CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
Spurticus
Bobby Boucher
spareparts
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
The Yancey
Sindarius Thornwell (1099)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (803)
Well gameday just go (561)
Happy Birthday, Coac (499)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (428)
Your most famous twi (399)
Athlon Ranks the SEC (385)
South Carolina @ Aub (264)
Softball takes final (180)
Lattimore's return. (128)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 Commitment - Shameik
Lattimore's return. An ar
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
How to cut the mustard
17 Ridiculous Kitchen Gad
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4

View Poll Results: Who is your Favorite
Ryan Brewer 135 78.03%
Syvelle Newton 38 21.97%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Ryan Brewer vs. Syvelle Newton

Welcome to the

Cockytalk Favorite Player (2000 and current) Round 1 part 2

Use this thread to make your argument for who is your favorite player between Ryan Brewer and Syvelle Newton
Old 02-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #2
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ryan Brewer vs. Syvelle Newton

Alright Look man i know i stated i wanted the people who were to be voted on to be close but this is just redonkulous with Norwood vs Clowney and now Brewer vs Newton. Man it's to early in the morning for this !!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

This is the toughest so far.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I gotta go with Brewer. Single handedly made OSU his bitch, flipping a d player over his shoulder and pissing in the face of his home state school that didn't want him, state POY in Ohio high school I believe, and he showed them what they missed. Outback MVP, 3 TD's. In Yo face Ohio State!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
I gotta go with Brewer. Single handedly made OSU his bitch, flipping a d player over his shoulder and pissing in the face of his home state school that didn't want him, state POY in Ohio high school I believe, and he showed them what they missed. Outback MVP, 3 TD's. In Yo face Ohio State!

Yep, this play is immediately what I think of when I hear his name. I was at that outback bowl and loved every second of that game!

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
KC85
Banned

Male

KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

The flip will always be with me.
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

I don't think I can vote in this one, too close to call in my book.
WE_ARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Ryan was/is a high character guy. He gave it his all everytime he touched the rock. He was on the team that turned the corner the first time... if that makes sense. Brewer is one of my alltime fav Gamecocks for sure
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
jared
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Ryan was my first favorite player ever for the Gamecocks
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Newton was a real talent and gave his all for the team, but Brewer seemed to get the most from the least. He always seemed to play much bigger, stronger, and faster than he actually was because of his heart.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Ryan Brewer was / still is, one of my all time favorite Gamecock football
players. The guy was a blue collar, all heart player. EVERY SINGLE GAME
he played in, he gave you 100% of himself. It didn't matter what you
asked him to do, he did it, and did it at the Maximum of his abilities. I wish
1/2 of the players we have on our roster now had Ryan's heart. We'd
win a National title or two.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb

Ryan Brewer is one of my all time favorite Gamecocks, so this is easy. I wish Syvelle Newton could have been on better teams. He was outstanding. But, hard to argue with winners, and back-to-back bowl victories over Ohio State is winning.
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Brew Daddy....I did like Newton...He did anything asked of him...Great Gamecocks either way...
Old 02-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Syvelle was an outstanding athlete. I have never seen one player see so many different starting positions in their playing career. QB, RB, WR, Safety. That my friends is impressive.
Ryan Brewer is my favorite out of the two. That guy was a cannonball.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #15
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Syvelle was an outstanding athlete. I have never seen one player see so many different starting positions in their playing career. QB, RB, WR, Safety. That my friends is impressive.
Ryan Brewer is my favorite out of the two. That guy was a cannonball.
a really slow cannonball
Old 02-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #16
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Mr. Ohio Football. I met his folks at the Kentucky game. Nice People.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #17
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
This...
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #18
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Tough matchup for Newton here. Brewer was just such a class guy and his legend was built in the big bowl wins which were the start of the new era of Carolina football.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #19
NavyCock16
Recruit

Male

NavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spurs

Its hard to go against Ryan Brewer - he has a given me smack talking material against every annoying OSU fan for over 10 years now. But he drove that mid 90s trans am around campus where someone tried to beef up the exhaust but royally F'd it up and made it sound absolutely horrible. You could tell he was coming from a block away!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #20
NavyCock16
Recruit

Male

NavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spurs

I need some help on this one... Was Syvelle's 1st start at QB the Auburn game? I remember their defense had no clue how to stop him... To the point where they did that onside kick and kept the ball for the whole 3rd quarter. I believe with time running out he hit a wide open tight end in the end zone right between the numbers but he dropped it (Jared Cook?)

That was a heartbreaker... along with the florida game that year...