CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
DTGCOCKS#32
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
The Yancey
Pw00132
carolinacocky
HBC Weekly Presser (1249)
Thompson Has Neck In (1109)
Funny? (1031)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (623)
What fish do you eat (576)
KY Suspends 4 Player (512)
Clowney didnt get ma (424)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (372)
4th & 1 Play (348)
Funny?
State talent drying up
QB Recruiting Strategy
HBC Weekly Presser
10-2
Defer Or Not?
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Thompson Has Neck Injury
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Straight From The Horses Mouth

Some quotes from Coach Martin's post game presser after the Tenn loss.

"Florida embarrassed us."

"Kentucky treated us like a red-headed step child."

"We act like little kids."

And the most compelling quote of all was:

"If you run away when the night is darkest, I don't want you around when the sun comes out."

He does go on to say he's an optimistic and we have been close to winning seven of ten conf. games. We just need more discipline and to become tougher.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...skbl-body.html

Last edited by Travelin; 02-11-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Re: Straight From The Horses Mouth

He also went on to say he's had JV HS teams that ran their offense better than we do.

And asked why Williams and L' Chat didn't play, he shook his head and said, "Do you think I should have played them?'
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

No sugar coating there.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Brutally honest.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
cockypirate
captain of this ship

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talons

I kept a eye on frank during the Tenn game, and he looked very out of it. He didn't even watch half the time, he just looked down at the floor. Only time i seen him get involved in the game was when he would yell MOVE, when we were on offense, the guys who didn't have the ball were just standing around. I'm not bashing him, i think he is the bast thing that happened to SC in a long time, but he just seems like he has already chalked this season up as over.

Time to nut up or shut up!!
Stay feisty, DIE HARD!!
cockypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypirate View Post
I kept a eye on frank during the Tenn game, and he looked very out of it. He didn't even watch half the time, he just looked down at the floor. Only time i seen him get involved in the game was when he would yell MOVE, when we were on offense, the guys who didn't have the ball were just standing around. I'm not bashing him, i think he is the bast thing that happened to SC in a long time, but he just seems like he has already chalked this season up as over.

I don't believe that for a minute. And I refuse to see this season as a failure or in any negative light. How would you like to be on the receiving end of Frank Martin ? He's doing work................
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

This team needs A LOT of work on discipline in the fundamentals of making layups, grabbing rebounds, etc. 3 guys around a basket and still couldn't come up with a rebound with one UT guy there?

Of course, we are missing the presence of a big man.

Year three should be the big year for Martin. I am looking forward to improvements next season. It is difficult to get guys to change so quickly. Carrera is great, but he is a freshman and one guy can't do it all.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
KC85
Banned

Male

KC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudlyKC85 is crowing loudly

We need better players.
KC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Not surprised by this at all. We knew this was gonna be a long season without a lot of wins, and its working out that way. Hopefully the new guys coming in can play right away.

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

I expect to see some of the incoming recruits to get a good bit of PT next year
Old 02-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #11
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC85 View Post
We need better players.
Bingo. Not much more mysterious than that.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #12
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Lol well when you come from a Winning program to US! I can imagine it gets disappointing to say the least. Our guys look like they have concrete shoes! Really pisses me off to watch them play!
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #13
cockypirate
captain of this ship

Male

cockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talons

We didn't have a answer for #5 he was just to big and physical and when we double teamed him we got called for foul. I like the player carrera is turning out to be, reminds me of Joakim Noah.

Time to nut up or shut up!!
Stay feisty, DIE HARD!!
cockypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #14
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

when carrera is a sixth man then i will be impressed. he is great for us now but he would be a seventh man at best for a real good team. that is how bad we are. frank is working towards a turn around.

the problem is that we gave no choice but to use some of these guys next year. that is painful.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #15
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

That was what, game 23? Several weeks of practice and 23 games, and these guys still cannot execute Martin's offense. Neither can they play defense. Need new players.

Carrera is the only guy on this team that I would definately want back next year. I wouldn't mind if Chatkevicius, Kacinas, and Geathers stayed, but I wouldn't be very disappointed if they left either. Any of the other players who are playing this year will not be missed if they choose to leave. And I don't say that with any joy. I would love it if everyone we recruit had a fine career at USC. Sadly, that is just not going to always be the case. The truth is, we need better players than most of what we currently have. Sad to say.

Last edited by thumpin big; 02-11-2013 at 12:41 PM.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

I wonder if he has send Darrin Horn a thank you card yet.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypirate View Post
Maybe, but I think that's the wrong conclusion. If you had his intensity, you wouldn't watch much either. He's just keeping himself in check. If not, he'd probably be yelling all the time.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #18
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Some quotes from Coach Martin's post game presser after the Tenn loss.

"Florida embarrassed us." -

"Kentucky treated us like a red-headed step child."

"We act like little kids."

And the most compelling quote of all was:

"If you run away when the night is darkest, I don't want you around when the sun comes out."

He does go on to say he's an optimistic and we have been close to winning seven of ten conf. games. We just need more discipline and to become tougher.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...skbl-body.html
The way he coaches is embarrassing.

He treats his players like a red-headed step child.

He acts like a little kid.
Mt. Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #19
pastorsheehan
Walk On

Male

pastorsheehan is learning to peckpastorsheehan is learning to peck

Frank Martin is very intense. Yes. He is a winner. Yes. My question is this: Is he too intense to take on such a program and build a winner? Will he get so frustrated that he explodes? Just wondering...GO GAMECOCKS! (PLease, don't destroy me for the inquiry...LOL)
pastorsheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #20
Rebel4ever
Banned

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Imagine coming from a steady tourney team in K-State with talent to coming to a program with no talent say for a few. I can't blame Coach Martin for being frustrated. They can't seem to pick up his system and make bad plays. He's not used to this but as long as he gets his players, and starting to do that, we will be good. It's year one. If we have these complaints 3 years from now, then it's time to panic, again.
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote