CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
johnnyb
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
QCB
markp_vip
l^l^lBGCock
taylorssc
ChickenButt
Gamecocks321
ScottK
No Comments on the H (1365)
Call of Duty: Advanc (433)
Freshman ND WR " (430)
Keeping tailgate foo (232)
Good Riddance to bad (228)
Vote For Cocky (204)
Things They Should H (196)
An A to Z of Noah We (119)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (25)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (11)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MICHIGA
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA @ OK
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
NCAAF: VANDERBILT @ MISSO
So Disappointed With The
NCAAF: SYRACUSE @ CLEMSON
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI @ LSU
NCAAF: ALABAMA @ TENNESSE
NCAAF: OHIO STATE @ PENN
Ranking the SEC Football

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite
Jadeveon Clowney 172 80.00%
Eric Norwood 43 20.00%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #21
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787
Default Re: Jadeveon Clowney vs. Eric Norwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by unccgamecock View Post
What's Eric doing today?....
I wondered that the other day so I looked him up. Some sites are saying he's still with the Panthers. Others are saying he's now a free agent. He's no longer on the Panthers active or inactive roster, so I believe he is now a free agent.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #22
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by unccgamecock View Post
What's Eric doing today?....

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=eric+norwood

...sorry I could not resist. I too had the same question
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #23
gamecockgal
KEEP CALM AND HAIL HYDRA!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

I appreciate what Norwood did, but it HAS to be Clowney.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #24
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

Don't know what the thinking is behind this being a first round matchup. Both are probably top 5 Gamecocks in this time period. In fact, they may be 1 and 2 in my mind. That said, Clowney is 1.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #25
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Norwood all the way. the guy had the guts to stay 4 years without ever realizing much benefit. His leadership set up the next group. Clowney is a guy with a shizload of natural ablility that would haul ass right now if he could. pure business.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #26
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb

I voted Norwood. He turned this team around. Yeah, JC is the man, right now, but he's sort of doing what is expected of him; plus, he's still a man amongst boys to be honest. Norwood worked hard, had a great personality, a great smile, and made a lot of big plays. Remember the 2 fumble recoveries for TD against Kentucky? Also, Norwood could stop the run. Yeah, I said it.
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #27
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I voted for Eric Norwood in this matchup. I know Clowney will win it and
I have no problems with that, but johnny's poll question is "FAVORITE
PLAYER" ... not necessarily who we think is the best.

JC is still a work in progress with the team, and unless he doesn't care
much for millions of dollars, he'll only be here one more season.....Eric
Norwood gave us 4 unselfish, 100% effort years. I watched that guy
grow into a decent DE, to a very strong DE and then to a special force
kind of player at LB/DE his senior year and each year he played here, he
got better. Eric was the kind of guy you want to go to battle with. Clowney
will re-write the record book for his position. He'll make an impact with this
team that might not ever be eclipsed. ... But IMO, Eric Norwood was a
total package, and 100% TEAM player. I gave him my vote because
of that.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #28
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I voted for Eric Norwood in this matchup. I know Clowney will win it and
I have no problems with that, but johnny's poll question is "FAVORITE
PLAYER" ... not necessarily who we think is the best.

JC is still a work in progress with the team, and unless he doesn't care
much for millions of dollars, he'll only be here one more season.....Eric
Norwood gave us 4 unselfish, 100% effort years. I watched that guy
grow into a decent DE, to a very strong DE and then to a special force
kind of player at LB/DE his senior year and each year he played here, he
got better. Eric was the kind of guy you want to go to battle with. Clowney
will re-write the record book for his position. He'll make an impact with this
team that might not ever be eclipsed. ... But IMO, Eric Norwood was a
total package, and 100% TEAM player. I gave him my vote because
of that.
we have agreed on every one..same reasons, too. that is scary.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #29
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

I don't think it's fair to say "norwood stayed 4 years so he's more deserving." I'm sure that, had he been projected as the #1 pick after his junior year, he would have been gone as well. But he did in fact have a lot to gain by staying for (and having a good) senior year.

I like both, I vote Norwood only because Clowney is gonna run away with it and I think both guys deserve votes. The mid-interview salute alone has to earn him something.

And Clowney is Clowney. Obviously a top choice as well.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #30
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his comb

I don't know what anyone is going to do if this ends being Clowney versus Lattimore at some point.
NCgamecock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #31
salvacock
Walk On

Male

salvacock has hatched from the shell

I loved Eric Norwood. I still have great respect for him. But I would say that the difference is in SPEED! Clowney has to be one of the fastest and quickest defensive lineman off the ball that I have seen. A few years ago I saw a little of Eric Norwood in Spartanburg at a Panther's training camp. He didn't seem to have as much speed or quickness. But he was going against a pretty good tight end. But that was an impression that has stuck with me. Clowney's speed is phenomenal and is a difference maker.
salvacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #32
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

I hate people aren't using more logic in this polls. Clowney is a beast. Talent wise número UNO. However he takes many plays off per game...Norwood never did. If Norwood had clowneys body and demeanor he would have been all world. Conversely if Clowney were to get serious about his every pay effort and play with Erics mindset every play...oh my lord what a player he would be. In is poll norwood was a four year, every play guy. Clowney has had two amazing seasons that he has played about one seasons worth of plays in. He is a game changer no doubt...but Norwood influenced far more plays to date than Clowney. That is why Norwood gets my vote.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #33
NavyCock16
Recruit

Male

NavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spursNavyCock16 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grit_And_Steel View Post
I went with Clowney, prematurely :( I look back and Norwood played big time, and is one of those high class, high character, and highly athlethic guys that Spurrier used to make our foundation of recent success.

Who can forget this?

I voted Eric and that interview describes it best... I was going nuts when he put his hand up!

Seriously who blows off Erin Andrews in the middle of an interview for our Alma Mater? Eric Norwood does!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #34
A-Cluckwork-Orange
Optimist

Male

A-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgamecock1981 View Post
I don't know what anyone is going to do if this ends being Clowney versus Lattimore at some point.
Lattimore= hands down all time greatest Gamecock. Sorry Had to do it.

I voted Clowney because he will go down as the best player ever to play football at South Carolina. He could have two national titles and been just as big of a super star at Alabama. But he came here. And if he wants to win a championship he will have to step up and lead this team next year. His legacy hasn't been written yet but without him we definitely wouldn't have won 11 games this year, and he will go down as the greatest college DE of all time. He has surpassed Eric Norwood in my mind.
A-Cluckwork-Orange is offline   Reply With Quote