CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
StormOfTalons
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
b381l
elcid99
sporkgod50
auslander
M.C.
75CarolinaFan
An Aggies View of th (1114)
My predictions for 2 (1032)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (771)
Tennessee (741)
Elcid99 (732)
Question on Student (501)
Erin Murray's brothe (465)
Clowney in Practice (442)
SEC Recruiting Advan (416)
Camp scheduled relea (355)
Mike Davis' HS Coach on H
Question on Student Secti
FIFA 14 on PS3
Tennessee
Elcid99
An Aggies View of the Mat
SEC Recruiting Advantage
Rokevious Watkins cut fro
My predictions for 2014
2015 Commitment - Mon Den

Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs
Default GAMECOCK ELITE

In another thread it was declaired Clowney was the best.I replied that history would decied the answer to that I think we should start a new club.THE GAMECOCK ELITE.A list of players whom have set records during thier tenture.including players that have made the most impact on the field.. Who would you say? ie. BLAKE MITCHELL..first QB to beat FLA,TENN,GA,CLEMSON,2 BOWL GAMES[OHIO BUCKEYES] if someone out there could put this in a better format please feel free ..i would just like to see what your choice would be .may also be incentive to players to have thier name included as A GAMECOCK ELITE.
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Re: GAMECOCK ELITE

Blake Mitchell didn't beat the Ohio Buckeyes, nor did he beat the Ohio State Buckeyes. That would be Phil Petty.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I'm one of the members of the group that would say. If Blake had any bit of an Offensive Line ... he COULD HAVE BEEN one of the greatest for us. The numbers he put up and the things he did with a flag football no contact Offensive Line is amazing.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Blake was definitely one of the most talented players we ever had. I also agree with Cack's assessment of the line. Blake just had that tendency for the bonehead throw as well though. The bowl game with MO when he shortarmed that pass to Sidney when that was about the only thing we could have done to lose the game comes to mind.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Besides the most obvious, George Rogers (who would deserve to be in any ELITE GAMECOCK list (HeismanNuffSaid)....

Steve Wadiak

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
Flips
Two Deep

Male

Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

I'm not really sure what is happening here...
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

You would think that I should know better by now than to click on any thread that is in all caps.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

George "Heisman" Rogers!!!
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #9
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
You would think that I should know better by now than to click on any thread that is in all caps.
He He He
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

I'm sorry, but Blake Mitchell is not elite. I don't think any Gamecock QB has been elite.

Elite guys are

George Rogers
Sterling Sharpe
Clowney
Melvin Ingram
James Seawright
Rick Sanford
Del Wilkes
Sidney Rice
Alshon
Marcus Lattimore
Harold Green
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

just look at the names around the stadium, there's your elite group. Clowneys should be up in a year or so.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #12
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
I'm one of the members of the group that would say. If Blake had any bit of an Offensive Line ... he COULD HAVE BEEN one of the greatest for us. The numbers he put up and the things he did with a flag football no contact Offensive Line is amazing.

I have to agree with this statement. Blake not only didn't have a o-line that could block the wind but after Sydney left he only had Kenny McKinley to throw to. The same could be said for Cory Boyd.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #13
Singaporecock
Redneck Abroad

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
Singaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Singaporecock

Brad Edwards
Sheldon Brown
Old 02-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #14
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

I've only followed Gamecock Football really since the start of the 2009 season. Since then I consider these guys elite:
Alshon Jeffery
Stephon Gilmore
Melvin Ingram
Marcus Lattimore
Jadeveon Clowney
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #15
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
Blake Mitchell didn't beat the Ohio Buckeyes, nor did he beat the Ohio State Buckeyes. That would be Ryan Brewer.
Fixed it for you!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
I'm sorry, but Blake Mitchell is not elite. I don't think any Gamecock QB has been elite.

Elite guys are

George Rogers
Sterling Sharpe
Clowney
Melvin Ingram
James Seawright
Rick Sanford
Del Wilkes
Sidney Rice
Alshon
Marcus Lattimore
Harold Green
What about Duce Staley?

What he did against Clemsux his Senior year with a sprained ankle is stuff legends are made of! Not bad in the NFL either!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Yet another piece of compelling evidence in support of my argument that we need to bring back negative rep. LOL.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #18
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
Blake was definitely one of the most talented players we ever had.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #19
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Blake could have been great. Put him on the 2012 gamecock team and we at least make it to the sec championship.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #20
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
What about Duce Staley?

What he did against Clemsux his Senior year with a sprained ankle is stuff legends are made of! Not bad in the NFL either!
exactly what I was thinking. You've got to have Duce!!!! in there. Hell Taneyhill and Zola Davis are both great memories from my gamecock childhood. At a minimum, Steven should be in the conversation.