CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
Acockolypse Now
thekob
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
Rooster'srule
Spur's Addiction
B-G
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
Backup QB competitio (3181)
Anyone heard anythin (1661)
2014 Preseason USA T (1466)
Future Non-Conferenc (869)
Spurrier on the cove (557)
Kewl video (441)
Musburger/Palmer to (438)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (404)
Ranking the SEC scho (391)
Dustin Johnson takin (361)
Anyone heard anything abo
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Kewl video
Backup QB competition
2014 Preseason USA Today/
Random CFB Stats
An Aggies View of the Mat
BBBRRRUUUUUCCCEEEE!!!!
Musburger/Palmer to comme
2014 Signee - Joe Blue

Old 02-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #81
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: Charlotte Observer: JD Clowney should consider skipping 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
This is making national news now and it getting talked about a lot.

I sure hope he plays and we all do as gamecock fans, but looking at it objectively there is no legitimate reason why he should play. He's already the 1st pick and can only risk injury by playing, he can't improve his status is basically only risking injury
Wrong. He is currently the likely first pick. A year of no activity while other players do so, and a demonstration that he would bail on his team to preserve himself, not to mention a concern of how rusty a year off would leave him, and his draft stock would drop a great deal. Draft status isn't a set thing.

Would he still be drafted? Of Course. Would he be the first pick? No freakin way.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #82
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

What is annoyed is Andrew Luck was cheered for going back for his senior year and he was the consensus #1 pick and could do nothing to improve his status. We have a consensus #1 pick and people are saying he should sit out. SMDH. If he played for ND, SOCAL, Bama orsomeone of that stature no one would dare say this.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #83
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
What is annoyed is Andrew Luck was cheered for going back for his senior year and he was the consensus #1 pick and could do nothing to improve his status. We have a consensus #1 pick and people are saying he should sit out. SMDH. If he played for ND, SOCAL, Bama orsomeone of that stature no one would dare say this.
Luck technically could have gone back to school after last year.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #84
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Luck technically could have gone back to school after last year.
Bit he could have gone pro after his sophomore year and been #1. But was cheered for staying. That was the point.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #85
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I wish Clowney would just come out and say something like 'Look, I'm going to play. I've set my goal to get to NY. No one that has ever sat out for a year or more before going to the NFL has turned out to be a franchise player. I'm going to be a franchise player. I'm going to stay sharp, I'm going to play better than I did last year to show that I'm still evolving. Clemson sucks, TWEET THAT'.

Or something like that anyways, so everyone will just shut up.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #86
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

How many of you that voted for Clowney over Norwood, would rescind their vote, if he sat out next year....................
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #87
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

This whole thing is stupid. I am honestly a good bit surprised that it is picking up this much national attention.
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #88
CackDiesel
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 47813
CackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPitCackDiesel rules the CockPit

The just hashed this out on Mike & Mike. Herbie called in and said "no way he sits". They also reported that Clowney tweeted "I'm gonna play lol," from a twitter account they said was confirmed

CackDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #89
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Bit he could have gone pro after his sophomore year and been #1. But was cheered for staying. That was the point.
Not a fair comparison. Luck was cheered because he had a choice, and decided to stay. Plenty of people said he should go before he made the choice to stay, and plenty said he should have gone after he chose to stay. But why would anyone say he should sit out when he voluntarily elected to stay, he had a choice. Clowney doesn't have a choice, and he has to stay, that's why people say he should sit out. If he "chose" to stay, no one would be saying he should sit out. So again, you can't compare the two.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #90
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Stupid idea.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #91
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock View Post
Not a fair comparison. Luck was cheered because he had a choice, and decided to stay. Plenty of people said he should go before he made the choice to stay, and plenty said he should have gone after he chose to stay. But why would anyone say he should sit out when he voluntarily elected to stay, he had a choice. Clowney doesn't have a choice, and he has to stay, that's why people say he should sit out. If he "chose" to stay, no one would be saying he should sit out. So again, you can't compare the two.
My point is not the decision he made my point was that they are both the consensus number one pick regardless of what they choose to do one was cheered for coming back when he didn't have to the other is being told to sit out which is unprecedented.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #92
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
My point is not the decision he made my point was that they are both the consensus number one pick regardless of what they choose to do one was cheered for coming back when he didn't have to the other is being told to sit out which is unprecedented.
I understand your point. My point is that its not fair to make your point due to the difference in the situations.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #93
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
I wish Clowney would just come out and say something like 'Look, I'm going to play. I've set my goal to get to NY. No one that has ever sat out for a year or more before going to the NFL has turned out to be a franchise player. I'm going to be a franchise player. I'm going to stay sharp, I'm going to play better than I did last year to show that I'm still evolving. Clemson sucks, TWEET THAT'.

Or something like that anyways, so everyone will just shut up.
He and Spurrier both have already said he will play. It's just the media being the media.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #94
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

I guess it's the dead period of sports talk radio. You can only talk about basketball for so long. Gotta have something to fill the airwaves.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #95
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Quote:
I wish Clowney would just come out and say something like 'Look, I'm going to play.
jadeveon clowney 7 @clownejd
I'm playing lol

Ask and ye shall receive!

Invading stores now!!

CockyHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #96
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

"Jadeveon killed a guy" sig might come true...opponents tremble and are grasping at straws. I cannot wait to see "the destroyer" this coming season.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #97
bryarx
Starter

Male

bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockRocker View Post
He and Spurrier both have already said he will play. It's just the media being the media.
OH, I've been 100% positive this entire time that he's going to play next year. Not for one second has the 'he might sit out' business had me concerned in the slightest.

I'd like Clowney to come out with (a bigger) statement that shuts up the national attention. His small twitter quote isn't going to do that. If he said something that shows he's weighed the options, and sitting out is flat out ridiculous, then people would stop even discussing it.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #98
bryarx
Starter

Male

Ha, or say something like "Man, these sports talk guys are so good, they should stop talking for a year, so they don't hurt their voices".
Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #99
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyhoskins View Post
jadeveon clowney 7 @clownejd
I'm playing lol

Ask and ye shall receive!
Erin Murray just crapped her pants.

Again.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #100
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Quote:
If he said something that shows he's weighed the options, and sitting out is flat out ridiculous, then people would stop even discussing it.
The thing is though, there are no options to weigh. Sitting out is not an option. Period.

Football players play football. First round draft picks (including the concensus #1 overall pick) play football.

This is, and always was, stupid sports jock rhetoric. His comment, "I'm playing. lol", sums it up perfectly.

Invading stores now!!

CockyHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote