CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
2000grad
Kaka
Captain9Dragons
carolina_corpsman
spareparts
Spotter22
gAmkok
Pw00132
ESPN is mad that USC (3619)
Vandy, Missouri, Ken (3132)
Mike Davis (2325)
Terrible Officiating (1463)
Cack's Toast of the (1444)
Worse 1st and goal p (1150)
USC -21 and a hook @ (979)
If (big IF) we can w (873)
USC vs Mizzou on CBS (697)
How the top 25 SHOUL (664)
Mike Davis
No Gurley near the goal l
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
Terrible Officiating.
Cooper
CockyTalk Football Pickem
4-Star WR opts for soccer
20 of 31 former players s
Brad Guzan
Really excited to visit t

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #2861
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 - Da'Shawn Hand

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...y-star-recruit

SI article in the truth and rumors section.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #2862
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Naquez Pringle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
If Crosby and Ritchie choose us we will certainly take both....Both are great athletes...Some feel Crosbys future is linebacker anyways...We will see how it shakes out
Straight from a Coach at USC they will only take 1 TE in this class. They do not have the need or the room for two TE's.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #2863
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb
Default Re: 2014 - Naquez Pringle

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Straight from a Coach at USC they will only take 1 TE in this class. They do not have the need or the room for two TE's.
Lets say Ritchie commits first...Then Kevin Crosby calls the coaches up and says i want to be a Gamecock...Do you seriously believe SOS would not find a scholly for him???
Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #2864
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb
Default Re: 2014 - Christian Miller

Don't listen to Corey Millers radio show...But if he publically bad mouths USC that way, lord only knows what he says to his son privately...I wish his son well whereever he goes...One thing i know for sure...We can win at least 11 games without him
Old 02-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #2865
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 - Drew Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I based my posted on what he said.....believe what you like.
Dude, Spurrier has never said he was retiring after Mitch's career is done. Thus your post was based on pure speculation (and silly speculation, in my opinion).

Spurrier has expressed just as much excitement about Nosovitch as he has about Mitch, which helps to illustrate just how absurd this concept is. His decision will not be tied to one player--it will be about Spurrier's own ambition, commitment, and legacy, period.

Spurrier wanted to break the USC wins record. Done. Now he is on record as saying he wants 100 wins here. This is based on documented quotes, not speculation. After he achieves that, I believe the goal of breaking Bear Bryant's SEC wins record will be enough to keep him motivated, and it will be within reach. This would easily carry him well past the length of Barker's career. Based on Spurrier's history of raising his goals--and the fact that he seems to be having as much fun as ever--this makes a hell of a lot more sense than the "retire after Mitch is done" baloney.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #2866
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgallup View Post
I think Taneyhill was top 1 or 2 in country
There were less scouting services back then, but he was not ranked that high. I clearly recall him being listed as the 17th ranked QB by one service (I was happy with that), and being somewhere in the top 20 with another. He was a top 20 QB, but not top 5 (and definitely not top 1 or 2).
Old 02-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #2867
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Dude, Spurrier has never said he was retiring after Mitch's career is done. Thus your post was based on pure speculation (and silly speculation, in my opinion).

Spurrier has expressed just as much excitement about Nosovitch as he has about Mitch, which helps to illustrate just how absurd this concept is. His decision will not be tied to one player--it will be about Spurrier's own ambition, commitment, and legacy, period.

Spurrier wanted to break the USC wins record. Done. Now he is on record as saying he wants 100 wins here. This is based on documented quotes, not speculation. After he achieves that, I believe the goal of breaking Bear Bryant's SEC wins record will be enough to keep him motivated, and it will be within reach. This would easily carry him well past the length of Barker's career. Based on Spurrier's history of raising his goals--and the fact that he seems to be having as much fun as ever--this makes a hell of a lot more sense than the "retire after Mitch is done" baloney.

+1.

Just note to ignore b381l posts as they tend to harbor negative/ulterior motives about Gamecock Football Program and coaches.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #2868
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

IMO if we "miss" on Baker it will not be a huge loss. The last really big time player from this area on KY that really did anything was Shaun Alexander. I guess one could make a case for Lorenzen. Anyway HS from that area out side of Highlands HS, get mauled when they cross the river to play vs Cincinnati HS. Now I am not saying the kid is not talented, but I think his learning curve maybe a bit high than expected.

