CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
ConwayGamecock
Sandstorm29
Gamecocks1137
aftertwobowls
Travelin
Cocks N Stuff
GarnetSwarm1990
Cockypantherfan
robgusc76
UF lets Durkin go (2432)
The U ends apparel d (1024)
Marquavius Lewis (726)
Wilds & Carson B (609)
Keeping it all in pe (528)
How Long Will The Re (382)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (303)
2015 - Jeremiah Dins (286)
Restaurant musts in (265)
S & F article on (260)
Bowl Tickets On Sale Now
The U ends apparel deal w
Wilds & Carson Back f
2015 - Mark Fields
Marquavius Lewis
The Vent and Coaching cha
Restaurant musts in NYC
2015 - Ulric Jones
How Long Will The Rebuild
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite
Jadeveon Clowney 172 80.00%
Eric Norwood 43 20.00%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Jadeveon Clowney vs. Eric Norwood

Welcome to the

Cockytalk Favorite Player (2000 and current) Round 1 part 2

Use this thread to make your argument for who is your favorite player between Jadeveon Clowney and Eric Norwood

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:41 AM   #2
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4
Default Re: Jadeveon Clowney vs. Eric Norwood

why do I have to choose?

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Welcome to the

Cockytalk Favorite Player (2000 and current) Round 1 part 2

Use this thread to make your argument for who is your favorite player between Jadeveon Clowney and Eric Norwood
I like and respect both gentlemen equally. What gives when there is no way to vote for them here?
CockOla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #4
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockOla View Post
I like and respect both gentlemen equally. What gives when there is no way to vote for them here?
eenie meenie miney mo? close your eyes and click? defer to greater minds?

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 AM   #5
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Why are my two favorite defensive players pitted against each other so early on???
Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 AM   #6
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Damn you Johnny... this is the hardest decision ever !!!!
I went with Norwood. He was the guy that got things rolling for recruits to look at. He also was a super nice guy and I had the pleasure of eating with him one night at the hooter's off broad river. Jd will be one of the greatest but on this one i went with norwood.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #7
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 200400
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material

I went with Clowney, prematurely :( I look back and Norwood played big time, and is one of those high class, high character, and highly athlethic guys that Spurrier used to make our foundation of recent success.

Who can forget this?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

yeah... Clowney and it wasn't even close.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
Coop2Cocky
Walk On

Male

Coop2Cocky has hatched from the shell

I love Eric Norwood's heart and passion for the game. His constant motor motivated the other players around him to up their game. But Clowney is now a "house-hold name" around the country! We're talking about a guy who could've been a #1 overall draft pick as a sophomore. Some, including the HBC, said he could've/would've been a 1st round pick out of high school if the rules allowed it...And the scary thing is...the kid is still getting BETTER!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 939000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Being in the minority on this one doesn't bother me too much. Everybody knows JD is the man. But today, I give the nod to Eric and his cumulative body of work.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Norwood needs votes for what he did at Carolina.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 997834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I went with Norwood because he kind of started the turn-around for the team. Until he committed to stay for his senior year the team had started to look like it was the same old Carolina, but after that it seems like everything has been getting better every year.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Tough matchup for Eric, I don't think clowney should be on this yet but he'll beat anybody he goes up againsy
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #14
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Eric for his personality.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #15
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Clowney. I've seen this man in person win games for us. And after watching him take Boyd down 4.5 times on the road, he gets my vote.

(I'm a newer gamecock student/fan. I'm slowly learning about our football history, but for me the newer names will get my nods! Besides Pat Demarco, went to my high school)
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

This is the toughest matchup. In a world of what have you done for me lately Clowney is the freshest in everyone's mind but Norwood was just a perfect example of a guy that worked hard and benefited from the coaches really using him to his maximum potential.

In the end though I voted for Clowney because he's just so fun to watch. He has speed rush ability, he can overpower some guys and he can make inside moves as well. Norwood was a guy you had to watch for where he lined up and make adjustments but Clowney is a guy that you know where he's coming from and teams still struggle with slowing him down.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Norwood was a beast, there is no doubt about that. Unfortunately, Clowney is once every 20 years kind of talent. When we're on defense and a play starts, I watch Clowney. When Norwood was playing, I just watched the play develop. Now I find my self keying in on Clowney until the ball is released or its a run.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #18
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I feel dirty voting in this poll
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #19
uscbrasco
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 510
uscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spurs

This should have been a much later round match up. I refuse to vote...just to hard too decide.
uscbrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #20
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

unccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talons

What's Eric doing today?....
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote