up with recruiting skills very closely, but wasn't that an issue anyway? If he couldn't close deals here, it shouldn't be any different somewhere else.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #25
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Our Coaches have the ammunition to counter anything Lawing can say. As great a Coach as he is things he has recently done show a lack of character and trust. That bit of information could cripple him from recruiting SC if our Coaches choose to use that info against him.
This is what I was trying to get at. I for one think its kind of a dirty move. Two weeks ago Lawing was recruiting him to SC
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #26
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Yeah one reason we were leading bc Lawing was his recruiter. It's widely known that were in the lead bc of Lawing, and then we he left it affected our standing.

We still have a good shot at landing him, I just want people to realize the implications of Lawing going to Florida.

And don't forget Muschamp is a hell of a recruiter and he was with Lawing on the visit. Lawing may not be the best closer but Muschamp def is
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #27
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I don't see a problem with lawing recruiting him. We've got a full cycle to let it play out and I'm not too worried about it. If he was trying to poach current commits that is ethically questionable, but guys a year out are fair game. The man's gotta' eat.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #28
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah one reason we were leading bc Lawing was his recruiter. It's widely known that were in the lead bc of Lawing, and then we he left it affected our standing.

We still have a good shot at landing him, I just want people to realize the implications of Lawing going to Florida.

And don't forget Muschamp is a hell of a recruiter and he was with Lawing on the visit. Lawing may not be the best closer but Muschamp def is
I thought Mangus had been Wideman's lead recruiter all along....he even mentions Mangus in one of his blurbs up above...

Plus Florida hasn't been mentioned in any of the above postings as recruiting him, offering him, or even showing interest. Sounds like they are getting into it with Wideman pretty late in the process...
Old 01-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #29
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I thought Mangus had been Wideman's lead recruiter all along....he even mentions Mangus in one of his blurbs up above...

Plus Florida hasn't been mentioned in any of the above postings as recruiting him, offering him, or even showing interest. Sounds like they are getting into it with Wideman pretty late in the process...
Mangus might be his recruiter but wideman liked Lawing and that was his position coach.

Spurrier and Mangus are supposed to be coming by his school today.

Kenny Powers
Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 PM   #30
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

I just get bothered by people who say they don't mind that Lawing went to Florida. I think it was a chump move, personal reasons or not. My reasoning is bc he has the opportunity to get our in state guys to a team we play every year. Not to mention he now works for one of the best recruiters in the SEC in Muschamp.

Not just recruiting implications, but all the inside knowledge, game plans, and strategies that he has about our team that will now be used by Florida. Y would anybody be ok w that?

Now he's poaching our recruits. I guess y'all r ok w that

Kenny Powers

Last edited by BornCocky'86; 01-31-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #31
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Dexter Wideman

favorite according to TBS
Old 02-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #32
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Wideman vs Zeus Brown....Zeus is a bad man. Wideman does better against another OL. Pringle is also on the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6M...e_gdata_player
Old 02-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #33
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Something tells me we won't use it......not Spurrier's style.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #34
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Wideman vs Zeus Brown....Zeus is a bad man. Wideman does better against another OL. Pringle is also on the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6M...e_gdata_player
Zeus Brown... Wow.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #35
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:

But I thought people were saying that Lawing wasn't a good recruiter any more.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #36
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Zeus Brown... Wow.
Yeah, he's not just big, he's good too.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #37
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
But I thought people were saying that Lawing wasn't a good recruiter any more.
he was never an ace recruiter, and we replaced him with an bona fide ace... even if it hurts us here with Wideman, we made an upgrade over Lawing.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #38
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Zeus Brown... Wow.
Yeah. Exactly what I said. I know it is a DT vs OT, but Zeus is dominant.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #39
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Something tells me we won't use it......not Spurrier's style.

I have a hunch the info will get to the Wideman family whether our staff uses it or not...twitter rocks

As for Lawing leaving, i think its a plus in the short and long term...He wont hurt our recruiting, since we have limited scholarships to offer this season...Only 5 seniors on the 2013 squad...My guess we will only sign 13-15 players...The state of SC is loaded this year...Plus we will do well in bordering states...

As for on field strategies, Muschamp is one of the most overrated gameday coaches in the SEC...Trust me Lawing wont help much...UF will have a well coached Dline and a team that will get Muschamp fired within 2 years...Just watch....
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #40
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

Chris Clark says Wideman picked up a FSU offer today and he'll be in contact with them today.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote