CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
ReadR00ster
IBleedGarnetandBlack
Spurticus
StormOfTalons
gamecock88
gromweat
ZenUSC
b381l
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1672)
All of our defensive (1403)
Spurrier Presser (1367)
Uniform thread (1156)
Cack's Toast of the (1145)
louisville (1047)
Rankings (1040)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1021)
3-4 "D" Ke (739)
Not a talent issue
East Carolina Prediction
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
Will Devin ever suit up f
3-4 "D" Keep it
Rankings
Recruiting Question
Defensive Backfield
USC/Georgia 9/13/2014
Nick Chubb

Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #21
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney Best Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makindough View Post
was just told by a michigan fan that Lewan owned JD in the bowl and it was just 2 plays that he made a difference
he didnt watch the game.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

exactly what i told him
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #23
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Clowney, Sharp, Rogers, Latti are at the top.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #24
Yearofthegamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makindough
was just told by a michigan fan that Lewan owned JD in the bowl and it was just 2 plays that he made a difference
Tell that michigan fan to quick smoking rocks

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #25
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Can't accurately judge his place until he is gone, as others have said.

If you want to pick someone who was the best at the top of their game, or the best for the program, you can't overlook what Marcus has done.

Despite the injuries, for the rest of my lifetime when the "best" of our football program is brought up Marcus Lattimore has to be in the conversation. Has to be.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #26
EMAG
Walk On

Male

EMAG has hatched from the shell

I think Lattimore is the greatest. He put the program on his back from the time he got here in the weight room. He was the most talented player but yet the hardest worker. That set the tone to the rest of the players. He lifted with the linemen to get stronger and ran with the receivers to get faster. He took on the role of lead recruiter and was probably the best recruiter we had(staff included). He would go watch Roland's basketball games and I'm sure he had a huge part in Clowney coming here. Not to mention the 2010 season when he was literally our team, when he went down our shot at winning did as well.

From that season on the tone had been set. He got the ball rolling and I'll thank him forever for putting his heart and soul into building a consistent winner.
EMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #27
EMAG
Walk On

Male

EMAG has hatched from the shell

That being said though, Clowney has a great shot at winning the heisman and if we win the SEC with him carrying the team, how could he not be?
EMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #28
Glamcock
Recruit

Male

Glamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his comb

I don't know why Antonio Allen is not mentioned as one of the best ever. Check out these stats from 2011.

Led team in tackles with 88.
9.5 TFL
1 sack
3 INT
4 FF
3 FR

That is the best season a Gamecock defender will ever have. He forced 10 turnovers, was the leading tackler, and the leading INT guy. One of the best ever.
Glamcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #29
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Clowney has the ability to be the best defensive player in the last 10 years.You couldn't say George or Sharpe were even the best player in any one year.We are watching something special and if he improves even half as much from this year to next as he did this past year then there will be no doubt.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #30
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamcock View Post
I don't know why Antonio Allen is not mentioned as one of the best ever. Check out these stats from 2011.

Led team in tackles with 88.
9.5 TFL
1 sack
3 INT
4 FF
3 FR

That is the best season a Gamecock defender will ever have. He forced 10 turnovers, was the leading tackler, and the leading INT guy. One of the best ever.
What about ECook 2007 or Ko in 2005/6? Both led the team in INTs and tackles. As for old school Mike Durrah only played 3 years and is third all time in tackles (Helps he has the single season record with 179!!!!).
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #31
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

What people forget with our recent success, people forget how big an impact Big George had on our program in 1980. As we all know, in 1971 we left the ACC. In the next 9 seasons leading up to George Rodger's Heisman trophy year, we were barely a .500 team (52-49-2). George gave gamecock fans hope that we could finally be included in a national discussion. There was a psychological boost that #38 provided that can't really be quantified. Up to that point, we had only finished in the AP top 25 poll once, in 1958 (a feat that we would not repeat until 1984).

There was a seed change here when we joined the SEC. Players like Alshon, Ingram, Lattimore and Clowney are just part of the natural slow growth and progression of our program. Now, we kinda take for granted the types of players we have here now. The type of players that the national media talk about. George was the first gamecock in the modern era to get that kind of press...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #32
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makindough View Post
was just told by a michigan fan....
I was just told by a Michigan fan that they in fact did make the first down and that problem was my TV.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #33
MountainCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200500
MountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
Aaron Rodgers never won the Heisman. George Rogers did though
MountainCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #34
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

at his position yea

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #35
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Tks, OP. I didn't think much of this thread when it started, but it has begun to grow on me.

Maybe, just maybe, it marks the rise of a new power in CFB and recognition of the tradition we have begun to establish. All the great Gamecocks mentioned in this thread have one thing in common - the most marvelous of hearts.

We never say never. We never give up. We persevere against all odds. We fight to the death rather than betray the heart that beats within our breast.

Don't you see? Some of the guys on the B-ball team forgot that for a moment, so Frank reminded them of it.

And that's why Ray, SOS, Dawn, Frank, Bev, Chad, their staffs and all the others feel so at home. Each and every one of them knows their body and soul lives among kindred spirits.

This thread marks the dawn of the day we've been waiting for. The day when it really is a great day to be a Gamecock.

Welcome home, everyone. Welcome home!
OldPat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #36
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Most talented? m-a-y-b-e. Best ever to suit up? Not a chance. He takes way too many plays off. When he's feeling it...and wants to...he is a game changer.

Hope I'm wrong but I'll bet you see him take more plays off this season than the last two. We'll see. He's one of the greats as far as talent and the ability to impose his will on any single play...but best ever? I'm not sure who I'd place that mantel on...honestly...but I'd rather give it to a player who gave his all on every play.

Can't wait til the Spring Game!
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #37
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
Most talented? m-a-y-b-e. Best ever to suit up? Not a chance. He takes way too many plays off. When he's feeling it...and wants to...he is a game changer.

Hope I'm wrong but I'll bet you see him take more plays off this season than the last two. We'll see. He's one of the greats as far as talent and the ability to impose his will on any single play...but best ever? I'm not sure who I'd place that mantel on...honestly...but I'd rather give it to a player who gave his all on every play.

Can't wait til the Spring Game!
I respect your opinion but you're probably counting the plays where he was either double-triple teamed or being held as him taking plays off.

Despite all of that he's argaubly the very best DE I've had the pleasure of watching play college football since year 1985.
CockOla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #38
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

So a better question, name the top three DE's to play at Carolina?
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #39
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
So a better question, name the top three DE's to play at Carolina?
1.abraham
2.ingram
3.clowney
Old 02-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #40
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

It's unfair to keep Kalimba Edwards out of any discussion for that

So in no order put him there too ahaha

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote