CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
Spurticus
ZenUSC
ReadR00ster
cack
peterlemon
Cockypantherfan
StormOfTalons
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1577)
All of our defensive (1173)
louisville (975)
Spurrier Presser (858)
Uniform thread (777)
Cack's Toast of the (735)
Spurrier: Davis Will (600)
Rankings (573)
Watching the Georgia (558)
Not a talent issue
Spurrier Presser
East Carolina Prediction
Uniform thread
Defensive Backfield
2015 - Amonte Caban
Rankings
3-4 "D" Keep it
All of our defensive play
Brison Williams Out..

Old 02-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default 2013

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this is "the year"? I know we say this every year, but with all the momentum we have going, this could be the year we reach the promise land. We have great recruits coming. Spurrier got his "swag" back. Clowney is getting stronger. 2 legit QB's. Favorable schedule.

Anyone else think so?

Schedule:

8/31- vs. UNC
9/7- @ UGA
9/14- vs. Vandy
9/21- BYE
9/28- @ UCF
10/05- vs. UK
10/12- @ Ark.
10/19- @ UT
10/26- @ Mizzou
11/02- Miss. St.
11/09- BYE
11/16- vs. Florida
11/23- vs. CCU
11/30- vs. Clemson
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2013

love that bye week before UF
Old 02-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
love that bye week before UF
Thinking the same thing. The only part that really worries me is those 3 road games. Luckily, its not like an Alabama or LSU, but we just do bad on the road. Ark. always worries me. I feel like we always crap our selves vs them. Especially over there.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really hope Clemson wears down UGAg the week before we play them. That plus the likely suspensions can only improve our chances.

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
GTjacketcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

i'll take a home game against Miss State instead of a night game at LSU in between UGA and UF.
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20008309
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Am I the only one that doesn't really like this easier schedule?
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjacketcock View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really hope Clemson wears down UGAg the week before we play them. That plus the likely suspensions can only improve our chances.
Personally, I want us to be Clemson's first loss this season. Really break their hearts.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

If we had this schedule with the players we had this past season? I would say it is definitely our year..

With the addition of new players comes new expectations so I just have to wait and see how things play out.

I can see this schedule being good enough to get us to atlanta. No doubt in my mind we'd be facing A.J Mccarron and Alabama though. Guy has a shot to leave bama with 3 national titles. Wow. 30 TD's to 3 INTS last season was insane and he barely got mentioned until national title time. He's 49 touchdowns to 8 INTS in his career. Who is there QB coach?
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20008309
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
Personally, I want us to be Clemson's first loss this season. Really break their hearts.
This. Dabo's "we got greatness" attitude before & during the game are almost certainly going to be unbearable, needs to end after week 1
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #10
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

we need clemson to beat uga
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
uscdoit
Recruit

Male

uscdoit is learning to peckuscdoit is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else think that this is "the year"? I know we say this every year, but with all the momentum we have going, this could be the year we reach the promise land. We have great recruits coming. Spurrier got his "swag" back. Clowney is getting stronger. 2 legit QB's. Favorable schedule.

Anyone else think so?

Schedule:

8/31- vs. UNC
9/7- @ UGA
9/14- vs. Vandy
9/21- BYE
9/28- @ UCF
10/05- vs. UK
10/12- @ Ark.
10/19- @ UT
10/26- @ Mizzou
11/02- Miss. St.
11/09- BYE
11/16- vs. Florida
11/23- vs. CCU
11/30- vs. Clemson
I'm a huge Carolina fan that does not wear the garnet colored glasses. We will never go undefeated until we get a line that can block the elite defenses that we face. I've seen it to many times where we can't block great teams. We lost two games this past year and the run game was non-existent.
uscdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #12
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post

Anyone else think so?

Schedule:

8/31- vs. UNC
9/7- @ UGA
9/14- vs. Vandy
9/21- BYE
9/28- @ UCF
10/05- vs. UK
10/12- @ Ark.
10/19- @ UT
10/26- @ Mizzou
11/02- Miss. St.
11/09- BYE
11/16- vs. Florida
11/23- vs. CCU
11/30- vs. Clemson
If I'm being honest, I had the same "gut feeling" about this past season, but that gut feeling is even stronger for 2013 because of the more favorable schedule. (That said, it's still a more challenging schedule than 90% of the teams in the freakin' country have to deal with. It's no cake walk...just favorable by SEC standards.)

I'd be even more confident if Ace had stuck around, giving us an elite WR duo with him and Ellington...but if the other WRs step up, if the OL progresses, and if we can fill the holes at LB, the sky is the limit in 2013. (The "sky" being an SEC title and National Championship...both are genuinely possible. It's not a pipe dream.)

We can certainly win every game on our schedule, and even one slip-up loss shouldn't cost us a shot at the title. This is an exciting time to be a Gamecock!
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #13
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
we need clemson to beat uga
Why?

I'd rather play UGA coming off a win than a loss. Out of conference losses don't help us with the division.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #14
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spurs

losing 7 players on D isnt going to bode well for the team. Considering Defense is the reason why we have had the success that we have had. Inconsistent WR play. Inconsistent OL play. And unproven RB play.

I am not saying that we dont have talent that could possibly step up. But we do have the flip side of that as well.

CarolinaSpur12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #15
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

I dont think there will be a huge drop off from the defense, depending on the LBs. Our offense may be the best it has ever been.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #16
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 View Post
losing 7 players on D isnt going to bode well for the team. Considering Defense is the reason why we have had the success that we have had. Inconsistent WR play. Inconsistent OL play. And unproven RB play.

I am not saying that we dont have talent that could possibly step up. But we do have the flip side of that as well.
Yep. I'm pretty concerned about this season. 9-3 is a success in my mind. Of course I called 9-3 last season for the regular season too.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 View Post

I think its fair to say there is no reason we cant go 12-0 this season, but I think we should expect to win 10+ games. We have a much more favorable schedule this season. Our Dline will be just as good if not better than last season. Swearinger is a big loss for the secondary but we do have players with experience filling in for him. The only real question mark on the defense is the LBs, but with an elite Dline the LBs and DBs jobs will be much easier. Our offense should be the best we have seen. We have a deep pool of quality/experienced RBs in Wilds (proven)/Davis(proven)/Carson(if he plays), and 2 sleepers in Salley/Williams. Our WR core is deep, we get our leading WR in Ellington, burner in Byrd (hopefully he can be a more complete WR), the always consistent Nick Jones, experienced Shaq Roland with high expectations, and with huge potential talent in Kwinton Smith, Shameir Jeffery, KJ Brent and Jody Fuller. We also have extremely good TEs in Anderson, Adams, and Owens that provide big targets and huge mismatches. Now that Elliot has most of/if not all of his guys in, I expect to see a huge improvement on the OL. And with all of this offense, we have 2 QBs that bring different talents to the table.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #18
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Why?

I'd rather play UGA coming off a win than a loss. Out of conference losses don't help us with the division.
UGA gets hot later in the season. let them. The higher ranked clemson is at the end of the season... if we win... it would help us more.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #19
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

everyone is saying that our offense could be the best its ever been? thats comical. Unproven rb's, a decent oline, and no proven wr's. we gotta be real about this folks. outside of the te's and dt throwing the ball... im just not too confident unfortunately. I know we have players that can step up and am pullling for them but its WAY to early to be pumping this offense up more than it is
Old 02-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #20
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't really like this easier schedule?
Why?

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote