CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
SMOTFS86
Big Spur
The Yancey
kingofnerf
YouCanNeverTell
rabid cock
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3528)
2014 Subway Classic: (1723)
aTm demolishes Kyle (877)
Cocky at the Duck Co (796)
Connor to be backup? (563)
Deer Hunting 2014 (440)
movers, furniture do (354)
Streaming nfl games (282)
10 people who played (185)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (129)
QB Next Season?
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
Connor to be backup?
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
Cleveland Browns Headshot
Greatest Gamecock Players
Greatest Gamecock Players
The Vent and Coaching cha
So, why is next year goin
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre

Old 02-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #101
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: Charlotte Observer: JD Clowney should consider skipping 2013

if thats the case we should all consider sitting at home all day in fear of being killed of a car wreck

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #102
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Mike Williams and Maurice Clarett. Didn't work out for them.
Maurice Clarret was dismissed from osu, had a long list of off the field troubles, challanged the NFL rule that a player must wait 3 years from his high graduating class year to declare for the draft. He won his case and Mike Williams decided he would declare after only 2 years at s cal, when the NFL won there appeal Williams could not return to school and had to sit out to prepare for the 2005 draft.
It still worked out for them, Williams the 10th player drafted and Dispite all his troubles and running a 4.72/4.82 at the combines Clarrett was selected in the 3rd round.

I think the Lattimore situation has alot to do with this story, I have had the pleasure of watching Clowney for the last 2 years and would have no problem with him chasing his dream no matter how he gets there, you go to college in persuit of you dreams no matter what they are! Having said that I do not think in a million years you will find a passionate athlete who will sit out intentionally from competition!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #103
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

**** Charlotte.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #104
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
I guess it's the dead period of sports talk radio. You can only talk about basketball for so long. Gotta have something to fill the airwaves.
ESPN is a very "star driven" enterprise. With the rare exception of Yankees/Red Sox or something like that, they view teams as being more regional in influence and therefore, to increase ratings they talk about people or things that transcend that.

Clowney, because he will be the number 1 pick in the draft and because he had the monstrous hit on New Years Day is one of those guys. He now ranks up there with household names like Johnny Manziel, AJ McAarron, etc. So anything they say about him will garner attention. It's the business, I can't blame them too much. They do have to fill the time until these basketball games actually start to matter. We will see another dead period in July where everyone is just talking about what is coming in football.

Unfortunately for us, even though Clowney has already said otherwise...they are still talking about it. That is the part that bugs me.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #105
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Was just talking to a buddy of mine about this little dead period after the Super Bowl.

But will say this dead period isn't as bad as June/July when it's only mid season Major League Baseball.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #106
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
But will say this dead period isn't as bad as June/July when it's only mid season Major League Baseball.
Yes that time of the year is just brutal. They basically have to manufacture stories on those days. Regular season baseball games matter the least of any professional sport, so losing or winning really isn't that big of a deal on a daily basis.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #107
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Yes that time of the year is just brutal. They basically have to manufacture stories on those days. Regular season baseball games matter the least of any professional sport, so losing or winning really isn't that big of a deal on a daily basis.
What kills me is the hour long sportscenter full of baseball followed by baseball tonight.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #108
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

SVP spent 20 minutes talking about this on his show today. I now realize that ESPN will definitely keep this story going just to build the hype for Clowney leading into the season. They basically said Clowney is the best player in a generation and may very well win the Heisman.

All I got to say is... keep up the talk, ESPN Hype Machine!

We all know he isn't gonna sit out, so I will take an entire summer of them talking about Clowney being the best player in history!

Invading stores now!!

CockyHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #109
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous

I read on twitter earlier that Clowney thought about it and talked with coaches and family but decided to play at USC in 2013. That really bugs me that it was ever even a question.

Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #110
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4eva View Post
I read on twitter earlier that Clowney thought about it and talked with coaches and family but decided to play at USC in 2013. That really bugs me that it was ever even a question.
You read it on twitter? Who posted it?
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #111
spurrierismyhomeboy
4-Star

CockyCash: 304
spurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravecock524 View Post
You read it on twitter? Who posted it?
Spurrier said it in the AJC.

spurrierismyhomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #112
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

clowney never considered not playing.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #113
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

clowney said it was a joke
Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #114
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
**** Charlotte.
This
Old 02-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #115
ColaBoi83
Walk On

Male

ColaBoi83 has feathers coming inColaBoi83 has feathers coming in

of course "The Charlotte Observer" thinks Clowney should sit out next year....The Tarhills are 1ST on the menu next year!
ColaBoi83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #116
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Really hate that all the media keeps running with this idea.
If Clowney were to do it college football would start a trend that would ruin the sport.
It's football, play the damn game!
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #117
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Btw it's not as if he's w/out a doubt the #1 pick. If he lets up and doesn't play with all he's got then be could drop spots. He needs to play lights out this year
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #118
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

They're trying to f with his head. They want to write another story about the fall from grace and then they want to write a redemption story in 5 years.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #119
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
Really hate that all the media keeps running with this idea.
If Clowney were to do it college football would start a trend that would ruin the sport.
It's football, play the damn game!
Very few guys could qualify like this, I don't think it would be a trend, but either way he's said he's playing.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #120
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

WOW! People are scared of him for his last year in college and want to get him off the field. Can't wait to see what he does next year.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote