CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
markymark550
NinjaSven
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Lonnie
CoverTwo
johnnyb
PageUSC
Rivalry Thoughts and (2908)
How is Shaq Davidson (1466)
This would be awesom (1189)
Perspective on our g (1109)
Currently 2nd in att (821)
SEC referees? (708)
Defense and offense (505)
Alshon - Bose (497)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (461)
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (304)
Brad Lawing
Playstation 4
How cool would it be to..
We Have to Pass
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
weekend conference Predic
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Name a Gamecock
Alshon - Bose
Perspective on our game f

Old 02-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #41
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 126034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material
Default Re: PS4 will be revealed Feb. 20th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatord View Post
the one thing that i dont like is not being able to sell your games and buying used ones. thats all i buy and i would like to be able to play ps3 games on it.
lol you completely contradicted yourself here Mr application director
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 AM   #42
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
You're completely missing the point of what I was saying. I'm not at all talking about not paying for a product. I'm talking about losing the ability to share my games with my friends. I still actually enjoy couch co-op quite a bit. To not be able to pick up my game and head over to a friend's house for a co-op game on his system seems very odd to someone who has been doing that since the NES days.

Also, there's the concept that once you buy something, it is your property and you should be able to do with it as you wish. If I want to give clothes, food, electronics, furniture or any other kind of good that I purchased to someone else, why should I not be permitted to do so with a game?

This is not at all an issue of requiring someone to purchase a product. It's not about piracy. We're talking about a multi-billion industry hamstringing their consumers and forcing them to shell out full price for only new products and completely eliminating a used game market.

Also, a sorry side effect of this happening is going to be the reduction in availability of older games for purchase. Retailers are not going to keep stocking older games from publishers on their shelves. Those 2-5 year old games on your PS3 that you still like picking up from Gamestop because somebody mentioned it was a fun game that you just never happened to hear of? Good luck finding that now.
And if the rumors are true about pre-owned games, GameStop may not exist the way they do now...

Go Cocks!
uscsaxplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #43
thegreatord
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2700
thegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
lol you completely contradicted yourself here Mr application director
Director? I said I am against not allowing the sale of used games but that means there is still only one owner once the transaction is done. This board is getting impossible to discuss on without some type of smartazz comment included.

GO COCKS!!!!!!!!!
thegreatord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #44
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatord View Post
Director? I said I am against not allowing the sale of used games but that means there is still only one owner once the transaction is done. This board is getting impossible to discuss on without some type of smartazz comment included.
Think about that again please. If the game itself can only be installed on one system, how can there be a used game for purchase? Even if that somehow made and sense (and it doesn't), why should a consumer good only be permitted to one owner in its lifetime. If I want to sell my sweater or my dvd to my neighbor, I can. Why should a video game and different?
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #45
thegreatord
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2700
thegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
Think about that again please. If the game itself can only be installed on one system, how can there be a used game for purchase? Even if that somehow made and sense (and it doesn't), why should a consumer good only be permitted to one owner in its lifetime. If I want to sell my sweater or my dvd to my neighbor, I can. Why should a video game and different?
It shouldn't and I have already said that I agree with you. I guess after having steam for almost 10 years, I am just use to that type of setup. Just dont want that on a console. But only installing on one device would be robbery! I really hope that's not the case and being a life long sony fan, this would cause me to consider not buying one.

GO COCKS!!!!!!!!!
thegreatord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #46
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I believe the rumors about no optical drive have been discredited. If the publisher of the software on the disk includes measure to prohibit resale, like MSFT has done for years for Office and Windows, that is on the publisher.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #47
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/son..._story_popular
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #48
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

I will only be getting one console out of this next gen release. So I will be waiting to see what Microsoft has to add before I even start to look at buying a PS4.

This announcement should still be very interesting. Going to tip their hat on strategy for the next decade.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #49
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Ready for some official info!

https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #50
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Okay it's the 20th. We're the info
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #51
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstora...ting/live.html

Link to live stream.. just talking right now from the Spike TV whatever it is...

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #52
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
I will only be getting one console out of this next gen release. So I will be waiting to see what Microsoft has to add before I even start to look at buying a PS4.

This announcement should still be very interesting. Going to tip their hat on strategy for the next decade.
I'm probably going to build a gaming PC since I'm using an old crappy laptop as my only PC. BUT, if I do decide not to go the PC route then I will just be getting one next gen console as well. It'll probably be the PS4... been using my PS3 so much more lately than my 360.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #53
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Daaaaaamn all games ever released for playstation available via cloud? If they can deliver on that...
Old 02-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #54
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

This system sounds like a beast
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #55
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

Any highlights hardware wise?
Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #56
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Any highlights hardware wise?
Moments ago, PS4 Lead System Architect Mark Cerny confirmed the specs and design behind PlayStation 4. Specifics are still unknown, but let's look at what's confirmed so far:

*Supercharged PC Architecture

*X86 CPU - 8 cores

*Enhanced PC GPU - 2 teraflops

*8 GB RAM - GDDR5

*Local HDD

http://www.psu.com/a018391/PS4-specs...d-and-detailed
Old 02-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #57
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Meeting still going on...

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstora...ting/live.html
Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #58
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Are they actually going to show the console at some point?

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #59
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

I had to turn it. But the coolest part to me was the cloud gaming guy from the company they acquired. He was talking about building the best and fastest gaming network. At least they are starting to come at it from a US software, connectivity, user experience point of view as opposed to an 80's Nippon engineering perspective.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #60
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

The ability to play any gen PlayStation game (including PS4) on the Vita might be enough to bring me back to the portable gaming market.

The headphone jack in the controller is a minor thing, but cool. I'd use it.

I'm a fan of the first inFamous game, so a new one on PS4 is cool to hear about.

Now tell me you've finally got ESPN partnered on so we can watch like xbox owners can.....
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote