CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Acockolypse Now
MEL
auslander
sanford
MWard
Spurticus
ccured
The Yancey
WeStillOwnUSC
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1500)
Texags (1306)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (1115)
Ace suspended 4 game (1036)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Dawg DL man arrested (909)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (796)
Comporium (736)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (661)
Georgia DE Jonathan (620)
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Texags
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
2015 - Mon Denson
Ace suspended 4 games
2015 - Traveon Samuel
2015 - Zack Bailey
Another A&M aggie off

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #3201
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 - Elijah Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
So Hood went from visiting USC a number of times, to having us high on his list and saying we're one of the schools recruiting him the most, to dropping us from his list of favorites and stating that he's not even going to visit us un-officially. Something definitely happened here.....
Scott is our #1 RB target and we may prefer Hood at LB with BAW as the #1 at this position.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #3202
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Da'Shawn Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Where did you here that.

To play with Derrick Green.
He has said that, "I feel most comfortable with Michigan and the coaching staff."
Old 02-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #3203
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by "gets it". According to some on here, Sanders was going to commit to us when he left. So I'm assuming he heard what Clowney had to say, but yet he still ended up going somewhere else.
Sanders did commit behind the scenes then A&M changed his mind if I recall

Old 02-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #3204
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Drew Barker

Josh Low of GCC talked to Barker a couple of days ago, and even though he has visited UK twice in the last few weeks, and they have moved up, Carolina is still his leader. He is planning on coming to Columbia twice......once for a spring practice and once for the spring game. He is planning on announcing in late April or early May. At this point, that seems pretty solid to me.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #3205
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 - Drew Barker

Quote:
Josh Low of GCC talked to Barker a couple of days ago, and even though he has visited UK twice in the last few weeks, and they have moved up, Carolina is still his leader. He is planning on coming to Columbia twice......once for a spring practice and once for the spring game. He is planning on announcing in late April or early May. At this point, that seems pretty solid to me.
Indeed! This is excellent news. We're still the leader...he'll be here for the spring game...possible late April commit...hmmmmm

Old 02-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #3206
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Orlando "Zeus" Brown Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycock View Post
He should not be a "baby" after 2 plus years at the SEC level. If you are not improving you're holding us back. Our line play needs to improve dramatically in 2013.
Shell? Hope you aren't talking about him or any, excluding Patrick, of our offensive linemen. If you are talking about Shell, do some research before retracting your comments...2+ years in the SEC-WRONG. RS FR &Freshman 1st team All-SEC this year.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #3207
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Did you ever consider why it didn't matter? Clowney calls them like he sees them....nothing else to say. Best of luck to Sanders. I can assure everyone Clowney is a great recruiter of any prospect at any position provided the kid "gets it." Pre-madonas need not apply.

You are correct, Pre-Madonas need not apply. They will find that playinh here is a tough road to hoe. They come into a program like a wolf in cheap clothing, and expect to be placed on a peddle stool. Let's face it, there's so much parody in college football these days, everybody gets these type of guys, not just the traditional powers. I don't have time to go into the perpendiculars right now, but suffice it to say, their are many exemplars. There all just so full of themself. I could give you a hundred antidotes, but, I won't go they're in this thread. I will make no delusions to any players in our passed.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #3208
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on cockytalk in my 7 years on the site. Very well played! Now back to the thread.
more like 7 months...
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #3209
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

What's madona like 50 now? If they're before that, they've got to either be far too old to be effective or michael jordan.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #3210
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
What's madona like 50 now? If they're before that, they've got to either be far too old to be effective or michael jordan.
Yeah, those PRE-Madonnas have got to be really old. I don't even like Madonna, I can only imagine how bad pre-madonnas are.

Good grief, people- if you dont know what a word is, dont use it.

PRIMA DONNA
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #3211
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

So what if, just spit-balling here, everyone reading this thread came up with a concerted effort at the Spring Game (his first visit with us) to make a favorable impression (similarly to Clowney attending the basketball game and hearing the entire crowd chant his name).

1. Would it make a good impression, or be cheesy.

2. Could we pull it off?

3. Does it violate any rules?

4. Does anyone else care, and if not I'll just go back to Smacktalk and continue messing with Skeeter.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #3212
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Yeah, those PRE-Madonnas have got to be really old. I don't even like Madonna, I can only imagine how bad pre-madonnas are.

PRIMA DONNA
That always bugs me along with alot and "for all intensive purposes"
Old 02-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #3213
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
Sanders did commit behind the scenes then A&M changed his mind if I recall
I think the Big Spur was going to cover his announcement, but then Sanders committed to A&M after he got home. His parents had an in home with A&M while he was on his official to USC. There is no telling what was said.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #3214
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
So what if, just spit-balling here, everyone reading this thread came up with a concerted effort at the Spring Game (his first visit with us) to make a favorable impression (similarly to Clowney attending the basketball game and hearing the entire crowd chant his name).

2. Could we pull it off?

4. Does anyone else care, and if not I'll just go back to Smacktalk and continue messing with Skeeter.
I would like to see this happen.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #3215
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post

Every recruit is different. Some love it, others just like it. For most recruits, the number of fans attending the game will leave more of an impression on them. For the record, we also chanted "We want Leon" at a basketball game for Leon Hart, a former Spring Valley OL, and he ended up choosing Auburn.

2. Could we pull it off?
Very tough to do at a spring football game as opposed to a basketball game. Especially because a lot of fans at the game do not follow recruiting as much as members of this board do, so they will be wondering who Hand is, as opposed to joining the chant.

Possibly, if it is an orchestrated chant and their is proof backing that up. Someone else on here needs to clarify that.

My thoughts.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 02-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #3216
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post

PRIMA DONNA
Yeah, my phone has the worst keyboard/auto spell of all time. I certainly apologize to all who believe I was referring to someone or something before the pop singer. I promise, anyone who has ever taken Torts knows at least one Latin word....prima (prima facie). Whether I know the meaning of prima donna, which I do, is not the issue. The way I butchered it, however, cannot be excused.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #3217
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

At any rate, get this kid on campus.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #3218
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Yeah, my phone has the worst keyboard/auto spell of all time. I certainly apologize to all who believe I was referring to someone or something before the pop singer. I promise, anyone who has ever taken Torts knows at least one Latin word....prima (prima facie). Whether I know the meaning of prima donna, which I do, is not the issue. The way I butchered it, however, cannot be excused.
Don't worry about it. I was just breaking balls. and yes lets get the kid on campus.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #3219
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Some could be a Louis Prima Donna, but I like Louis Prima.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #3220
35-21
Tons-A-Fun

Male

CockyCash: 200
35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
You are correct, Pre-Madonas need not apply. They will find that playinh here is a tough road to hoe. They come into a program like a wolf in cheap clothing, and expect to be placed on a peddle stool. Let's face it, there's so much parody in college football these days, everybody gets these type of guys, not just the traditional powers. I don't have time to go into the perpendiculars right now, but suffice it to say, their are many exemplars. There all just so full of themself. I could give you a hundred antidotes, but, I won't go they're in this thread. I will make no delusions to any players in our passed.
AMAZING!!!!
Closed Thread