CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Acockolypse Now
Spurticus
gamecockgal
spareparts
Gamecocks1137
B-G
MEL
Regalcock
auslander
Ace suspended 4 game (1879)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (1592)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (1384)
watching the Alabama (458)
Jake Coker (344)
Da'Quan Bowers had a (340)
A good friend of min (327)
ESPN Insider (250)
Dan Patrick Show - P (199)
Phil Steele's Colleg (158)
Let's talk Italian
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Texags
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Christian Pellage
Places to eat in Conway?
Ace suspended 4 games
Official SEC Network and
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas

Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
the_ultimatethrill
Walk On

CockyCash: 500
the_ultimatethrill is learning to peckthe_ultimatethrill is learning to peck
Default Asia Dozier

Guys it has truly been awhile since I have posted even though I read cockytalk everyday faithfully. I have had the opportunity if watching our girls play in three occasions and have found myself a little confused on the nervousness of Asia when is in the game. I we t back and watch some of her hi-lights from when she was in high school and she definitely does not lack talent and was a phenomenal free throw shooter. I'm wonder from watching her if she has not fully adjusted to playing college ball yet but I truly believe when the light comes on and the game slows down for her we will have a star.

Wanted to know if anyone her has seen her actually play in high school and have the same impression
the_ultimatethrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: Asia Dozier

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimatethrill View Post
Guys it has truly been awhile since I have posted even though I read cockytalk everyday faithfully. I have had the opportunity if watching our girls play in three occasions and have found myself a little confused on the nervousness of Asia when is in the game. I we t back and watch some of her hi-lights from when she was in high school and she definitely does not lack talent and was a phenomenal free throw shooter. I'm wonder from watching her if she has not fully adjusted to playing college ball yet but I truly believe when the light comes on and the game slows down for her we will have a star.

Wanted to know if anyone her has seen her actually play in high school and have the same impression
The college game is much faster and only the very best players make an impact as college freshmen.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
I we t back

j/k

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
Cartiaze
X factor

Male

Cartiaze has hatched from the shell

lol
Cartiaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post

j/k
LMAO
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudly

Quote:

I watched her play (on the internet) some in the Myrtle Beach tournament her senior year . She hit a bunch of three-pointers . Was really good from the corner, shooting a high arcing shot . In the exhibition game this year she made a few , shooting that same shot . But then when the season got started, that shot disappeared . She now shoots a flatter, more line-drive type shot . Don't know why . Maybe she started concentrating too much on getting her shot off quickly .
She probably needs to take the Brian Richardson approach - concentrate on her overall game and not put so much pressure on herself to make shots .
scfastpitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #7
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

If memory serves, the 3-point line in college is a foot further out than high school.

Asia's gonna be just fine. As her body and mind adjust to the college game and she gains strength and maturity, that arc will return. And one day when she hits two or three in a row, it'll be lights out from then on.

Truth is, we oldtimers will be almost as tickled as she will be when they start falling because her shooting form reminds us of McGuire-coached teams back in the day.

Wonder who taught her to shoot like that? LOL.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

To me it seems like she is always rushing her shots, like she's shooting to beat the shot clock even when there's tons of time left. It's like she know the games faster and she's trying to catch up to it instead of already being in sync with the pace. I guess that is what is meant by allowing the game to "slow down" for her: it hasn't yet and she is trying to force it. Hopefully she will continue to get opportunities for high-percentage shots and will gain confidence in time....