On a side note I said some of the samething about Zeke Pike last eyar and was flammed for it, just want to say the kid is not trying to play Tight End at Louisville, not QB
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #2869
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
You say we have 2 really good QBs for the future and I'm assuming you mean Mitch and Nosovitch who haven't taken a college snap yet. They are promising and full of potential but that doesn't mean they will reach it and you can't assume that they will.
You also can't assume that they won't, so what's your point?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #2870
CheckYoAnklez
Walk On

Male

CheckYoAnklez has feathers coming inCheckYoAnklez has feathers coming inCheckYoAnklez has feathers coming in
Default Re: The Official 2014 'Who is Left?' Thread

Here's who I think we land in this 2014 class. (If we can only sign 15, is true)
QB: I think Drew Barker ends up with Kentucky (Stoops will use the up and rising pitch) so I think we'll get Tyler Harris.
RB: I believe, we only take 1. That'll be Derrell Scott
HB/FB: Joe blue, of course.
WR: Shaq Davidson, Braxton Berrios, and Isaiah Ford
TE: Kalan Ritchie or Kevin Crosby (probably both, I could see Crosby playing Linebacker)
OL: Bentley Spain and Donell Stanley
DL: Dexter Wideman and Naquez Pringle
LB: Deshaun Davis and like I said, I believe Crosby will be the other LB. (We don't get BAW because he wants to play with Nick Glass and I think he stays with UGA)
CB: Darin Smalls or Dominique Brown
S: Denzel Franklin.

I know most of you probably disagree with me, about the whole BAW thing but I really believe he ends up wherever Glass ends up. Give me your opinion!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #2871
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilson View Post
You also can't assume that they won't, so what's your point?
Actually that is exactly what you assume. With QB recruiting you hope for the best with your current roster but prepare for the worst. It is that important of a position. You can't be satisfied with the current roster ever because it is the most important position on the field.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #2872
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckYoAnklez View Post
Here's who I think we land in this 2014 class. (If we can only sign 15, is true)
QB: I think Drew Barker ends up with Kentucky (Stoops will use the up and rising pitch) so I think we'll get Tyler Harris.
TE: Kalan Ritchie or Kevin Crosby (probably both, I could see Crosby playing Linebacker)
LB: Deshaun Davis and like I said, I believe Crosby will be the other LB. (We don't get BAW because he wants to play with Nick Glass and I think he stays with UGA)

I know most of you probably disagree with me, about the whole BAW thing but I really believe he ends up wherever Glass ends up. Give me your opinion!
We will end up w/ more than 15.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #2873
CheckYoAnklez
Walk On

Male

CheckYoAnklez has feathers coming inCheckYoAnklez has feathers coming inCheckYoAnklez has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
We will end up w/ more than 15.
I hope we do, it would be a top 10 class, easily!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #2874
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckYoAnklez View Post

We can not close out this class without any DE's. We need at least two. Hopefully, Hand is one of them. Also, does anyone know if Joe Harris will be joining the team in 2014?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #2875
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
We can not close out this class without any DE's. We need at least two. Hopefully, Hand is one of them. Also, does anyone know if Joe Harris will be joining the team in 2014?
This.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #2876
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Googer is a QB. I know we are recruiting him for WR, but maybe he can be cross trained if we miss on other QBs this year.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #2877
CheckYoAnklez
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Well with the limited numbers everyone is talking about, it's hard to say what the coaches will do.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #2878
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
We now have 2 really good QB for the future.....I just don't see that big of a need. Nosovitch and Mitch will leave if they aren't playing. And who says he's better. Rating services are wrong half the time.
Doesn't matter how good they are, he might be better. Beyond that, there is a risk that Mitch and Nosovitch might get injured, transfer, drunk and stupid or just hit a funk, all of which has happened with promising QBs here.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #2879
Reload
Sarcasm Champ

Male

CockyCash: 2025
Reload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his claws

I hope Tyler Harris would be the next in line after Barker. Kid has a bazooka of an arm.
Barker is a great prospect and I hope we will get him. We'll know where he is going soon.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #2880
CheckYoAnklez
Walk On

Male

It'll come down to us and Kentucky.. I just feel like we should at least go after 2 QB's just in case we don't land Barker in the end.
Closed Thread