CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27873)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2200)
Simple "yes&quo (1552)
We actually didnt lo (1308)
Phil Steele just pre (1235)
what I think ab ward (1072)
Eat Crow (981)
Extremely Proud (955)
Garcia: Change the R (785)
I want people to exp (692)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
I want people to explain
Stop bashing Dylan
We actually didnt lose
Extremely Proud
Who start on the d line t
Defense question
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward
We would be 7-1 with just

Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #61
Jleo
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Coach Martin Goes Off!

Martin has my full support. If you can't take criticism, you shouldn't be competing...for anything.

Jleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #62
pick6
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
pick6 has hatched from the shell

Dude has every reason to go off-more so after each game
pick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #63
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

I bet this is how Coach Spurrier felt in year one of the rebuilding project.

This is pretty much what I expected.

Martin has to cure this through coaching and his brand of recruiting.

Rome wasn't built in a day...
Old 02-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #64
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Martin uses the same technique as Bill Parcells... I don't prefer it or care for it, but it works...

Tear them down and then you begin to build them up.

It's the military's approach to building a winning team.

Worked for Parcells at West Point and he stuck with it the rest of his career.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #65
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Bruce plays two sports and gives more of a damn about this team than the players who have more time to prepare for it do. He's the closest thing to a leader this team has had since Devan Downey. Downey told people for days that the Gamecocks would beat Kentucky in Columbia, and they did. When he spoke, people listened. Bruce tries to do that, but doesn't get through.

Unfortunately, most of these guys have poor basketball instincts and are used to losing for their college careers. This team lacks basketball players. Most of these guys were recruited by Darrin Horn. Horn never recruited basketball players. Just athletes and guys who dominated high school on talent alone. Frank never would've recruited any of these players besides Bruce and maybe B-Rich.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #66
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Some of these kids will leave, don't expect Frank Martin to have the same names on this team next year! Unfortunately we don't have anyone else.
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #67
11SWU10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 720
11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous

Respect
Responsibility
Effort
"A coach has to require these things" If not, it is street ball.
He's proven stock. I like him.
11SWU10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #68
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds401 View Post
He isn't ripping out these kids souls, the kids are doing it to themselves. How can a player not show up for practice ?? How can a player show up and not put his/her heart into that session? When I was in junior high, I use to dribble up and down the alley in Chicago for a couple hours a day, plus my homework, plus drying the dishes,plus sometimes making dinner while my parents were working! I am a female! sooo.... whats up with Leonard rolling his eyes at the coach?? whats up with shooting air balls?? They gotta REBOUND !! and MOVE FASTER.

My son was not athletic at all. That was ok. BUT whatever his talents and skills were-he capitalized on them due to having pride in himself. I am glad I didn't have to go thru this lack of attitude and work ethic as a parent.

Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Excuse me while I go run through a wall...
Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #69
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

I hate watching this too. You have no idea how mad this makes me, im 19 years old busting my hump to transfer to USC from tech right now, and as soon as i get there im walking on to the basketball court, granted im only 5'7'' but i promise you i will work my ass off, even if it means getting humiliated, id rather lose knowing i gave everything i had, than acting as if it doesnt bother me. The way these kids play sickens me. And ill make them look foolish in practice if thats their mentality.
Im sick to my stomache. I hope FM and his coaching staff look towards JC to find some players worth a damn
Old 02-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #70
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeser View Post
I hate watching this too. You have no idea how mad this makes me, im 19 years old busting my hump to transfer to USC from tech right now, and as soon as i get there im walking on to the basketball court, granted im only 5'7'' but i promise you i will work my ass off, even if it means getting humiliated, id rather lose knowing i gave everything i had, than acting as if it doesnt bother me. The way these kids play sickens me. And ill make them look foolish in practice if thats their mentality.
Im sick to my stomache. I hope FM and his coaching staff look towards JC to find some players worth a damn
Are you saying that you're going to walk on to the basketball team? Lol I appreciate your intensity.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #71
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

Hahaha. Im honestly not going to, i can hardly dribble let alone compete against SEC caliber opponents! (Even tho i did go to the same high school as Murphy Holloway and played against him in PE) (Dutch Fork) but it really does blow my mind to see D1 basketball players so unappreciative of the oppurtunity that is given to them.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #72
CardiacKemba
Banned

Male

CardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervous

I find it ironic that everyone is saying that Martin should pull everyone's schollies and talking about how great that would be and how he would be sending a message. Meanwhile, everyone calls Horn out for letting a couple players walk and everyone gets disgusted that he "ran players off".
CardiacKemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #73
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
I bet this is how Coach Spurrier felt in year one of the rebuilding project.

This is pretty much what I expected.

Martin has to cure this through coaching and his brand of recruiting.

Rome wasn't built in a day...
not even close to the same situation. usc went 7-5 and beat ut and uf his first year.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #74
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
not even close to the same situation. usc went 7-5 and beat ut and uf his first year.
True, but for several years he had to sift through players that clearly didn't give a damn.

USC had not been recruiting character prior to his arrival.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #75
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Think he went a little overboard with his comments. What recruits would want to play for a coach who bashes his team like that?

Everybody knew it was going to be a tough year. Got to keep working.
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #76
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
Think he went a little overboard with his comments. What recruits would want to play for a coach who bashes his team like that?

I think asking players to play like they give a d@mn is not going overboard. Getting ripped when you play like sh!t should be a given. Martin is not new school in that not everyone is going to get a trophy. I like his mentality.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #77
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post

Interesting point
Old 02-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #78
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

"Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." -Vince Lombardi

Sadly, I think many of the players on this team who have been around the past few seasons are used to losing. Those who are new to the team (Carrera) or have come from winning teams (Bruce with football team) seem to be the ones who give the most effort and take it hardest when we lose.

I sincerely hope that this losing attitude can be overturned, but right now it seems like this team is so used to losing that it almost expects to. I don't doubt that players are giving effort, but to become a winning team, I think we need a roster full of effort players like Bruce and Carrera (and an athletic big man or two, of course).

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
GTjacketcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #79
CurryStorm
Milk Duds

Male

CockyCash: 20200
CurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacKemba View Post
I find it ironic that everyone is saying that Martin should pull everyone's schollies and talking about how great that would be and how he would be sending a message. Meanwhile, everyone calls Horn out for letting a couple players walk and everyone gets disgusted that he "ran players off".
Horn was running off players that he scouted, evaluated and recruited. These aren't Martin's guys, save for 3 of them. One thing that Horn and Martin have in common - they both don't believe the majority of the guys on this team should have scholarships. Lol
Old 02-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #80
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

I don't know it seems that Martin is already getting too fed up too soon. It's starting to seem like he's giving up already. That's bs

I know we're not a great team but coach has to take some responsibility.
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote